Transfer targets (16 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

yes. he wants a move abroad. He doesn’t want to be a bit part player in the prem.
What I'm saying is what If a prem team guaranteed him similar to Lisbon like a newly promoted side or near relegation last time out.

GIMOC

What I'm saying is what If a prem team guaranteed him similar to Lisbon like a newly promoted side or near relegation last time out.

it’ll be all about guaranteeing first team football and not being a squad player. hence why the 2 main clubs now in for him are foreign.

Gint11

I was concerned this would happen - a long and drawn out saga. Even if we sold him for £17M it’s still a significant mark up on what we bought him for. We need this resolved so MR has the money to get out targets in and gelled.

Personally, I don’t want BNC back. I don’t rate him.

Sell Vik now. (I also like the fact it’s not to a team in our league as well)
Sign Hamer up
Try everything to get McNally back on perm

Go from there!

I know it doesn’t always work this way but with team we have right now, with the fact leicester have just brought in Winks and Coady, I’m not optimistic for the opening day. I hope that changes.

skyblu3sk

it’ll be all about guaranteeing first team football and not being a squad player. hence why the 2 main clubs now in for him are foreign.
That's what I was thinking it doesn't write off the prem totally but does reduce the number of teams significantly. There's obviously more to life than money of course!

GIMOC

That's what I was thinking it doesn't write off the prem totally but does reduce the number of teams significantly. There's obviously more to life than money of course!

exactly that. money is in the prem. Vik signing for sporting wouldn’t be on much more than here.

but

he wants to be the no 1 striker (like here) and also has ambitions to be Sweden no 1 striker too.

skyblu3sk

exactly that. money is in the prem. Vik signing for sporting wouldn’t be on much more than here.

but

he wants to be the no 1 striker (like here) and also has ambitions to be Sweden no 1 striker too.
Fair play to him I hope he makes it but still want a great price to help City get to where we want to go.

GIMOC

Fair play to him I hope he makes it but still want a great price to help City get to where we want to go.

i think we all do. robins included however he was unhappy with how king handled himself with the response to the Vik question on cwr that morning.

the longer this drags the harder it’ll be for us to bring in our targets.

Last edited:

djr8369

I can see why DK would want to hold for an extra couple of million. That’s a huge amount for us especially when there are financial holes to plug. On the other hand it does need to be put to bed and players in this week.

slowpoke

Yeah it's looking likely that most of our new signings will only have been here 2-3 weeks before the season starts, which is hardly ideal when they're going to be making up a good percentage of the squad overall.
ffs! They have all been scattered around the world for weeks sitting in the sun. Probably only back this week.

Deity

I can see why DK would want to hold for an extra couple of million. That’s a huge amount for us especially when there are financial holes to plug. On the other hand it does need to be put to bed and players in this week.
Why ?

Ideally it would be but it’s not essential.

getting the right deal us more important than a quick deal for us.
There is 8 weeks to go until the window closes and thus is no where near a long drawn out saga yet, it might become that, but it isn’t yet.

slowpoke

How do you know?
Bit of common sense, if Vik is moving on Robins will be well aware for ages and plans afoot. Why would he fall out over the fee wether it’s the rumoured 17, 20 or 25mill and who would know if they did, these things are kept in house.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Why ?

There is 8 weeks to go until the window closes and thus is no where near a long drawn out saga yet, it might become that, but it isn’t yet.

It’s abundantly clear that we’re relying on the Gyokeres money to fund the rebuild. If we wait 8 weeks to get it done, we’ll be feeding off scraps/overpaying/missed our targets and that’s even if someone does then stump up the extra few million. A good deal is a sensible deal, that doesn’t hamper our potential signings and preseason. I hope & expect it to be done in the next week/2 weeks max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deity

It’s abundantly clear that we’re relying on the Gyokeres money to fund the rebuild. If we wait 8 weeks to get it done, we’ll be feeding off scraps/overpaying/missed our targets and that’s even if someone does then stump up the extra few million. A good deal is a sensible deal, that doesn’t hamper our potential signings and preseason. I hope & expect it to be done in the next week/2 weeks max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with that . But everyone knows he’s going so this is a cash flow issue not a funding issue .

shmmeee

I agree with that . But everyone knows he’s going so this is a cash flow issue not a funding issue .

If only we had a multimillionaire who could bridge the gap while they pursue a high risk strategy all their advisors are against… 🧐

Reactions: SBT

slowpoke

Yeah because no other clubs across the leagues have been making signings.
Plus we’re obviously dependent on money coming in to add to the squad.
Again you are talking tripe, some deals have happened but very few, as for needing the Vik money in before we make any moves is just rubbish, transfer fees are structured over time. Do you think Doug King is wandering from club to club with his brief case full of 50 pound notes.

djr8369

Why ?

It would be beneficial for players to train together and gel pre-season. Pretty obvious really.

