This is not nostalgia but… (1 Viewer)

fatso

I honestly think if Jodi Jones continues the way he has this season for Notts we should be taking a serious serious look at bringing him back in the summer.

We were absolutely right to offload him, coming back from his injuries he was below the level but his numbers this year are insane.

Plenty of players shine in L2 and make successful jumps to the champ. We need cover on the wings and he can play on either.

I am usually the first to absolutely rain down when fans suggest bringing a former player back, but I genuinely think this is different and I think he’ll feel he has unfinished business too.

More of this filth from last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't we just spent 4 million on a winger?

Sure Jones is looking good in league 2, but it's only a matter of time until his plastic knees go again.

better days

He’s a league one/two standard player and a good one
I guess he's just happy to be playing after what he's been through
Clubs will be wary of signing him because of his injury record so probably his best option is to stay with Notts and hope they continue to progress
A few of our L2 players did that here and look where we are now. It's easy to forget how bad things were here before Robins came in
Notts are a decent club with a good fan base and appear to now have good owners

skybluecam

It’s a non starter anyway, he’s under contract and they’d want £1m+ for him. He’s also 26 with two ACL tears.

I did make a comment a while ago saying we should bring him back but I thought people would see through it as the joke it was!

lacesoutdom

id love watching him do Jodi Jones things in L2, but hes not a champ/prem player

theres numerous players that are class in the lower leagues, and very few make it to the top (Vardy etc)

pusbccfc

That cross at Huddersfield a few years back was a treat

Calista

Jodi is a proper talented player, two-footed and intelligent, and I certainly thought he had potential to play a couple of levels above in his early days with us. His progress was ruined by those horrible injuries, but he's clearly delivering again now. IMO the only question marks over his ability to play in the Championship would be around fitness/speed/strength/mobility, and I'm not sure how anyone on here (including me) can be certain about those things. Given the lengthy spells out of the game, he might not yet have reached full potential.

Ccfcisparks

He owes it himself to be at a place where he’s gonna be main man and not a bit part, and we owe it to him to not take the piss and buy him to play him once in 3

andy86

Jones is doing well after being badly treated by Robinson at Oxford
Notts fans love him and Jones seems to be at home there - he recently praised both Cov and Notts as places he feels appreciated
I suspect Jones will be offered a new deal there shortly
Notts seem to he be on an upward curve after years of poor ownership
A bit like us a few years ago
Did Robinson just never take to him, or was there a falling out?

Oxford fans seemed confused by his lack of minutes.

better days

Did Robinson just never take to him, or was there a falling out?

Oxford fans seemed confused by his lack of minutes.
Robinson targets individual players to keep the rest in line
He did it to Dan Agyei, another of our former loanees
Jones and Robinson share the same agent
There was a suggestion that he targeted Jones after a minor fallout with the agent
Jones got out on loan as quickly as he could
Robinson is a notorious piss head and bully

covcity4life

Robinson targets individual players to keep the rest in line
He did it to Dan Agyei, another of our former loanees
Jones and Robinson share the same agent
There was a suggestion that he targeted Jones after a minor fallout with the agent
Jones got out on loan as quickly as he could
Robinson is a notorious piss head and bully
Pisshead and a bully? Does he post on here?.....

SlowerThanPlatt

He's got 20 assists and 5 goals in 28 games. When you look at the fact we carried players from League 2 to the Championship, it's likely he'd have no real problem in League 1.
20 assists from 8.5 xA, mental! I hope he manages to get a good move out of it as it’s unsustainable in the long run.

@Frostie, have you seen an over performance like it?

Frostie

20 assists from 8.5 xA, mental! I hope he manages to get a good move out of it as it’s unsustainable in the long run.

@Frostie, have you seen an over performance like it?
Off the top of head no, not to that extent with such large numbers. Ollie Watkins has 10 assists from 3.2 xA this season though.

xA has become way more complex nowadays, used to simply be the xG of a shot assigned to the passer but that's obviously way too basic & flawed so a pass doesn't even need to result in a shot now to be credited with xA.

Delighted for Jodi, he's absolutely tearing it up with Notts now. Although it's doubtful he'll be knocking on the door of Leeds again soon, he's carving out a tremendous career for himself again which takes some real mental strength as much as physical after what he's been through.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Although not calling for him to come back, if he'd still be our player this season it'd have made a massive difference with Sakamoto's injury

shmmeee

Would be a terrible move for him. Needs to be first choice wherever he goes now really.

Mucca Mad Boys

He's worth keeping an eye on. Could be used as squad player on wings

I hope he can get county promoted and move up a level regardless.

Atm, our options out wide for next season is Sakamoto, EMC and Wright. Really, having JJ as a filler is a waste of a signing.

Happy for JJ to get his career back on track, but top L2 performers are not guaranteed to make the step up to Championship.

shmmeee

Atm, our options out wide for next season is Sakamoto, EMC and Wright. Really, having JJ as a filler is a waste of a signing.

Happy for JJ to get his career back on track, but top L2 performers are not guaranteed to make the step up to Championship.

Someone saying in the other thread he’s off to Swansea so we might find iut

rob9872

May not be good enough but he’s miles better than Tavares- there’s a proper L2 player!!
Based on what? He's not had a run in the side because our expensive front two are performing. In the recent cameo appearances he's looked pretty decent, arguably our best player Saturday although that wasn't difficult.

Alkhen

Jones is doing well after being badly treated by Robinson at Oxford
Notts fans love him and Jones seems to be at home there - he recently praised both Cov and Notts as places he feels appreciated
I suspect Jones will be offered a new deal there shortly
Notts seem to he be on an upward curve after years of poor ownership
A bit like us a few years ago

The lad needs to play, Notts has been great for him. I think he could definitely do a job at our level but it's a huge jump in standard. Could be a bit of an error going to a Championship team as he'd likely be a squad player. Staying where he is the main man or moving up 1 league and building on his form and people will notice. No rush

Bertola

Great to see him doing well, and if County don't go up, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on, but if he came here, it would be a waste for him. He's probably be 4th choice winger, and he needs to be playing regularly.... One club that could have an opening for him, would be Pboro once EMC comes here

Hobo

I am pleased he is doing so well and getting regular game time will have helped his cause.
But there is a big difference ripping it up in League 2 compared to the levels required in the Championship.

Danceswithhorses

Great to see him doing well, and if County don't go up, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on, but if he came here, it would be a waste for him. He's probably be 4th choice winger, and he needs to be playing regularly.... One club that could have an opening for him, would be Pboro once EMC comes here
Was thinking p'boro too...a very attacking team would suit him, and his numbers would probably be just as impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread