Transfer targets (29 Viewers)

slowpoke

With the Dragus deal kicked into touch it’s been said we have moved quickly to another target, wondering if that was Wright but doubt it as at 7 million quid this was no knee jerk deal and a different type of player.
So who could this “new” target be ?

TomRad85

With the Dragus deal kicked into touch it’s been said we have moved quickly to another target, wondering if that was Wright but doubt it as at 7 million quid this was no knee jerk deal and a different type of player.
No chance was Wright instead of Dragus. We'll be working on a Dragus alternative now for around 1 - 1.5 million I would think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

Surprised that the Irish haven't identified a distant relative yet
I always think that English born players who suddenly identify as Scotish or Welsh when they hit 21,can't have much confidence in their ability.

Its as if they know they will never be good enough for England, so how can I possibly get a full international cap from somewhere else, even at the expense of a young "native" player.

By the above logic, I now identify as a female centre forward from Luxembourg.

Chris1987

I always think that English born players who suddenly identify as Scotish or Welsh when they hit 21,can't have much confidence in their ability.

Its as if they know they will never be good enough for England, so how can I possibly get a full international cap from somewhere else, even at the expense of a young "native" player.

By the above logic, I now identify as a female centre forward from Luxembourg.
If you can bang in 20 goals a season then fine by me

Terry_dactyl

Born in Gillingham according to Wiki.

Is Gillingham in Scotland now then?
Well, we could have a discussion around who are we to say what nationality Louis Binks identifies as?
Or comment on the artificiality of nation states.
However, by conventional wisdom, Gillingham is not currently in Scotland.

fatso

Well, we could have a discussion around who are we to say what nationality Louis Binks identifies as?
Or comment on the artificiality of nation states.
However, by conventional wisdom, Gillingham is not currently in Scotland.
If he identified as an English woman he could be at the world Cup now!

I'd sooner be an English woman than a Scott anyway!

slowpoke

Not sure now that a striker will be a loan. depends if Godden stays, looks like Robins will upgrade Obikwu and there’s Taveres to come back & we still have the Billy Sharp rumour in the back ground don’t think that has gone away.
Wouldn’t surprise me though a quality centre-back loan comes in though.

Saddlebrains

Other striker as in the two will be Wright + a loan?

Yep Wright and a Loan.

Tavares will be loaned out in Jan when fit, and probably released end of contract as he hasnt developed. Word is Obikwu will be taking Tavares position in the squad.

Also there's still the Godden murmurings that don't seem to go away. If we get Wright in, and the pacey loan MR wants, with them 3 and Obikwu, do we need Godden? I think any bid of above 700k (getting back what we paid for him) will be accepted

slowpoke

If Godden goes we will certainly replace him, as I said the Billy Sharpe rumour hasn’t gone away. Thing with loans especially from Premiership they are likely to have to play and not bench warm unlike Sharpe for twelve months as a bit of insurance.

Ccfcisparks

Yep Wright and a Loan.

Tavares will be loaned out in Jan when fit, and probably released end of contract as he hasnt developed. Word is Obikwu will be taking Tavares position in the squad.

Also there's still the Godden murmurings that don't seem to go away. If we get Wright in, and the pacey loan MR wants, with them 3 and Obikwu, do we need Godden? I think any bid of above 700k (getting back what we paid for him) will be accepted
Personally I would like 4 strikers, but with how many AM we have, and our tendency to like playing the box I could see it happening.

Saddlebrains

If Godden goes we will certainly replace him, as I said the Billy Sharpe rumour hasn’t gone away. Thing with loans especially from Premiership they are likely to have to play and not bench warm unlike Sharpe for twelve months as a bit of insurance.

Im pretty sure it has gone away

No one else other than you mentions it, not even seen any media say it for weeks

Robins wants a pacey prem loan, and Obikwu has shown enough to be 4th choice, if we get the loan he wants on top of Wright Godden will go

Tea & Busquets

I think that Duk from Aberdeen would be a great striker to add in place of Dragus, and if we got rid of Godden down the line I would like us to go for Duk’s current striking partner Miovski. Both done quite well scoring over 30 goals combined in the Scottish league this past season. Another sensible striker that fits the Dragus mold would be Ado Onaiwu from Toulouse in Ligue 1. Similarly to Dragus, we would be paying for what he can do physically/talent wise, rather than what stats he’s put up. Not the most prolific, but still a great player physically that has scored goals, just a question of if Robins can get the best out of him, would also be a nice addition in terms of building a partnership with Tats. A younger player I think we should take a chance on is Steven Shpendi from Cesena in Serie C. While not playing in the greatest league, he’s scored loads and has shown potential to be a top class striker in the future. Albanian international, has a twin brother that’s also quite decent. Lastly if we were to go for a loan, Dan Jebbison from Sheffield United would be my pick. Not sure what kind of better strikers are out there in terms of loaning a prem youngster, but we could fill the gap with Jebbison. Has shown loads of promise but did not have a good championship season and is definitely not ready for the Prem. Was decent in League One and definitely has the talent and physical characteristics to become a top class striker. Would get him on loan + buy option if possible.

Ccfcisparks

I think that Duk from Aberdeen would be a great striker to add in place of Dragus, and if we got rid of Godden down the line I would like us to go for Duk’s current striking partner Miovski. Both done quite well scoring over 30 goals combined in the Scottish league this past season. Another sensible striker that fits the Dragus mold would be Ado Onaiwu from Toulouse in Ligue 1. Similarly to Dragus, we would be paying for what he can do physically/talent wise, rather than what stats he’s put up. Not the most prolific, but still a great player physically that has scored goals, just a question of if Robins can get the best out of him, would also be a nice addition in terms of building a partnership with Tats. A younger player I think we should take a chance on is Steven Shpendi from Cesena in Serie C. While not playing in the greatest league, he’s scored loads and has shown potential to be a top class striker in the future. Albanian international, has a twin brother that’s also quite decent. Lastly if we were to go for a loan, Dan Jebbison from Sheffield United would be my pick. Not sure what kind of better strikers are out there in terms of loaning a prem youngster, but we could fill the gap with Jebbison. Has shown loads of promise but did not have a good championship season and is definitely not ready for the Prem. Was decent in League One and definitely has the talent and physical characteristics to become a top class striker. Would get him on loan + buy option if possible.
Rumours of Duk costing upwards of £5m

Tea & Busquets

Forgot about Van Hooijdonk, he would be a great addition.

Tea & Busquets

Rodrigo Muniz, Troy Parrot, Shane Lavery, Rhian Brewster, Miles Leaburn, Mason Burstow, Tom Cannon, Andi Zeqiri, some other names to add to the bucket.

The Philosopher

Yep Wright and a Loan.

£700k for a 32 year old striker?

Snatch hand straight off.

Tea & Busquets

Godden still has some goals in him imo but I agree that we should look to let him go while he still has some value. Should he leave I think we should look for a Dragus mold to go along with a young raw prem loan up top.

Hertsccfc

Godden still has some goals in him imo but I agree that we should look to let him go while he still has some value. Should he leave I think we should look for a Dragus mold to go along with a young raw prem loan up top.
If we have Simms and Wright surely no Premier League club would loan us a striker as they'd have little opportunity to play?

Ccfcisparks

If we have Simms and Wright surely no Premier League club would loan us a striker as they'd have little opportunity to play?
Guess it depends if they are an out and out striker. If they are a forward who can also play behind the strikers there would be an incentive as they could play in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread