To those who are staying away (1 Viewer)

Cranfield Sky Blue

You are all entitled to do what ever you like! I have been a CCFC supporter for nearly 50 years now. I don't pretend I haven't seen good times coz I have. I am lucky enough to be that old! But the last few years have been very trying for me. I live 50 odd miles away but drive up for most games, catch a train for a few and stay at my mates for midweek matches with beer. And overall, the football, atmosphere and general demeanour of my club has been shit. Really shit.

However, this season has been something special. Players playing. Supporters supporting. And something resembling a football team. Yes there are too many loan players. Yes we are still in League One. As a lone voice, just go and have a look. Take a mate as well. Tickets are cheaper than they been for a long while and you may just enjoy it!

And yes, I keep watching the highlights from yesterday! Great fun!

PUSB

higgs

Well said be nice to get some momentum and some more fans back together we can make a difference fingers crossed that we are celebrating come the summer

Kingokings204

Well said.

It's time to gather the momentum. We really have a good chance this season and with some of the players we have we actually play good football with it.

matesx

i just couldnt turn my back on City

It would kill me to miss this. Yesterday was fucking awesome.

lifeskyblue

Like you Cranfield I have seen good and bad times in my 50 odd years of supporting the sky blues. But I can honestly say the buzz around the ground after yesterday's game I have only experienced on very few occasions. We saw a team outplayed for 45mins come back with energy, skill, guile and passion. They played for each other, for the shirt and for the fans. The fans responded and the other excitement was unbelievable. I feel sorry for those who no longer feel their Saturday afternoon needs a sky blue fix...I must admit the last few years were enough to try anyone's loyalty....but honestly you are missing what turned you onto football in the first time. Seriously going up to the Ricoh this season I feel all the excitement and butterflies I did when my dad first took me up Highfield road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluelee

The scenes inside the stadium when the 3rd went in were special. It makes so much difference having the fans closer together.

I fucking love this season.

letsallsingtogether

Need to spread the message to our families, colleagues and in the streets. Most on here go

I keep trying until yesterday it usually backfired on me.
I tell them come and watch us you'll be shocked, they normally are on how bad we would play.

However yesterday I took my mate and he moaned about a few players and how shit the first half was.........

Thank god for the second half........ he is going again on Tuesday now:)

Last edited:

Houdi

You are all entitled to do what ever you like! I have been a CCFC supporter for nearly 50 years now. I don't pretend I haven't seen good times coz I have. I am lucky enough to be that old! But the last few years have been very trying for me. I live 50 odd miles away but drive up for most games, catch a train for a few and stay at my mates for midweek matches with beer. And overall, the football, atmosphere and general demeanour of my club has been shit. Really shit.

However, this season has been something special. Players playing. Supporters supporting. And something resembling a football team. Yes there are too many loan players. Yes we are still in League One. As a lone voice, just go and have a look. Take a mate as well. Tickets are cheaper than they been for a long while and you may just enjoy it!

And yes, I keep watching the highlights from yesterday! Great fun
PUSB

Agree with all that,although the first half yesterday was like what we have seemingly endured for years. But the 2nd half more than made up for that, a vibrant attacking display, with just a fantastic finish. Even the goalless draw at home was far more exciting than most home games last season. This season home games have been something to look forward too.
The last few years a home game against Barnsley on a November midweek night, was something to be endured like a visit to the dentist, now its akin to a visit to a Swedish brothel, ;) allegedly.

SlowerThanPlatt

Someone who goes to matches and sticks with his club through thick and thin.

So Wolves have 4,000 real fans?

Don't know about you but I'd say the 16-20,000 who attended games between 2007-2012 where the highest we finished was 17th in the Championship for them 5 years would be classed as loyal.

So, your saying the extra 5-8,000 who turned up in the Championship were only there for the glory of finishing 17th every season and narrowly avoiding relegation?

Sorry that's a ridiculous claim.

bringbackrattles

So Wolves have 4,000 real fans?

Don't know about you but I'd say the 16-20,000 who attended games between 2007-2012 where the highest we finished was 17th in the Championship for them 5 years would be classed as loyal.

So, your saying the extra 5-8,000 who turned up in the Championship were only there for the glory of finishing 17th every season and narrowly avoiding relegation?

Sorry that's a ridiculous claim.
You asked the question what's a real fan ? To me it's someone who supports his team,that's my definition as simple as that. I'm sorry but if we did get into the play offs and many just decided to turn up to enjoy the possibility of promotion,then they to me are not real Coventry City fans.

Anthony_Kav

Let's put some light back into this thread.

Can I just say thank you to Cranfield & Lifeskyblue for your support over the past 50 years!! Unfortunately, I haven't seen the 'good times'. I'm 19 now and I've been a city supporter since I was born; been to most games in that time, even if my earliest memory was in 1999.

Well, yesterdays game put a smile on my face. In fact, I'm still smiling now writing this post. To actually believe we might get some luck on our side that we've been missing for the past 15 years and have a chance of promotion. To see everyone filled with euphoria around me, my mates, the disabled, singers corner, the posh people... Even some stewards!! We are all as one, the fans, the sky blue army.

The first half wasn't so great. But that doesn't matter, because the pride and passion shown in the last 40 mins just done it for me.

I guess that's life being a Coventry fan. We have our ups and downs, but that's what makes us so great. We stand by the team, thick and thin. We'll find where we stand in May. But until then, come on city & LET'S ALL SING TOGETHER, PLAY UP SKY BLUES!

