Transfer Shouts (11 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Do players still have to be registered by 12.00 Friday to be eligible to play on Saturday, or that another rule gone by the board?

Yes, that’s why the lad we have on loan from Arsenal didn’t feature against Wrexham.

Reactions: vow

JimmyHillsbeard

Yes, that’s why the lad we have on loan from Arsenal didn’t feature against Wrexham.

Unless it’s changed the registration rules for the FA Cup are particularly rigid. You have to be signed ONE WEEK before the first scheduled game in order to be eligible to play for the new club. If we had drawn with Wrexham he wouldn’t have been eligible for the replay either.

JimmyHillsbeard

I really hope we’re not in for Alex Mighten or Josh Windass.

I would have loved Paterson at any time over the past 10 years but his form has been rubbish this season (he didn’t even play well against us in December) and he effectively went on strike at Swansea last January in order to get an improved contract.

junglej13

Was just reading Alan Nixon saying about the amount of teams recalling players from loans that haven't worked out. I wonder with Doyle doing well and Wilson-Esbrand joining whether we might stand a chance of snatching Liam Delap from Stoke. Rory Delap has just left Stoke due a restructure. If Cole Palmer was ever to be loaned out Man City could do far worse than send him here.

Hertsccfc

Was just reading Alan Nixon saying about the amount of teams recalling players from loans that haven't worked out. I wonder with Doyle doing well and Wilson-Esbrand joining whether we might stand a chance of snatching Liam Delap from Stoke. Rory Delap has just left Stoke due a restructure. If Cole Palmer was ever to be loaned out Man City could do far worse than send him here.
Cole Palmer is playing a few first team matches at Man City. Can't see it somehow.

slowpoke

Cole Palmer is playing a few first team matches at Man City. Can't see it somehow.
He played against Chelsea the other day looks a superb player, Man City have a load of great youngsters on their books how they break into the first team on a regular basis god knows, although Foden has I suppose. City have £100 million players (Grealish) on the bench.

Tomh111

He played against Chelsea the other day looks a superb player, Man City have a load of great youngsters on their books how they break into the first team on a regular basis god knows, although Foden has I suppose. City have £100 million players (Grealish) on the bench.
They have started selling them with buy back fees built into the contract, a way of monopolising the young talent for a longer period than would traditionally be possible.

It is both very shrewd by the clubs who do it and very worrying for smaller clubs.

Happy_Martian

Also, as we've now got 2 loanees from Citeh, isn't there a limit on how many any club can loan from one parent club ?

fatso

One of Jamie Paterson or Josh Windass permanent

Jamal Lowe on loan

Wont get a CB Bidwell is being shifted over
Windass is 29 now. He hardly fits our philosophy of buying young hungry players to develop. And we already brought in Palmer as an experienced pro in midfield.

shmmeee

Reckon our final loan will be a striker. Now we’ve got a LWB I can see Bidwell filling in until Fadz is back at the end of Feb.

The more I think about it the less I think we’ll make permanent signings this window unless something pops up. New owner, new recruitment team, massive changes in the summer. Makes sense to give the recruitment team time to find players on whatever the new budget is.

SBAndy

Reckon our final loan will be a striker. Now we’ve got a LWB I can see Bidwell filling in until Fadz is back at the end of Feb.

The more I think about it the less I think we’ll make permanent signings this window unless something pops up. New owner, new recruitment team, massive changes in the summer. Makes sense to give the recruitment team time to find players on whatever the new budget is.

AM rather than striker I reckon/hope.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is unless we find a centre back out there who we could take on a 6 month contract. Sean Morrison is there if we’re desperate and trying to get away with using Bidwell as a makeshift CB.

fernandopartridge

Well that's unless players had previously been identified which seems likely

Happy_Martian

going for a whole Man City back 4

Funny replies to that tweet. Swansea fan says he was shit, 2 Cov fans say he'll be good for us then and a Vik gif :p

Users who are viewing this thread