Transfer targets (5 Viewers)

torchomatic

Callum Styles to Sunderland
Bet he'd rather come here and play with 27 other ex-Barnsley team mates.

Winny the Bish

Wonder if we'd have any chance of attracting Cameron Puertas from Union, and how much he'd go for. Would be a great replacement for O'hare.

Would be incredible but he’s already playing Europa League ball and linked with Galatasaray. One of the reasons I haven’t brought him up. Definitely one to revisit if we get promoted.

the rumpo kid

Wonder if we'd have any chance of attracting Cameron Puertas from Union, and how much he'd go for. Would be a great replacement for O'hare.

Looks a great player just think he's a bit over age for what Robin's is looking for after his comments about torp. "He's a bit older then anyone we'ed usually sign" 25yo.

torchomatic

Looks a great player just think he's a bit over age for what Robin's is looking for after his comments about torp. "He's a bit older then anyone we'ed usually sign" 25yo.

Saka is older than that, isn't he?

BlueSkiesForever

I still think we just need that extra wide/winger type player to give us extra depth for our play-off push, really hope we manage to get someone in. If we have any injuries to Saka/Wright/Palmer/O’Hare then I think we could struggle to consistently beat the likes of Ipswich/Southampton/Leeds etc in the play-offs.

curly_tom

People keep saying we need to sign a winger to give Saka a rest. I don't disagree that he might need a rest as he has played a lot and looked tired on Saturday, but do clubs sign a new player so one can have a rest? Seems drastic. I would have thought we have plenty of cover up front. I'm not that bothered if we don't sign anyone else now. It seems like the bench is looking strong and we have cover in every position. People saying Palmer isn't a winger but he played well on the front left without having to be a winger. He can just play on the left and do his normal stuff but a bit wider. I like it.

mrtrench

People keep saying we need to sign a winger to give Saka a rest. I don't disagree that he might need a rest as he has played a lot and looked tired on Saturday, but do clubs sign a new player so one can have a rest? Seems drastic. I would have thought we have plenty of cover up front. I'm not that bothered if we don't sign anyone else now. It seems like the bench is looking strong and we have cover in every position. People saying Palmer isn't a winger but he played well on the front left without having to be a winger. He can just play on the left and do his normal stuff but a bit wider. I like it.

We seldom seem to score from crosses. Better having Palmer driving into the box from the left than a great cross we fail to convert.

curly_tom

Realistically we have 4 players for 3 positions (Tavares needs to go out on loan so I’m not counting him in that 4) and wright is coming back from an injury that might have been avoided if we had more options in that area when we were playing every 3 days.

Palmer has done well but it’s not his natural position and sooner or later that might show. We need another 2 in those forward positions who can challenge those who have the shirt and add the quality of squad depth we’ll likely need for a platform spot
I would say we have more than 4, I think O'Hare and Allen could play further up, add Palmer, Godden, Wright, Simms, Sakamoto, Tavares. I woudn't complain if we got more, just not too bothered right now

mmttww

Wright could cover on the right (!) if Sakamoto wasn't available - his left foot seems strong enough for him to be effective cutting in from that flank - and I think Simms would be good on the left, given a chance. It's just numbers up top. I'm not including Palmer as he's not quick enough to be anything but a stop-gap on the left, so it's four covering three positions, which isn't enough. Someone that plays wide is the most logical given what we've got already but if the best available option in Jan plays centrally, fine. Intrigued to see what we end up with!

shmmeee

Fact is Wright is out because we over played him, Saka will be next. Coming to the UK is a shock to the system in terms of games played and intensity played at. Godden rarely plays extended runs, Simms I don’t think has played so much football before either.

It’s a recipe for an injury or two over the next three months derailing our season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fact is Wright is out because we over played him, Saka will be next. Coming to the UK is a shock to the system in terms of games played and intensity played at. Godden rarely plays extended runs, Simms I don’t think has played so much football before either.

It’s a recipe for an injury or two over the next three months derailing our season.
Has often been our Achilles heel this. However I’d be stunned if we weren’t trying to add more this window

skybluegod

This is a bit of a obvious statement all muscle injuries are often from muscle fatigue for elite sport. It's also by in large unavoidable. On the whole our injury list has been much better managed this season.

Diogenes

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the fact we had nobody lined up at the start of the window.

Given Robins method of slow walking them into the side - it might be March before any new signing really starts to make an impact. If we leave it right until the end that's a whole month lost.

hopesprings

This is a bit of a obvious statement all muscle injuries are often from muscle fatigue for elite sport. It's also by in large unavoidable. On the whole our injury list has been much better managed this season.
It does seem strange that we seem to have had a number of "abductor" injuries Sheaf, Palmer, Eccles not sure that Wrights ahs been specific or just muscle..groin or abductor...

Flying Fokker

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the fact we had nobody lined up at the start of the window.

Given Robins method of slow walking them into the side - it might be March before any new signing really starts to make an impact. If we leave it right until the end that's a whole month lost.
Not for lack of effort. The same could be said of any club that comes in for O’Hare, save the fact that he’s up to speed in most aspects of his game.

Matt smith

Need a winger through the door ASAP

skybluegod

It does seem strange that we seem to have had a number of "abductor" injuries Sheaf, Palmer, Eccles not sure that Wrights ahs been specific or just muscle..groin or abductor...

Eccles? Was that his year must be forgetting that!

Incredibly common injury in football given the types of movements involved.

eedyut

Back to your barrel...you're blocking the light!

Users who are viewing this thread