Transfer targets (30 Viewers)

The Philosopher

Strange choice but I wonder how much of a factor as a midfielder being coached by one of the country’s best in the last 20 years
I don’t get it, if you are a loan player with a time span of say 9 months at a club, why up sticks to travel / move to Teeside?

Surely if he lives in Notts he’d prefer to stay local and commute down the M1?

(Unless he still lives near Huddersfield in which case why not Leeds)?

NorthernWisdom

Really? Had to Google Map that out of curiosity

Nottingham (City ground) to Middlesbrough 2hr20

Nottingham to Ryton 1hr

So……

Whatever.
It's about two and a half hours to Middlesbrough from the A46 in Coventry (let's say two hours 50 to be generous). To get to the Nottingham junction from the same place is just over an hour.

Fact.

You live slightly North of that junction it's equidistant to Ryton.

NorthernWisdom

I know this is a Hamer thread redux but... in the club's defence.

Should GIMOC have been correct, Hamer loved the club and was willing to sign a new contract... but this was his play fully expecting the club not to meet the demands but they did, therefore meaning he moved later in the window than he anticipated while the club expected him to stay...

It wouldn't be unreasonable for our planned replacements to have all sorted themselves out at other clubs by now.

The Philosopher

He may live in Huddersfield or he may want to move back to Huddersfield
I thought that, but as I said, why not Leeds
which is much nearer to Huddersfield.

(Unless you are Northern Wisdom in which case you have a different version of Google maps on your phone)

fernandopartridge

I don’t get it, if you are a loan player with a time span of say 9 months at a club, why up sticks to travel / move to Teeside?

I don't think that sort of thing is anywhere near as relevant to a 2 hour a day footballer than it is to somebody working 9-5

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hobo

I know this is a Hamer thread redux but... in the club's defence.

Should GIMOC have been correct, Hamer loved the club and was willing to sign a new contract... but this was his play fully expecting the club not to meet the demands but they did, therefore meaning he moved later in the window than he anticipated while the club expected him to stay...

It wouldn't be unreasonable for our planned replacements to have all sorted themselves out at other clubs by now.

Or them or their club just aren't interested?

AFCCOVENTRY

Just read albeit Alan Nixon that there’s a shortage of players coming from the Premiership to the Champ this season. Some of it is the knock on effect of Saudi buying up Premiership fringe players.

Evo1883

Boro can probably pay more of his wages if we are being honest , and that's probably the deciding factor in all this

Hobo

I'm sure the club or team mates could accommodate him from time to time? Or supply a driver and transport? You are talking pampered people here, they don't even have to remember to take their boots on matchday.

PVA

This is like when some people were saying Coventry to Kent is a longer commute than Coventry to the Netherlands 😅

NorthernWisdom

Who put 10p in you again? FFS

If “madness” is saying that Cov / Ryton is closer to Nottingham than Middlesbrough is then line up…..
It's about two and a half hours to Middlesbrough from the A46 in Coventry (let's say two hours 50 to be generous). To get to the Nottingham junction from the same place is just over an hour.

Fact.

You live slightly North of that junction it's equidistant to Ryton.

Users who are viewing this thread