Transfer Shouts (11 Viewers)

Frostie

Will never forget how bad Jobello was, particularly away at Oxford. Think we’ve got enough cover for disappointment.

Think there's a lot of revisionism & unfair criticism about Jobello tbh. He's often lumped in as a poor signing but he only played 10 League One games, starting them all & we went undefeated in them too.

Before the horrendous injury he was pretty decent but just never could get back to that level, particularly with the change in system we adopted.

Terry_dactyl

Think there's a lot of revisionism & unfair criticism about Jobello tbh. He's often lumped in as a poor signing but he only played 10 League One games, starting them all & we went undefeated in them too.

Before the horrendous injury he was pretty decent but just never could get back to that level, particularly with the change in system we adopted.
Prior to his injury I only saw him in that first game vs Southend. He looked ponderous - couldn’t beat his man, don’t remember him putting any crosses.

Im right in thinking he came on as a sub vs someone post injury and looked worse?

Maybe others who saw more of him might have a different opinion.

lord_garrincha

Prior to his injury I only saw him in that first game vs Southend. He looked ponderous - couldn’t beat his man, don’t remember him putting any crosses.

Im right in thinking he came on as a sub vs someone post injury and looked worse?

He was at L1 level. Could beat a man and put a ball in. We were playing 433 at the time and he was starting to track back & work hard from the right of a front 3 until his injury.

fernandopartridge

From what I remember he did like to try and run past his full back but always seemed to over estimate his own pace, he'd knock the ball past but didn't always have the speed to actually get to the ball first. Like Frostie says though, he was fine in that first spell of games.

Frostie

From what I remember he did like to try and run past his full back but always seemed to over estimate his own pace, he'd knock the ball past but didn't always have the speed to actually get to the ball first. Like Frostie says though, he was fine in that first spell of games.

Absolutely. He didn't set the world alight but was doing fine & still finding his feet. Scored an important goal too v Blackpool. Very unfortunate really what happened to him but he was never the same after.

SBAndy

Absolutely. He didn't set the world alight but was doing fine & still finding his feet. Scored an important goal too v Blackpool. Very unfortunate really what happened to him but he was never the same after.

And shushed the home fans for some bizarre reason!

Hobo

Jobello always struck me as a player who did just enough not to look really bad, without actually achieving anything for the team.

JimmyHillsbeard

Scored the first of the three disallowed goals at Bolton in the 0-0 draw against their u13s. I didn’t think any of the three were offside at the time.

Happy_Martian

Throwing a name out there. Alex Mighten. Just had his loan with Sheff Wednesday cancelled and he's returned to Forest. Could be a good backup/replacement for CoH

Users who are viewing this thread