Toys from your Childhood (2 Viewers)

Malaka

Wouldn't this have been in the days when we had conductors and the old "back-loader" buses? You could leap off the platform when it slowed down for a corner! Got a few scraped knees doing that!
My mate used to do that on our school special, until a lad put the piece of leather that they used to put across the bus when it was full into his blazer pocket. I will never forget his face when he stopped in mid air and was then dragged down the road. Broke his arm and his his blazer was ripped off his back. Hilarious!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
This will probably pre-date what most of you guys remember ... but back when I was little, Westerns were the big thing on TV (The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger, Boots and Saddles etc.) and every kid wanted a cap gun. You could buy rolls of 'caps' which you loaded into the gun and each time you pulled the trigger a hammer would come down on the next cap in line and make a bang and you could smell the gunpowder. I managed to find a machine gun (in the toy department of the Co-op on Corporation Street). With it, you could pull down the trigger and it would fire repeatedly until the whole roll of caps was fired. It was a fantastic toy, but the firing mechanism only lasted a short time before it broke. Back in those days, every toy was Made in Britain.
I used to buy loads of these............ 14523063_589280247930361_2732265054988296993_n.jpg

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ahh Caps.....they were ace!
Great for a practical joke or 2.....I once coiled a whole roll of them around my Ma's grill element.....

...hilarious....for about 10 seconds until she cornered me wielding her slipper.......fair enough looking back.

I actually repeated the joke years later on my housemates at Poly...Although this time, I used a roll of magnesium ribbon "liberated" from the chemistry dept......

....nearly fucking blinded my mate Stu & it killed the cooker.

Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread