Tim Fisher on CWR again between now and 7 pm (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Just heard Fishook is on CWR again.. PLEASE ask him some more difficult questions this time ? Make him wriggle and squirm !
Phil Upton show

inside track

Why are you not asking the hard questions?
<br />
<br />
That's exactly what my boyfriend says when he hears people complain that Fisher, or anyone else, is not being asked the right questions - why don't the people who say that phone in themselves and ask the questions they think should be asked?

ajsccfc

I think people have got the wrong end of the stick here. He's actually on to play three hours of his finest quiet storm soul and acid jazz collection.

DazzleTommyDazzle

<br />
<br />
That's exactly what my boyfriend says when he hears people complain that Fisher, or anyone else, is not being asked the right questions - why don't the people who say that phone in themselves and ask the questions they think should be asked?

Odd, I'd thought I'd read that your boyfriend was a journalist.

If that had been correct, I'd have thought he'd be much more interested in the "right questions" being asked - and if they weren't being asked, I'd have thought he'd have been interested in why not.

Colin1883

<br />
<br />

I presume it's because they are not able to... Although it's bank holiday lots of ppl are in work etc etc

TheRoyalScam

Sounds like he's not actually on live, just a rerun of what was said over the weekend....

Beat me to it Jas - it's just a rerun - they will however be interviewing Kevin Hefferman of the JH Statue Committee for his views after 5 o'clock.

wingy

People may be Disappointed ,i think its just a regurge from this Morning ,however Major Kevin will be on.:p :claping hands:

inside track

Odd, I'd thought I'd read that your boyfriend was a journalist.

If that had been correct, I'd have thought he'd be much more interested in the "right questions" being asked - and if they weren't being asked, I'd have thought he'd have been interested in why not.

What??? That is the most convoluted piece of inarticulate logic I have ever read.

inside track

I suppose that's one way of avoiding the issue.....

What issue? You have a very odd attitude Tommy, but let's not fall out. Instead, as you are a man, I will try and explain what I said very carefully once again so you understand.

My boyfriend's point is that most of these radio shows are phone-in's (you understand what a phone-in is do you, Tommy?). The radio station can only put on the air those people who phone in. OK? If there is something you think should be said or asked, why not phone in and say or ask it, instead of complaining about it.

That has nothing to do with my boyfriend's ability to do his job or that of his colleagues. And, by the way, I can tell you that on the radio station and at the newspaper they regularly analyse what they do and whether it could be done better or differently. I know, I get the aftermath!

valiant15

What issue? You have a very odd attitude Tommy, but let's not fall out. Instead, as you are a man, I will try and explain what I said very carefully once again so you understand.

My boyfriend's point is that most of these radio shows are phone-in's (you understand what a phone-in is do you, Tommy?). The radio station can only put on the air those people who phone in. OK? If there is something you think should be said or asked, why not phone in and say or ask it, instead of complaining about it.

That has nothing to do with my boyfriend's ability to do his job or that of his colleagues. And, by the way, I can tell you that on the radio station and at the newspaper they regularly analyse what they do and whether it could be done better or differently. I know, I get the aftermath!
Im surprised you've got a fella.

ccfc92

thats quite sexist? "as you are a man"

imagine if someone said something similar to a female poster

SkyBlueUkeman

To that fan who is 'Pro-Sisu'

If you believe that SISU have put £50million into the club, you're a fucking gullible bastard.

wingy

i'd say the Newspaper has finally acted on its evaluation ,now for the Radio station.

Thats so sexist comment!!! Time of month is it!!!!

DazzleTommyDazzle

Thank you for explaining so carefully.

I'll try to return the compliment and I'll also try to avoid being too inarticulate :)

Now, I think I've just about got the hang of the phone-in principle, but sadly it doesn't really apply here.

This whole issue arose because TF was interviewed by SL on his Saturday afternoon programme. This wasn't a phone-in.

Sadly I'm out of the area for CWR, so I missed the programme, however a number of those who listened were upset by the fact that SL did not ask a number of very obvious questions e.g. if "Ltd" had £10.3m turnover in accounts that were signed off as recently as June last year, when exactly did it become "non-trading"? etc etc etc

Now given that the future of the club is a pretty serious issue for many of us, one might have hoped that a representative of the local media would have taken the opportunity to be a little more probing.

If TF were prepared to go on a phone-in program and take questions from all and sundry, then your boyfriend's point would become relevant if nobody then bothered to ring in to ask those questions.

To quote you - "OK?"

SkyBlue_Bear83

You are a liar...everyone knows women don't exist on the internet

Nonleagueherewecome

They can also choose to not air those calls.

I'd stop with the "my boyfriend" comments, btw. It makes it sound like you are somebody else's mouthpiece.

inside track

Thank you for explaining so carefully.

I'll try to return the compliment and I'll also try to avoid being too inarticulate :)

Now, I think I've just about got the hang of the phone-in principle, but sadly it doesn't really apply here.

This whole issue arose because TF was interviewed by SL on his Saturday afternoon programme. This wasn't a phone-in.

Sadly I'm out of the area for CWR, so I missed the programme, however a number of those who listened were upset by the fact that SL did not ask a number of very obvious questions e.g. if "Ltd" had £10.3m turnover in accounts that were signed off as recently as June last year, when exactly did it become "non-trading"? etc etc etc

Now given that the future of the club is a pretty serious issue for many of us, one might have hoped that a representative of the local media would have taken the opportunity to be a little more probing.

If TF were prepared to go on a phone-in program and take questions from all and sundry, then your boyfriend's point would become relevant if nobody then bothered to ring in to ask those questions.

To quote you - "OK?"

You obviously didn't hear the programme and, I will admit, neither did I at the time but I have listened back to it since and several times SL invites people to call or text and while TF was on a caller was put on to talk to him and was allowed to debate with TF for the most part uninterrupted. In fact I have rarely, if ever, heard a BBC CWR programme that does not take calls.

Users who are viewing this thread