Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

He is currently a very decent squad player and we are lucky to have him. Where I think he draws critical comments is for how he makes relatively few progressive passes to forwards and more noticeably on Saturday against a very average Oxford and disproportionately in other games gets caught in possession. The best midfield players are constantly scanning whats around them as they operate in a congested area of the pitch, that way if they get the ball they already have a picture to make decisions about. Eccles a couple of times at the weekend received the ball and turned straight into trouble and turned the ball over. Other than these two areas much of his game is defiantly underrated and he still has time to improve.
But that's not his job, he's a very effective defensive midfielder with terrific anticipation and ball winning skills. Value that as it is important.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

But that's not his job, he's a very effective defensive midfielder with terrific anticipation and ball winning skills. Value that as it is important.

Agree he is and my post was not a critical one. It's the reading of the game and his awareness at all times that to my mind stops him being a top top player and if that clicks he should be in the side every week.

fernandopartridge

If you can back that up with stats it would be useful? I am sad enough sometimes to watch games I see live back in full and I suggest of the midfielders he plays the least progressive passes per match on a consistent basis but would no doubt have great pass completion stats.
My main point in the reply was to the suggestion that he gets disproportionate level of criticism and I think it's because he gets caught in possession far more than others and those things are far more noticeable to fans watching.
He's on the 73rd percentile in the league for progressive passes, in our squad he makes more progressive passes per 90 than Allen, Kelly, Palmer, Ayari, Sakamoto and any of our defenders.

3e8a453a371605206ba417ec2b42e8b8.jpg

ccfc1234

He's on the 73rd percentile in the league for progressive passes, in our squad he makes more progressive passes per 90 than Allen, Kelly, Palmer, Ayari, Sakamoto and any of our defenders.

3e8a453a371605206ba417ec2b42e8b8.jpg

In fairness he also is rated on a separate stats site along with Jay deSilva as being our most progressive passer what does that say?

To me it says stats only tell so much of the story. As I said to Martin I think the reason he draws critical comments is far more around his getting caught in possession as when half the stadium can see a player turning into trouble and turning the ball over its far more memorable than half a dozen forward passes to Saka on the wing.

fernandopartridge

In fairness he also is rated on a separate stats site along with Jay deSilva as being our most progressive passer what does that say?

To me it says stats only tell so much of the story. As I said to Martin I think the reason he draws critical comments is far more around his getting caught in possession as when half the stadium can see a player turning into trouble and turning the ball over its far more memorable than half a dozen forward passes to Saka on the wing.
Lol your previous post to somebody asked for stats

Hertsccfc

He's a £7.7 million pound centre forward, who's failed as a centre forward.

I'm delighted he's doing exceptionally well as a left sided midfielder, (long may it continue) but he was brought in as a centre forward, and has failed at such.

And now we still need another centre forward.
He didn't fail as a centre forward.

ccfc1234

Lol your previous post to somebody asked for stats

Yes as its always useful to back up points with stats? Martin made the point Eccles's balls resulted in goals of which Eccles has assisted one. But to highlight the limitations of stats compare the ones you shared with the ones I did, why the disparity? A prominent ai stats website has Jay deSilva as the person with 2nd most 'key passes' in the whole team just behind Eccles. Do really want to suggest Jay and Josh are our most critical offensive passers of the ball or agree that stats have limitations based on a how they are collected and other variables?

Sky Blue Pete

I am surprised we haven’t had someone lined up for Hamer as we’ve had since August to get it set up

The good run of form may have changed the requirements and Coh contract may also be delaying stuff

Overall I’m hopeful it’s because the signings are top notch and take time

shmmeee

I wonder if everything isn’t waiting on O’Hare to make a decision. Maybe a few targets/funds need shifting around depending on that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am surprised we haven’t had someone lined up for Hamer as we’ve had since August to get it set up

The good run of form may have changed the requirements and Coh contract may also be delaying stuff

Probably a good thing that nothing’s leaked out yet except for the @NorthernWisdom rumour.

Great_Expectations

Me too. While we need a number 8 type player, I wonder if the change in formation and style has impacted anything?

Or the improved performances, results and momentum has resulted in an increase in options.

Still confident we’ll have Hamer#2 by Feb.

CoventryUSA

Gianluca Busio, currently at Venezia in Serie B. Still just 21, box to box type player who also had a full season in Serie A with the same club. Very similar attributes to what we need though the stats are a bit meh.

I haven't seen much of him since he made the move to Italy. As a youngster in MLS, he oozed technical ability. Great ability to ping diagonals, threat from outside the box, and high-level set piece taker.

The problem with him at the time was he was young and frail. He would get bodied off the ball far too easily and could get overrun by midfield bullies.

If he has put on muscle and learned how to contribute more defensively, he would be a big help. He always had Top 5 League starter potential. It was just a matter of developing in those other areas.

Covstar

Logged on and had seen there were 5 more pages of this thread which i havent read yet and was getting excited about a potential new player, only to find talks about if COH has been offered the extra packet of crisps in his contract , if Eccles is going to be better than Kevin De bruyne and if Wright is just another left sided Nobby Solano...

Shall we just stay on track with this thread please? Thanks

Brighton Sky Blue

I haven't seen much of him since he made the move to Italy. As a youngster in MLS, he oozed technical ability. Great ability to ping diagonals, threat from outside the box, and high-level set piece taker.

The problem with him at the time was he was young and frail. He would get bodied off the ball far too easily and could get overrun by midfield bullies.

If he has put on muscle and learned how to contribute more defensively, he would be a big help. He always had Top 5 League starter potential. It was just a matter of developing in those other areas.
He played a full season in Serie A, last few in Serie B. Think he would be a good shout

BlueSkiesForever

When are we going to get some actual decent rumours? 😩

It’s like absolute dead radio silence atm, either all the ITKs have been binned off or we’re actually chasing nobody at all. Either way I want some juicy rumours so I can assessing potential “targets” based solely on the one highlight reel I’m going to watch 😂

fernandopartridge

Brighton Sky Blue

Left MLS for Italy for about £5/6m rising to £9m can’t see that as a goer unless it’s another loan
Since then they got relegated and this summer he goes into the last year of his contract. Currently in second place though. Highly doubt we’re interested but he would tick a lot of boxes

Martin180

Viking fk player Markus Solbakken has transferred to Sparta Prague. Was one of Brekalo’s better teammates. Could mean Viking is open to letting their bigger names go right around now aka Brekalo.
Brekalo has apparently told Viking he wants a move . There’s a few articles online from the past couple of days. .
Solbakken sounded a decent player too

CovLad94

Lewis Baker is a great shout, will be known to Adi (was he part of that Chelsea team) apparently available for a quoted 1-2 million.

Users who are viewing this thread