Things that annoy you (9 Viewers)

olderskyblue

People occupying your seat on a train.

Would say at least 9 times out of 10, over a period of many years, I have reserved seats only to find someone occupying them.

You get the odd 'Sorry,' but like today, going to Manchester, people give you the usual look of 'how annoying' when you politely ask them to move.

Trains back from London and Manchester and Liverpool etc . are fine because it is the initial departure point and our seats are vacant anyway, but anytime we catch a train that is mid journey you can be damn sure someone is sitting in our seat.

Today the display quite clearly said reserved from Coventry to Manchester, yet there , not at all to our surprise were two people in our seats.

These people always know what they are doing and just chance their arm. As soon as you mention it they know straight away and don't ever do the 'oh sorry, are they?' response to the 'these are our seats ' statement.

It's always a look of how dare you, or annoyance at having to gather up their things and sit elsewhere.

As I am a humble guy I hate to ask people to move, but I do always do it on principle.

Bloody annoying and half the time these people have all they stuff splayed out across the table like they own it. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Coming back from the NEC last Friday, asked a woman to move her bag so my wife could sit down. She said "is the seat reserved?" I said "not for your bag it's not.." She shot me a dirty look, but moved the bag.

skyblue1991

People occupying your seat on a train.

Would say at least 9 times out of 10, over a period of many years, I have reserved seats only to find someone occupying them.

You get the odd 'Sorry,' but like today, going to Manchester, people give you the usual look of 'how annoying' when you politely ask them to move.

Trains back from London and Manchester and Liverpool etc . are fine because it is the initial departure point and our seats are vacant anyway, but anytime we catch a train that is mid journey you can be damn sure someone is sitting in our seat.

Today the display quite clearly said reserved from Coventry to Manchester, yet there , not at all to our surprise were two people in our seats.

These people always know what they are doing and just chance their arm. As soon as you mention it they know straight away and don't ever do the 'oh sorry, are they?' response to the 'these are our seats ' statement.

It's always a look of how dare you, or annoyance at having to gather up their things and sit elsewhere.

As I am a humble guy I hate to ask people to move, but I do always do it on principle.

Bloody annoying and half the time these people have all they stuff splayed out across the table like they own it. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!
I'm guessing the secondary seat was occupied by a laptop or a bag.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

to be fair half of reserved seats, people dont turn up, or sit elsewhere, so no problem with people sitting in them, so long as they immediately removed when challenged

I had an embarrasing gaffe though once, when i was having a big row trying to get somebody to move, but when the train manager (guard - that's from another thread) came by, he pointed out that i was on the wrong train, going in the wrong direction

smouch1975

To be fair the new advertising, both the size and frequency here on tap a talk are most fucking annoying.

Nick you tight arse. Buy a server

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I'm getting older and I constantly get junk mail about cremation services, hearing aids and urging me to make my 'final arrangements'.

Johnnythespider

Halloween. Bore off.
Yeah kids should be bobbing for apples and making effigies of Guy Fawkes to burn at this time of year, I remember many years ago walking past the Hastings pub on Clay lane, two lads were outside with a guy in a wheelbarrow, "penny for the guy" they asked as I passed, i was unemployed at the time and didn't have two pennies to rub together. Sorry lads I said but I haven't got a bean and walked on, I went about 20 yards and heard a shout "you tight c##t", that's Cov for you.

Monners

At the moment - trick or treat. I will vomit on the next kid that knocks on the door - oh, here we go!...

skybluedan

No being able to tug as much as I used to (or indeed want to)
What's the problem like , your hand or your cock? If it's your hand then simple just fuck a random tight spot ie the sofa in between the cushions , and if it's your cock sorry can't help ya I'm not a doctor
And by the way just for the record I am not a doctor, never said I was a doctor and do not have a license to practice

Monners

Not guilty Otis, unless you live in Kingsthorpe in Northampton - but my neighbour is less than impressed. Hoped he would see the funny side.

oakey

On the theme of Halloween, I get why kids might like it but adults dressing up with their kids and showing off photos at work of themselves at some weirdo event and excitedly discussing their costume in great detail... and that's 40 year old blokes . Wtf?

Nick

Administrator
Teenagers who put their.coat over their head, and get their mate in a headlock I and think it's fancy dress.

Do one.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The phrase
A few scoops

What does it all mean, it makes me cringe, many a man uses it on here, stop it now

Groups of lads that refer to their mates as "the squad" or "squad goals".

You're not playing in the up coming World Cup qualifiers you're on a night out down the Skydome!!

Gazolba

The phrase
A few scoops

What does it all mean, it makes me cringe, many a man uses it on here, stop it now
I hate "get your ducks in a row".

Terry Gibson's perm

On the theme of Halloween, I get why kids might like it but adults dressing up with their kids and showing off photos at work of themselves at some weirdo event and excitedly discussing their costume in great detail... and that's 40 year old blokes . Wtf?

There was a mother taking her kids around our estate last night who had a tremendous low cut top on and didn't knock on our door well pissed me off.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
Bloke by me at the game who insisted on calling everybody by their initials.

"Do you know JC?"

"Come on JJ"

Monners

Smashing Yellow stone built properties round there if I'm not mistaken.
In Kingsthorpe Village itself yes Wingy (great real ale pub too). I live in a part of the urban growth that swallowed it up. Still has plenty of character though

wingy

In Kingsthorpe Village itself yes Wingy (great real ale pub too). I live in a part of the urban growth that swallowed it up. Still has plenty of character though
I worked on some of those developments back in the 70's and 80's, Ravensthorpe sticks in the brain, Wilton ??

Users who are viewing this thread