Tim Fisher on CWR again between now and 7 pm (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

I am only a ''mouthpiece' when it suits me! And you can read what you want into that big boy!

Sounds a bit rude...

quinn1971

You obviously didn't hear the programme and, I will admit, neither did I at the time but I have listened back to it since and several times SL invites people to call or text and while TF was on a caller was put on to talk to him and was allowed to debate with TF for the most part uninterrupted. In fact I have rarely, if ever, heard a BBC CWR programme that does not take calls.

I listened to all of it and was suprised that only one caller was put through " bob from Allesley you do get asked what you want to talk about. ( I guess they dont want a repeat of the famous " matt bianco bunch of wankers " so the the fact that with all thats going on they put through a caller who wanted to talk about yeovil being in a higher league than us and the fence at the training ground ( no offence meant , bob from allesley.) Was a bit suprising. Actually probably wasn't that suprising as linnel was hosting it

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining so carefully.

I'll try to return the compliment and I'll also try to avoid being too inarticulate :)

Now, I think I've just about got the hang of the phone-in principle, but sadly it doesn't really apply here.

This whole issue arose because TF was interviewed by SL on his Saturday afternoon programme. This wasn't a phone-in.

Sadly I'm out of the area for CWR, so I missed the programme, however a number of those who listened were upset by the fact that SL did not ask a number of very obvious questions e.g. if "Ltd" had £10.3m turnover in accounts that were signed off as recently as June last year, when exactly did it become "non-trading"? etc etc etc

Now given that the future of the club is a pretty serious issue for many of us, one might have hoped that a representative of the local media would have taken the opportunity to be a little more probing.

If TF were prepared to go on a phone-in program and take questions from all and sundry, then your boyfriend's point would become relevant if nobody then bothered to ring in to ask those questions.

To quote you - "OK?"

It was a phone in.

Noggin

It was a phone in.

it was a phone in, they took 1 caller who spent the entire time complaining about the product on the pitch and the fact the crowds had droped, while im sure alot agreed with what he said it certainly wasnt the questions we need asking. In fact it took so long and let fisher off the hook so much the cynic in me is suspicious.

When only 1 person got to ask a question it makes Insidetracks boyfriends point pretty invalid.

RPHunt

That's exactly what my boyfriend says when he hears people complain that Fisher, or anyone else, is not being asked the right questions - why don't the people who say that phone in themselves and ask the questions they think should be asked?

How old is your boyfriend?

cloughie

What issue? You have a very odd attitude Tommy, but let's not fall out. Instead, as you are a man, I will try and explain what I said very carefully once again so you understand.

My boyfriend's point is that most of these radio shows are phone-in's (you understand what a phone-in is do you, Tommy?). The radio station can only put on the air those people who phone in. OK? If there is something you think should be said or asked, why not phone in and say or ask it, instead of complaining about it.

That has nothing to do with my boyfriend's ability to do his job or that of his colleagues. And, by the way, I can tell you that on the radio station and at the newspaper they regularly analyse what they do and whether it could be done better or differently. I know, I get the aftermath!

Yep thats right thats why they vet you first with asking what you are going to ask and thenyou may not get on

Also they don't read out any awkward text questions

I have have tested it with the easy answer questions and the hard questions ....only seem to ask the easy ones

So rubbish thats what 'he' tells you

cloughie

Also a bit like timmy boys last interveiw on saturday only 1 person was allowed on for ages as he was easy meat and a a poor questioner

I listened to all of it and was suprised that only one caller was put through " bob from Allesley you do get asked what you want to talk about. ( I guess they dont want a repeat of the famous " matt bianco bunch of wankers " so the the fact that with all thats going on they put through a caller who wanted to talk about yeovil being in a higher league than us and the fence at the training ground ( no offence meant , bob from allesley.) Was a bit suprising. Actually probably wasn't that suprising as linnel was hosting it

No reason why you cant give them a bit of spin and then ask the questions you really want answering once live though!

RogerH

I think we should keep TF in proportion here. He is an employee of a SISU controlled company. Despite all his talk, it will not be TF who makes the key decisions over the next couple of weeks. The main players are the owners (not employees) of SISU, the Administrator, the two bidders, and the Football League. The position of ACL, Higgs and the Council is clear. They have spoken to (may even have provisional agreements) with the two bidders, but they will not deal with SISU.
If either of the bidders buys CCFC Ltd, gets the Golden Share, and can demonstrate they have an agreement to continue playing in Coventry (which SISU do not have) that should give them a great chance to get the green light to formally take control of the Club. (That's the theory anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread