Transfer targets (17 Viewers)

rexo87

Can anyone remember the name of the lad who played rb for stoke at cbs and scored. He was on loan from Wolves and would be a good shout for us.
Hoever, class player

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

GIMOC

Good grief.

We have 8 weeks to go ….. stop creating false problems. He will go. A deal will get done. King is right to fully test the market before we cut any deal.

what I’m saying is. We could have wasted 2-3 weeks of negotiations and be in the same position we are now and take say 18.5 mill?

I personally think he’ll be gone but it won’t be 20 mill nearer 18 mill as robins will insist on taking 18 if it meant we get players in early.

NorthernWisdom

what I’m saying is. We could have wasted 2-3 weeks of negotiations and be in the same position we are now and take say 18.5 mill?

I personally think he’ll be gone but it won’t be 20 mill nearer 18 mill as robins will insist on taking 18 if it meant we get players in early.
If that was the trade I'd do it. Pointless having cash but no team.

slowpoke

Why is it we are under valuing Gyokeres, he has scored goals in two seasons plus assists, now a Swedish international, if clubs want him or any other player with a similar record they know the market.

Deity

Over 50% of the championship have signed 1 player or less. Our position is very normal.

I’d like Vik sold this week but not if leaving it another 2 weeks gets us another million. That’s huge money for us.

Skyblue_CP

Why is it we are under valuing Gyokeres, he has scored goals in two seasons plus assists, now a Swedish international, if clubs want him or any other player with a similar record they know the market.
We have to take into account his contract situation though surely? 17-18m + sell on of rumoured 35% is fantastic business for a player that has 1 year left on his contract. If we’re pushing teams away that have offered that, the 20m bid may never come, teams will save themselves the money and wait until next summer and take him for free. Teams like sporting are not desperate for Coventry City’s striker, they will just look elsewhere.

Grendel

Good grief.

We have 8 weeks to go ….. stop creating false problems. He will go. A deal will get done. King is right to fully test the market before we cut any deal.

King can’t fully test the market if Gyokeres refuses to go anywhere unless it’s where he wants to go and he seems a pretty resilient character

slowpoke

The rumoured Sporting deal if true with its sell on clause looks decent to be fair but it is only a rumour, Vik is still away on his hols let’s see what happens on his return end of the week.

ceetee

It's possible a deal has been agreed but is on hold until Vic is available for a medical. I know he could interrupt his holiday but he might not want to.

Hobo

£3M probably isn’t worth fucking pre season up though.
And risk losing 17m. We can't make him move where he doesn't want to go just because they have offered more. Vik could sit it out until January and demand a move again - then what will his value be with 6 months left on his contract?

Don't fancy putting up with a disgruntled player. I thought he already looked a bit distracted last couple of months of the season.

Hobo

The problem is after this window his value plummets, regardless of how many goals and caps he has. Plus you can't make him go where he doesn't want to go. So the key is Vik and his attitude and mindset.

Deity

The problem is after this window his value plummets, regardless of how many goals and caps he has. Plus you can't make him go where he doesn't want to go. So the key is Vik and his attitude and mindset.
The risk of course sits both sides.

We will lose value and so will Vik and his agent if he has a poor season or gets injured.

It’s therefore in both parties interests to get the deal done.

Gint11

Good grief.

But if we need this money to improve the squad then we need to sell now, not in 8 weeks. If we have enough funds anyway, then yes absolutely agree.

Alkhen

‘apparently’ the rumours of Robins and King having a fallout is over the Vik situation. Robins believes we owe Vik this opportunity and isn’t happy about our stance on 20 mill.

this all started after the cwr interview the other week
Jesus fucking Christ give it a rest, at least try and make your grudges believable 🙄

Samo

The rumoured Sporting deal if true with its sell on clause looks decent to be fair but it is only a rumour, Vik is still away on his hols let’s see what happens on his return end of the week.

Yup, sell to Sporting and move on I say.

Hincha

Wonder if our formation could count against us for another loan.

If Burnley are looking to integrate him in the future they will want to see how he performs in a 4 man defence, which is what Milwall play with.

lordy_87

We havent though have we?

We've got 34 days until we play Leicester

Thats when you want 95% of your business done

Not fucking about until deadline day for 5 players you moron
Not saying we shouldn't have had a couple of players in by now... But can you name any team in this league that has conducted 95% of their business already ?

Users who are viewing this thread