Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I wouldn’t if this is our answer to back up/depth in attacking midfield which we all moaned about last season, 8 games in 5 years!

As a gamble with no expectation sure
True but i’d rather have him than kasey palmer who has just been bomb squaded at bristol city. Whoever it is i trust robins and adi and trust they will do well for us (hopefully not another bright)

SleepyGinger

Palmer seems like the obvious one. Would of worked with Adi, Surplus to requirements at Brizzle, possibly pay a percentage of his wage.

Alkhen

Even if it is someone like Musonda or Palmer I think they need a chance. I know Musonda has barely played but the potential was supposed to be huge, maybe a more steady environment is what he needs. Palmer has had a rough time recently but had a good career earlier on. I doubt that dinosaur of a manager at Birstol city has helped much with his confidence.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I hope its Musonda as he has heaps of ability and potential and can easily make it at the premier league if he builds himself back up, but it would be just our luck if he tore his ACL

mark82

Even if it is someone like Musonda or Palmer I think they need a chance. I know Musonda has barely played but the potential was supposed to be huge, maybe a more steady environment is what he needs. Palmer has had a rough time recently but had a good career earlier on. I doubt that dinosaur of a manager at Birstol city has helped much with his confidence.

Musonda has spent best part of 4 years out, so would definitely be some risk. First person he thanked in his goodbye message from Chelsea was Adi Viveash, so clearly a decent relationship there (not reading anything into this). If it was him would be one that could either be an inspired signing or go very wrong.

long way home

I would be more than happy with a few of Tino Anjorin, Reis Nelson, Folarin Balogun, John Swift, Keinan Davis as any of these would be 1st team ready. Jack Rudoni would be an interesting pick, bit of a project but may be worth a look...

SlowerThanPlatt

I hope its Musonda as he has heaps of ability and potential and can easily make it at the premier league if he builds himself back up, but it would be just our luck if he tore his ACL

Just having a look at his career now, so little to go on. Interesting his most recent spell of being fit his 18 month loan at Celtic was cut short after 4 months as he couldn’t get into their team. Then the obligatory move to Vitesse…

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

After this season I really hope we've learned our lesson with spending the budget on players with bad appearance records, whether that is down to consistent injuries, attitude problems, or something else.

SlowerThanPlatt

After this season I really hope we've learned our lesson with spending the budget on players with bad appearance records, whether that is down to consistent injuries, attitude problems, or something else.

This is the last time he was fit for a prolonged period so plenty to prove. Vitesse he got injured early on

SlowerThanPlatt

I think you’re really over-estimating this supposed hatred for Andy Turner at the club. He’s been covering games for 15+ years now, it’s pretty naive to suggest that he has zero connections to anyone who works for/has worked for the club in that time. We’re a Championship football club, not Fort Knox, if a couple of posters on a forum are able to get some insider information it’s hardly a ridiculous suggestion that a local journalist might also know a couple of people who know a few things. Mark Robins isn’t the only person in the world who knows the names of some players we might be looking at. I worked in the football industry for a few years, with pretty close ties to a lower league club and I’d always hear information about who they were looking at, it’s really not that secretive.

While we’re here, does anyone know if Alan Poole’s retired or works elsewhere now? His match previews were always entertaining

SeaSeeEffCee

Musonda seems like a pretty decent guess, although he has ‘2 cup appearances and released in the summer’ written all over him with his appearance record. Would hope that we were looking to bring in someone with a bit more pedigree.

Users who are viewing this thread