Yes, that isn’t essential and as I said theres also the issue of maximising what we get as an extra few million is a lot to us.

GIMOC

Again you are talking tripe, some deals have happened but very few, as for needing the Vik money in before we make any moves is just rubbish, transfer fees are structured over time. Do you think Doug King is wandering from club to club with his brief case full of 50 pound notes.

you are way off the mark if you feel we haven’t got a reliance on the Vik deal to bring players in

GIMOC

It would be beneficial for players to train together and gel pre-season. Pretty obvious really.

Yes, that isn’t essential and as I said theres also the issue of maximising what we get as an extra few million is a lot to us.

Bit like the sponsor and box situation. if we price him out and no one matches our valuation.

What happens then?

NortonSkyBlue

i think we all do. robins included however he was unhappy with how king handled himself with the response to the Vik question on cwr that morning.

the longer this drags the harder it’ll be for us to bring in our targets.
But Robins was okay with moving to Birmingham and stayed but is unhappy with the owner stating he wants top dollar for our biggest asset?

GIMOC

But Robins was okay with moving to Birmingham and stayed but is unhappy with the owner stating he wants top dollar for our biggest asset?

Do you think robins was okay with the brum situation?

who said he was leaving? I haven’t. But he’s not happy with how king is dealing with the Vik situation. Doesn’t mean he’s leaving ffs

Gint11

ffs! They have all been scattered around the world for weeks sitting in the sun. Probably only back this week.

So what. Football clubs operate 24/7 regardless. I’m sure MR never really switches off while on holiday.

NortonSkyBlue

Do you think robins was okay with the brum situation?

who said he was leaving? I haven’t. But he’s not happy with how king is dealing with the Vik situation. Doesn’t mean he’s leaving ffs
Who said he is leaving? You are again stirring the pot.

Jamieb87ccfc

I’m sure Robins would prefer the extra 3 Million from any Gyokores Deal. Don’t see him going anywhere.
I think there will be signing lined up this week, the problem with throwing loads of money around is FFP will haunt you as it has with Reading with further clubs being investigated.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

£3M probably isn’t worth fucking pre season up though.
But DK could work on the knowledge that he would get £17m from Lisbon min. and so could bring in some of our targets based on that valuation by bridging the funding. Most fees aren't payable in full up front anyway. Then when we get the first payment for Vik when that goes through he takes his money back.

If we then manage to sell him for an extra amount to Atalanta or whoever, then we can bring another 1 or 2 then.

To not bring in anybody because this saga is dragging on is counter productive and screams of the lack of forward thinking associated with moneymen. Unless he really doesn't have any money at all.

slowpoke

you are way off the mark if you feel we haven’t got a reliance on the Vik deal to bring players in
I haven’t said we won’t use any Vik money to bring players in of course we will or are you saying if Vik decides to stay or there’s no buyer we are stuck with what we have a defence of Boroughs, McFadzeen, Bidwell and Desilva to please 17/18000 season ticket holders.

Gint11

If we asked Vik to stay in January and the year before on the promise we’ll let him go then we should. I’d take £17M. Not sure why it has to be £20M.

£17M is cracking business for him. Loved having him and I’d want him to stay but let’s also realise he is not the finished article and often frustrated me how he needs 5 shots to get a goal. I genuinely believe with the money we could probably get a lesser name striker with a better shot to goal conversion rate.

GIMOC

I haven’t said we won’t use any Vik money to bring players in of course we will or are you saying if Vik decides to stay or there’s no buyer we are stuck with what we have a defence of Boroughs, McFadzeen, Bidwell and Desilva to please 17/18000 season ticket holders.

if Vik stays then it’ll be all free’s or loans. can’t see our budget changing much from last season. The extra 400 k from Maddison sale helps though

GIMOC

I’m sure Robins would prefer the extra 3 Million from any Gyokores Deal. Don’t see him going anywhere.
I think there will be signing lined up this week, the problem with throwing loads of money around is FFP will haunt you as it has with Reading with further clubs being investigated.

Of course he would but doesn’t mean we will. We value him at 20 mill. If clubs don’t agree with our valuation then they won’t buy him.

As I said further up. If we price him out of a move. What happens then?

Deity

Of course he would but doesn’t mean we will. We value him at 20 mill. If clubs don’t agree with our valuation then they won’t buy him.

As I said further up. If we price him out of a move. What happens then?
Good grief.

We have 8 weeks to go ….. stop creating false problems. He will go. A deal will get done. King is right to fully test the market before we cut any deal.

Skyblue_CP

This is of course hinged on wether Robins gets a decent chunk of the Vik sale to facilitate decent signings and replacements, which you would hope from a 17m sale, he would.

speedie87

Can anyone remember the name of the lad who played rb for stoke at cbs and scored. He was on loan from Wolves and would be a good shout for us.

Users who are viewing this thread