Transfer Shouts (3 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Think I’ll be topping up on Southampton to get relegated next season if that’s correct…

Saddlebrains

Would people be happy with 7 million? Not sure I would.

Dont see why not

He cant hit a cows arse with a shovel when through on goal, falls over every 5 minutes too.

Dont get me wrong i love the bloke, the press he gives us and the first touch and drive at the defence he has

But stats wise, if anything 7million is more than hes worth

Saddlebrains

I wouldnt be happy as I know Robins would only see a small percentage of it but if he saw like 75% of it I would be relieved as we could reinvest

Say SISU took 2 Million and Gave MR 5 of that, i feel he would do damage with it big time and get us top 6.

Think some forget Cal was a free. 7 million quid profit and hopefully a sell on is fantastic business really

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Say SISU took 2 Million and Gave MR 5 of that, i feel he would do damage with it big time and get us top 6.

Think some forget Cal was a free. 7 million quid profit and hopefully a sell on is fantastic business really
I dont deny that its fantastic business the reason Im wary is who realistically can we sign to replace him that can do the running he does week in week out

mark82

I dont deny that its fantastic business the reason Im wary is who realistically can we sign to replace him that can do the running he does week in week out

Every player is replaceable at this level, although might not get someone with quite the same style. He'd be a huge loss but if we could bring someone in who's more of a goal threat it could improve us. Personally would like a bit more, but that's maybe more a sentimental thing rather than him being worth more.

long way home

MR has very little to gain in selling O hare if he doesnt want to go. And for that sort of money i would not be interested in selling him. We need to strengthen our squad by adding quality to the better players we have. We cant do what the club has done in the past, it catches you out in the end. We need go carry on progressing on and off the field and follow the way the club has been built under MR. If MR has no pressure to sell and the player is happy let it be and add a player that will challenge O hare and push him to be that better player. That will benefit the club going forward not selling now, most can see O hare has room to improve and has the ability and work ethic to get there. If he does then 7 mill would not buy hos right leg, if he doesn't he was signed on a free and we lose nothing. Selling has no positive outcome for me just brings us a weaker squad.

shmmeee

I’d take £7m for O’Hare, love the guy but we could do serious damage in the transfer market with that sort of fee. I could see us bringing in 5/6 quality players to add to the 3/4 we’ve got, really make us a force.

SlowerThanPlatt

Doesn’t look the midfielder is Palmer, Bristol City end saying Cardiff the only club wanted to take him and couldn’t agree personal terms (again, seems unlikely we can offer more than Cardiff)

shmmeee

Doesn’t look the midfielder is Palmer, Bristol City end saying Cardiff the only club wanted to take him and couldn’t agree personal terms (again, seems unlikely we can offer more than Cardiff)

He’s on £23k/wk. Madness.

Yorkshire SB

From a quick glance on Twitter, Southampton have been linked with O’Hare at various points since 2017 when he was at Villa, so could be legs in it.

Not sure we could expect another side to pay much more than £7m, but I think he’s worth more than that to us. If he bagged half the amount of goals he should have, we’d be getting double that.

Skybluedownunder

Played 204 minutes of football last season and is one of their high earners…. No thanks, would rather gamble on Walsh if that was the case who’s actually played for our club and would be much cheaper and would have played similiarish minutes last season… basically fuck all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

I’d take £7m for O’Hare, love the guy but we could do serious damage in the transfer market with that sort of fee. I could see us bringing in 5/6 quality players to add to the 3/4 we’ve got, really make us a force.
Not sure we could do as much damage as you suggest with 7million spread across 5/6 players + wages.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'd be very interested to see how much will be left to reinvest from a sale once operating costs and loans/interest payments are covered.

Don't forget most transfers are paid in instalments as well.

Saddlebrains

Cant see the owners taking more than 2.5 Million and leaving MR with 4.5

its 2.5 million outright profit for them on someone they got for free

KenilworthSkyBlue

Cant see the owners taking more than 2.5 Million and leaving MR with 4.5

its 2.5 million outright profit for them on someone they got for free

A portion, however significant or not, will need to be utilised to cover operating costs as well. So it's very difficult to quantify how much or little Robins will receive.

There's also the EFL loan to consider.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

we dont know the contract we signed with villa! it could be 25% sell on?

Users who are viewing this thread