Evo1883

No point pining after the stayaways anymore .
Lets just move forward and try rebuild the fanbase .
Again though i think the people that go regular these days are a pretty hardcore bunch , that deserve every ounce of success that hopefully this season will bring PUSB

Bennosdancingfeet

To the cock saying this real fan bullshit.
I've not posted on here for 2 years but felt I had to put you straight.

Firstly, the more successful any team are the more fans they gain. This is how small clubs keep improving, if city keep improving, it's obvious more people will go. To say you don't want them there makes you sound like a spoilt kid who won't share his toys.

I've followed city for 35 years, ST holder for 27 of them but have only been twice this season. So obviously I'm not a real fan according to you.

I've witnessed the good times and the bad, travelled to most English grounds, still not bad for a non real fan.

If we are to reach the playoffs or fight for automatic promotion do I want the ground full? Yes I fecking well do,be it someone's 1st game or 100th.

Your real fan bollocks has forced me to post on here as you sir are a complete dick

percy

calm down guys we can all enjoy this together cant we, the more the merrier for me, and TM.

Bennosdancingfeet

Well Percy, it's idiots like him who keep fans ( if that's what they are) away.

The real fans bullshit quote has shown its ugly head again.

Can I ask the person how long you have followed the team?

percy

success is supposed to bring people together but sadly with us it unfortunately seems to be having the opposite effect

ajsccfc

Anyone who pays money to see Coventry City regardless of how often they do it is a 'real' fan. Also, those that don't. Basically anyone who follows a team they're not being forced to and clearly have had no recent historical reason to can call themselves a fan.

Fucking hell, let's not start excluding people when it's the first time in years we're looking like an attractive prospect.

Bennosdancingfeet

I know, a crying shame that regulars who have endured s few years of shit feel bitter towards old school should they want to return.

I really don't get that.

I took a bloke with me Saturday who's not been up since the Coleman era, his words on the way home " are we just going to pay on the gate again Tuesday"

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

To the cock saying this real fan bullshit.
I've not posted on here for 2 years but felt I had to put you straight.

Firstly, the more successful any team are the more fans they gain. This is how small clubs keep improving, if city keep improving, it's obvious more people will go. To say you don't want them there makes you sound like a spoilt kid who won't share his toys.

I've followed city for 35 years, ST holder for 27 of them but have only been twice this season. So obviously I'm not a real fan according to you.

I've witnessed the good times and the bad, travelled to most English grounds, still not bad for a non real fan.

If we are to reach the playoffs or fight for automatic promotion do I want the ground full? Yes I fecking well do,be it someone's 1st game or 100th.

Your real fan bollocks has forced me to post on here as you sir are a complete dick
You haven't posted for two years and you come and slag me off. I don't claim to be some super fan I was writing about what makes a real fan and that's it. I've got my definition and it obviously isn't yours but don't come on giving it you're a dick shit.

SlowerThanPlatt

15 years of complete shit (thats being kind) on and off the pitch is not going to be reversed in 13 games. People shouldn't be criticised for how they choose to support City. Rather than getting on peoples backs we should be encouraging them to come again. It'll take a lot of this season and maybe next to really buy into it. Some like myself and others on here can see the massive difference already. My dad for one has started taking more notice again.

Bennosdancingfeet

Yes, justified too. How can you call people real fans? You have stated that you'll be pissed off if we do well and have a full house, why? I find it a little insane you would rather people stayed away

ccfc1234

Dont want a pat on the back but I travel 50 miles each way each game and some aways. Right now its worth every penny and the fans not attending are missing out on the best football in a decade.

I bring my non ccfc supporting mates people on here try and bring people if you can results like saturday get people coming back.

SlowerThanPlatt

You haven't posted for two years and you come and slag me off. I don't claim to be some super fan I was writing about what makes a real fan and that's it. I've got my definition and it obviously isn't yours but don't come on giving it you're a dick shit.
So the extra 5-8,000 in the Championship were just gloryhunters all along who decided to spend large amounts of money on a team who just avoided relegation most years? I knew it all along. There's only so much shit people can take before voting with their feet. The highest we've finished for 8 years is 15th ffs! And obviously very little top 6, top 10 or even top half action either. Personally I think City will maintain it but how many times have we seen this before, a great opening 10+ games but still nearly getting relegated. It will take a few more months for the 'typical City', 'seen it all before' supporters to believe. You can't blame people for not believing yet but I think Saturday was a huge step.

Astute

So let me get this right.

A real fan isn't someone who can't afford to go to many games.

A real fan isn't someone who lives a long way from Coventry and can't get to many games.

A real fan isn't someone who does shift work that gets in the way of going to games.

A real fan isn't someone who has other commitments that stops them from going to most games.

Thanks for letting me know that I am not a real fan. I have been going to games since the early 80's. My youngest lad has the initials CCFC. Sometimes I travel 6 hours or more each way to games. But shift work and other commitments stop me from going to every game.

Do you go to every game home and away? If not then under your rules there are better fans/supporters than yourself. But the way I see it is if someone goes to games whenever they can they are a fan/supporter.

One more thing BBR. Under your rules I am not a fan/supporter. Do you even do pre season like some hardcore supporters of ours? If you do why didn't I see you in Italy last season?

Was it too expensive?

Was it too far to travel?

Did work get in the way?

Did you have other commitments?

I am not having a go here. It just pisses me off to find out that I am not a real supporter just because somebody says so. I pass places on my way to Coventry that many say is a long way to go for an away day. My journey to Coventry takes about the same time as someone from Coventry going to Carlisle each game. I am not the most dedicated supporter of CCFC. But I like to think that I am a CCFC supporter.

Users who are viewing this thread