Things that annoy you (15 Viewers)

shmmeee

I have to say i had to chuckle when finding out that the world record transfer fee in the women's game was £400,000! Kevin Keegan was sold from Liverpool to SV Hamburg in 1977 for £500,000 (which was reportedly what Arsenal wanted to pay Manure Women - to avoid any confusion - for Russo). So that means the women's game is officially 45 years behind in value terms. And they want to be paid equal wages???

Do they?

Skybluefaz

I have to say i had to chuckle when finding out that the world record transfer fee in the women's game was £400,000! Kevin Keegan was sold from Liverpool to SV Hamburg in 1977 for £500,000 (which was reportedly what Arsenal wanted to pay Manure Women - to avoid any confusion - for Russo). So that means the women's game is officially 45 years behind in value terms. And they want to be paid equal wages???
Womens football was banned by men for 50 years. Not surprising its so far behind in many aspects.

SheafIsGod

No issue with women’s football but I wish they’d stop shoving it down our throats. I don’t want to watch it for the same reason I don’t watch my local pub team play every week.

NorthernWisdom

Customer service responses that get ridiculously defensive. I'm saying it's *my* fault I've broken a part, and am asking if it's possible to *buy* a replacement. Not sure why that means they have to get arsey and obstructive, when a simple sorry no would suffice!

SkyBlueSoul

Having to listen to one of the directors talk about all the "bantoss" he has with one of his mates. Makes me glad I never normally have to go into the office.

Macca1987

All this crap about Prince H and him losing his virginity to an older woman. Turns out she was two years older than him and they were both teenagers

SBAndy

Energy companies. Just bought our own place and letter through from Eon saying estimated annual price of £2,855. However, they recommend we set up a direct debit for £386 per month. Not sure on the maths myself…

fernandopartridge

Energy companies. Just bought our own place and letter through from Eon saying estimated annual price of £2,855. However, they recommend we set up a direct debit for £386 per month. Not sure on the maths myself…
Worth saying that they usually over estimate (always have done in my experience) so their recommended DD is even further out

robbiekeane

Hotels now don’t provide toothpaste unless you ask. Do you provide shampoo conditioner body wash and body lotion but no toothpaste…unless I ask. Fuck ofc

ccfctommy

Scraping the inside of my car each morning, only for it to turn out a balmy nine degrees in the day.

Car looks like santas grotto

skyblue1991

People that call you out of the blue on Teams without messaging you first.

Just because I'm on green doesn't mean I am immediately available for a call!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

This. It’s the equivalent to walking up to someone in the office standing in front of their monitor and starting to talk to them.

And 90% of the time there’s no need for the call anyway. Learn to communicate asynchronously people!

ccfctommy

Also, i'm now in an office now with other people. I cannot talk to you on teams spontaneously. Just call my extension!

vow

This. It’s the equivalent to walking up to someone in the office standing in front of their monitor and starting to talk to them.

And 90% of the time there’s no need for the call anyway. Learn to communicate asynchronously people!
people that use the word in bold (coz I had to google it).

fernandopartridge

It isn't really, it's more like phoning somebody's house but knowing they are at least home.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I'm not sure i 100% agree with you on this one, but everyone has their different ways of working, i suppose.
The whole idea of Teams, etc., is to enable more flexible working amongst colleagues who are scattered to the winds, but it depends also on how people like to work. Personally, i'm happiest getting my thoughts down "on paper" and sending emails, but my boss will always call me on Teams for a quick chat. Often, it is quickest to get resolution on something from a 2 minute chat - but people do need to respect your boundaries.
If i want to talk to a member of the team, i'll drop them a note in Teams to say "Got 5?" or "Free?", then i would hope that they would either call me or say "Yep" and i'll call them.
There are different status indicators on Teams which allow you to be "Focussing" or "Do not disturb", and that will block certain callers, but if you are green, it's open season , subject to being polite!

LastGarrison

The fact that I am now at an age where my eyebrows are growing out of control.

Not sure I can bring myself to visit one of these brow salon things though. 😳

chiefdave

Also, i'm now in an office now with other people. I cannot talk to you on teams spontaneously. Just call my extension!
I'm back in the office after several years working from home and I'm finding it astonishing how little work is done and how much time is spent fucking around and talking everything over. And even if you don't want to get involved you are dragged into it anyway. My productivity has dropped through the floor

Users who are viewing this thread