fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Danny Drinkwater desperate for a club and seeing if Leicester will have him back. Been without a club for over a year, do you think he could still do a job in this league? He’s 33

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesus wept and you were moaning about signing Bidwell and Da Silva cos "nobody else wanted them"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

Jul 13, 2020
Jesus wept and you were moaning about signing Bidwell and Da Silva cos "nobody else wanted them"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah fair but a bit more highly rated across his career and had £35m moves. Played at three different premier league winners, in their first team, training with elite players each day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedie's Head

Jul 24, 2021
All our transfers will be frees till vik goes
When someone comes on a free there will be signing bonuses and higher wages than if a fee had been paid. That might actually affect immediate cash flow more than a signing with a fee. The summer months are difficult re cash for most clubs, as we saw last year, income dips sharply yet wages and bills need to be paid.

Reactions: Fergusons_Beard

Jesse Carver

Jul 15, 2020
Athletic reporting that Leicester are after Doyle:-

Leicester City are exploring a move for Manchester City defender Callum Doyle.

The 19-year-old is valued at between £7million-£10million and Leicester are interested in bringing him to the club on a permanent basis.

Doyle is a product of the Manchester City academy and has spent the last two seasons on loan in the English Football League (EFL).

He won promotion to the Championship via the League One play-offs with Sunderland during the 2021-22 campaign and was part of the Coventry City side who reached the Championship play-off final in 2022-23.

Doyle made 46 appearances in all competitions for Coventry last season.

He has represented England at youth level but is yet to make a senior appearance for Manchester City.

Leicester are preparing for their first season back in the Championship since the 2013-14 campaign following last season’s relegation from the Premier League.

The club have already completed the signings of Conor Coady and Harry Winks ahead of the new campaign.

Enzo Maresca was appointed as the club’s new manager, succeeding interim boss Dean Smith, in June.

Reactions: Skybluedownunder

Manchester_sky_blue

Apr 10, 2013
If no one signs tonight that means all the July 1st free agent targets was a load of bullshit
Yes because all the free agents get snapped up on the very first day they become free agents and can't possibly sign later on......................

Greggs

May 8, 2012
Yes because all the free agents get snapped up on the very first day they become free agents and can't possibly sign later on......................
If we had targets lined up who were running out of contract, why delay?

Pusb1

Aug 28, 2012
i know we were told not to panic

but knowing we needed a whole new squad, it is a shambles we haven't had players negotiated and lined up to come in.

It seems like we are being reactive to the market, as opposed to proactive- and that's going to mean another makeshift squad for the first few games of the season again.

Reactions: Ann Proctor-Brown

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Basics lets be honest

We knew there was going to be a massive churn

We kne we were going to lkose our start striker

We knew we were going to lose all the loans ( the whole defence basically)

And with 33 days until we play the first game of the season we have a squad of 12. Only 5 or 6 of them being first team quality

Whatever way you see it, to be as we are in July, and without a kit sponsor is poor

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
BTW that Andersen Luton have just signed was our top summer target

So thats him and Cochrane we wanted who have gone elsewhere

• Sad
Reactions: Greggs

Balli001

Aug 4, 2022
Basics lets be honest

We knew there was going to be a massive churn

We kne we were going to lkose our start striker

We knew we were going to lose all the loans ( the whole defence basically)

And with 33 days until we play the first game of the season we have a squad of 12. Only 5 or 6 of them being first team quality

Whatever way you see it, to be as we are in July, and without a kit sponsor is poor
So over a month to go then....

Greggs

May 8, 2012
Seems absolutely everyone disagrees with you on this

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Who said he was our top target ?

Same people who have been leaking the Dougs a prick info to supporters.

so from the club

so i dont have reason to doubt it. But player point of view no brainer to go Luton in the prem than here

Manchester_sky_blue

Apr 10, 2013
i know we were told not to panic

but knowing we needed a whole new squad, it is a shambles we haven't had players negotiated and lined up to come in.

It seems like we are being reactive to the market, as opposed to proactive- and that's going to mean another makeshift squad for the first few games of the season again.
Of course we have players lined up................... Do you imagine for a second that a manager of MR's ability and reputation would stick around if the club was truly the basket case you're making out....

Reactions: cooperskyblue

djr8369

Jun 9, 2018
On the one had there’s several weeks to go and today is first proper day of pre-season. On the other hand we know we’re very short of players and most of the people involved in transfers would have been working over much of the time off.

I don’t know whether to wet the bed or just chill.

Users who are viewing this thread