Transfer targets (19 Viewers)

David O'Day

Jesus. The quality of this forum has an inverse relationship to the performance of our team.
I know, which leads me to ask you this one question "Where were you when we were shit?".

JSL

If we’re looking for an O’Hare replacement know, I’d be keeping a close eye on Magnus Mattsson. 10 goals + 4 assists in 18 games this season in Holland. Also works hard in defence like Cal. Proper like for like replacement.

Out of contract in the summer so could be had for cheap if we act quickly.

Looks good. Surely already on the radar. Same agent as Victor Tor so a really good chance this will come off

Manchester_sky_blue

Looks good. Surely already on the radar. Same agent as Victor Tor so a really good chance this will come off
I have been saying about this lad for some time....... Looks ready made for what we need. He's reportedly unhappy about being played centrally by N.E.C and wants to play left wing. I reckon we could help him with that.

Reactions: JSL

torchomatic

We should ask Bryan Richardson if he still has the phone number for his Honduran contact.

torchomatic

Thing is though Mattsson has been playing at a much higher level than Torp, Prem teams and top European clubs will be looking at him I'm sure

I'd be so rubbish in the recruitment team. I'd just look at a YT video and try and sign them straightaway.

Manchester_sky_blue

Market value seems to be at around £3million, so doable, hope he is one we're looking at
It is doable. He's probably in a similar position to MvE at Heerrenveen and we managed to pull that signing off so there would be some hope but its pure speculation as to whether he's even on our radar

CovLad94

Looks like Ryan Giles going to Hull, they're doing some clever business. Just hope we have some lined up, we definitely need 2 more at least

mmttww

we definitely need 2 more at least

I'd say we need one good player that can cover left and right up front.

Sakamoto
Simms
Wright
Godden
Palmer
O'Hare

can all play somewhere along the line if there's injuries. Right side is short.

If Kelly left, we'd still have Sheaf, Eccles, Torp, Allen, Latibeaudiere for CM.

If Fadz left, we'd still have Kitching, Thomas, Binks, Latibeaudiere covering CB.

Don't want to go 'all in' now and stifle the development of summer signings.

If we had a shot at finishing 2nd I might feel differently but that's not the case.

mmttww

Think we need another option up front as well as a wide player. Unless Wright is moving centrally then we need two wide players.

You and a few others have said this and I don't really get it. We're scoring loads more than last season with more players contributing. I get that Simms and Wright haven't shown that they're a natural fit down the middle in the new formation, but I'm not convinced that's all on them, or that either has had enough minutes in that role for us to judge them.

We've dropped a lot of money on them, and Godden isn't the answer long term, so I'd much rather we focus on giving one of them - probably Simms - a run of starts in the middle instead. We were starting to make chances for the person in that role vs. Leicester. Also think Simms has shown enough to warrant that run of starts in that position.

shmmeee

You and a few others have said this and I don't really get it. We're scoring loads more than last season with more players contributing. I get that Simms and Wright haven't shown that they're a natural fit down the middle in the new formation, but I'm not convinced that's all on them, or that either has had enough minutes in that role for us to judge them.

We've dropped a lot of money on them, and Godden isn't the answer long term, so I'd much rather we focus on giving one of them - probably Simms - a run of starts in the middle instead. We were starting to make chances for the person in that role vs. Leicester. Also think Simms has shown enough to warrant that run of starts in that position.

It’s more Godden is likely on his way out, and Wright is playing LW so we only have Simms, who is 22 and it would be good to have a proper option there. Currently we’re starting with Godden.

Martin180

Interesting that Simms has been dropped since Haji's injury . Maybe MR sees them as a partnership and doesnt see them playing individually?

napolimp

It’s more Godden is likely on his way out, and Wright is playing LW so we only have Simms, who is 22 and it would be good to have a proper option there. Currently we’re starting with Godden.

I think Godden is being started over Simms because Wright isn't available. I think if Wright was on the left then Simms would be starting, but without Wright Robins would rather have someone chasing down defenders rather than holding up the ball, and laying off passes.

Interesting that Simms has been dropped since Haji's injury . Maybe MR sees them as a partnership and doesnt see them playing individually?

Beat me to it.

Frostie

I know Giles put up decent numbers last year, but I still don't rate him.

Hull looking very "shit or bust" this year
He's very much a fit for a certain style. If you're a team that thrives off crosses he could be a very useful weapon from the wing but I'm not sure that's really Hull & it sounds like they want him to play LB too 🫤

TomRad85

A lot of our signings have been leaked from within the country they currently play, its what made Brekalo believable (apologies for bringing him up 😆) Can't see us signing a CB now though really.

hopesprings

Not sure if he has been mentioned here but Benson from Burnley is being mentioned as a transfer target for Saints...thoughtbhe was good against us last season ...surprised to see him out of their squad since September

napolimp

Wonder if we'd have any chance of attracting Cameron Puertas from Union, and how much he'd go for. Would be a great replacement for O'hare.

Users who are viewing this thread