Transfer targets (11 Viewers)

procdoc

Yes he did at the back end of the season, I think due to injuries to a couple of their strikers but with a full squad and they have just splashed out on Joao Pedro and also got the very good youngster Evan Ferguson he might be pushed down the pecking order a bit. I’m sure they have been linked to another foreign striker too. It’s the type of loan I’d hope for rather than a youngster.
I can’t see him dropping to the championship at 27 years old having scored a few in the premier league last season

Manchester_sky_blue

Big star in the making there

Talking Brighton they have another fringe player who could be a loan possibility
centre-back Jan Paul Van Hecke he has just extended his contract though but Brighton do that to protect their asset.
Reckon that's a decent shout actually.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Callum Connolly from Blackpool. Still only 25 but has a lot of experience, can play CB or defensive midfield and we know Robins is valuing versatility this window. Looked solid in a very poor Blackpool team last season and only has 12 months left on his contract. Not a flash signing I know but the kind of player who could stay a long time and give that stability

fatso

Reckon that's a decent shout actually.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Callum Connolly from Blackpool. Still only 25 but has a lot of experience, can play CB or defensive midfield and we know Robins is valuing versatility this window. Looked solid in a very poor Blackpool team last season and only has 12 months left on his contract. Not a flash signing I know but the kind of player who could stay a long time and give that stability
I'd be happy with Connolly, decent CH, but can play anywhere across the back and central midfield. At the very least he'd be a great player to have on the bench.
Far more versatile than Rose was.

slowpoke

I can’t see him dropping to the championship at 27 years old having scored a few in the premier league last season
See what you are saying but also at 27 he’ll want to be playing regular.
From my point of view if we do loan players in I want players who come straight into the first team not bench warming youngsters yet to be established we are hopefully passed that now. I also want a squad to go one better than last season, premier loans do cost I admit but we have the Gyokeres millions in the bank so if we have to take a million out to top up a wage why not.
Worked for Villa with Tammi Abrahams, his goals fired them into the prem. look at them now.

Yorkshire SB

Big star in the making there

Talking Brighton they have another fringe player who could be a loan possibility
centre-back Jan Paul Van Hecke he has just extended his contract though but Brighton do that to protect their asset.
He was playing end of last season too. Think De Zerbi will want him there

Jesse Carver

Callum Styles went back to Barnsley after his loan at Millwall last season. Could be a shout if Hamer leaves

Seem to remember Robins speaking highly about him in the past.

Watford are looking at him too. Think he was managed by Ismael managed him at Barnsley, although no player should make their decision to sign for Watford on the basis of who the manager is.

slowpoke

Liverpool do seem to have a good crop of young up and coming stars, they can’t keep them all and can only loan so many out under new rules.

Balli001

We could make some interesting signings with that new rule, Would Tatsu qualify or is he 1 of the 4? surely the Belgium top div would by ranked fairly highly
He would fall under the sames rules as the defender from last season. His club would now be classed as second tier after being relegated

Alkhen

He would fall under the sames rules as the defender from last season. His club would now be classed as second tier after being relegated
Ahh ok. Makes me think that's a bit of a shitty rule. You buy a player on their accomplishments on the pitch not their teams. Play a full season in a top division but are classified as 2nd Division and not eligible for transfer as soon as the season ends seems all wrong. Very harsh.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

See what you are saying but also at 27 he’ll want to be playing regular.
From my point of view if we do loan players in I want players who come straight into the first team not bench warming youngsters yet to be established we are hopefully passed that now. I also want a squad to go one better than last season, premier loans do cost I admit but we have the Gyokeres millions in the bank so if we have to take a million out to top up a wage why not.
Worked for Villa with Tammi Abrahams, his goals fired them into the prem. look at them now.
Can't see him leaving on a loan.

I'd happily have him on a perm, but having signed Simms can't see it happening.

TomRad85

Better than Waghorn….. if he’s to be a 3rd / 4th choice striker we could do much worse. Why would Ipswich be happy for him to leave though unless they think he can’t step up…
Yeh tbf, i mean i get its not exciting, but for a bench striker its not terrible. Not gonna have 4 worldies are you.

mark82

Not strictly true as the season hasn't started - Rente was an issue because he played games in the second tier. Think Belgian league is classed as a lower tier than Dutch league though so don't think he'd have qualified on club games alone.

Marty

Who's this Matija Frigan who's apparently turned us down? 5.2 mill.

Users who are viewing this thread