Transfer Shouts (5 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

If that’s the case then I’d happily take him. Seen enough in that season in league 1 to say he could do it for us in this league as a back up.

As you can see he’s on the bench or just not in the squad

Maybe League 1 is his level?

SleepyGinger

As you can see he’s on the bench or just not in the squad

Maybe League 1 is his level?
The way the rest of the title winning squad have stepped up I don’t see why he can’t. Maybe it’s case of a player suiting a club/manager. He’d be available cheap and think he’d want to come here. I’d take him as cover for Hamer and Sheaf.

Reactions: SBT

SlowerThanPlatt

The way the rest of the title winning squad have stepped up I don’t see why he can’t. Maybe it’s case of a player suiting a club/manager. He’d be available cheap and think he’d want to come here. I’d take him as cover for Hamer and Sheaf.

Yeah, I’ve no doubt he’d want to come here! He needs to go and play games in League 1, maybe somewhere like MK Dons

SeaSeeEffCee

Don’t you have to pay for his Patreon now to the get the rumours? He’s usually pretty spot on though. Only times I can ever remember him tweeting about us were when we signed JCH in League Two and when we signed Sheaf, however.

CovLad94

Don’t you have to pay for his Patreon now to the get the rumours? He’s usually pretty spot on though. Only times I can ever remember him tweeting about us were when we signed JCH in League Two and when we signed Sheaf, however.
Yeah you have to pay to his patreon now, I'm sure once he breaks some news it'll spread like wildfire anyway

junglej13

Have followed him for years. Broke the stories about us signing Rose and Godden. Linked us with one or two we never signed (Antony Evans from Everton on loan I recall and last summer with Christian Walton from Brighton).

stupot07

I loved him in league one, but I completely agree with STP, the fact he has failed to make the step up at 2 clubs in the championship suggests he maybe not quite good enough at this level. It would be a gamble, they may let him go cheap in terms of transfer fee but would be quite expensive in terms of wages. Swansea pay better than we do.

Given hes stagnated for 2 seasons in this league and will be turning 25 in September he needs to drop down a level and play games week in week out. It makes me wonder whether that season with us was his peak, a bit like that 1 season Moussa had with us, then moved and was distinctly average.

We need to be bringing in players that are better than we have now, and that means spending wisely. I would take a wide berth, hamer, sheaf and Allen on last seasons form are all better than Walsh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

If Vik stays it’s probably best we could hope for. 3rd choice for a team who often play 1 up tops is probably a hard sell.

CovLad94

What makes you think this?
Just a guess based on their situation, Plange could do with another loan spell in the championship, still very raw but big potential, and someone like max watters who has fell down the pecking order at Cardiff, although he'd be an underwhelming signing.

skybluereeve

Just a guess based on their situation, Plange could do with another loan spell in the championship, still very raw but big potential, and someone like max watters who has fell down the pecking order at Cardiff, although he'd be an underwhelming signing.
I mentioned plange a while back. Looks ok to be fair.

D

Deleted member 8266

On the other hand Walsh is a Hamer style midfielder and Eccles and Howley look more defensive like Sheaf from what I’ve seen.
Howley can play the defensive ( Sheaf ) role when required but he is an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal… since he was pushed further forward after playing deeper for the 23’s, he has scored 5 goals in 4 games for them. He scores as many goals with his left foot ( like the final against Bristol ) as he does with his right. Could be a good season for him if he can kick on and bridge the 23’s FT gap…

LJN

4 goals all season… wouldn’t be my cup of tea as a transfer as a 3rd choice striker when Godden is always injured for half a season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anyone mentioned Cameron archer at Villa? Fits the bill as he played for preston this year, so has championship experience. Previously been on loan to solihull. Although i’d guess Villa may want a look at him as he did well at preston

eastwoodsdustman

Could you imagine the clamour for him to play when Sheaf misplaces a pass in a game.

Users who are viewing this thread