Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (12 Viewers)

Grendel

Apparently Haley has pulled out, so it is a Biden/Trump re-match. Heard today that something like 70% of US voters don't want either of them. Didn't realise they were that sensible!

It holds about as much appeal as announcing Joe Bugner and Larry Holmes are “getting it on” in the near future

Como

‘Uncommitted’ racks up more than 45k votes in Minnesota Democratic primary

I had not heard of uncommitted before, they came second. It is not uncommon if for example you are in a solid blue area and want to have a say to be a registered Dem as that way you a vote in the Primary which actually decides who will get voted in.

There is realistically not a third party candidate out there who stands a chance, but voters who can not hold their nose could well be significant in closes races.

shmmeee

‘Uncommitted’ racks up more than 45k votes in Minnesota Democratic primary

I had not heard of uncommitted before, they came second. It is not uncommon if for example you are in a solid blue area and want to have a say to be a registered Dem as that way you a vote in the Primary which actually decides who will get voted in.

There is realistically not a third party candidate out there who stands a chance, but voters who can not hold their nose could well be significant in closes races.

You realise this was a protest that his position on Gaza was too pro Israel?

chiefdave

So Trump has been bailed out (for now), with his rape conviction payments,, by a company whose CEO also sits on the board of a pro Russian think tank, they're not even trying to hide it anymore!
It’s become very obvious they don’t have to. He can do anything he wants and his supporters don’t care no matter how much it damages them or their country

PVA

So Trump has been bailed out (for now), with his rape conviction payments,, by a company whose CEO also sits on the board of a pro Russian think tank, they're not even trying to hide it anymore!

I said it in the Ukraine thread but it's absurd how so many Americans now support Russia, who not long ago were the sworn enemy, all because Trump tells them to.

Even when their allies kill 3 US soldiers the penny still doesn't drop.

PVA

Fucking hell "you know, the polls are all rigged, of course, lately they haven’t been rigged because I’m winning by so much, disregard that statement. I love the polls very much.”

Bloody hell I thought you were satirising when I read that.

What a fucking idiot he is.

Como

I wonder what the actuarial odds are that they will both be living come election day.

Anyway this is probably the best source of polls for those interested.

Take into account that some States really do not matter, California for example, a given for Dems, as Pelosi said a glass of water could win AOC's seat, and California is a super majority D State.

Nancy Pelosi has never exactly been subtle about her disdain for the left-leaning wing of the Democratic party. The House speaker once scoffed that a “glass of water” could have won congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s seat

The swing that counts is where it matters.

skybluetony176

Ignoring Trump's financial concerns, there are some worrying signs of just what he intends doing if he cars The sacking of over 100000 civil servants deemed not to align themselves to the Republican Party - hum. Lot on YouTube over the past few days. Demonstrating just how easily America is being led towards its own chaotic future

He’s been watching Javier Milei and thinking that’s a smart guy. He culled Argentina’s civil service and now the country is marching to get him out. They only voted him into power in December.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ignoring Trump's financial concerns, there are some worrying signs of just what he intends doing if he cars The sacking of over 100000 civil servants deemed not to align themselves to the Republican Party - hum. Lot on YouTube over the past few days. Demonstrating just how easily America is being led towards its own chaotic future

I think it's blatantly obvious his (well, those around him with a modicum of brains) plan is to cull anyone who cannot be trusted to be devoutly loyal to him and using his stupid, rabid fanbase to hound anyone looking to resist out.

I know the first 100 days is a big thing over there but if he wins (and I really think he will) they'll be the most important first 100 days ever. Either by that time there will be massive calls for him to be impeached and removed from office or America going down a much darker Hitler-esque route

Flying Fokker

I think it's blatantly obvious his (well, those around him with a modicum of brains) plan is to cull anyone who cannot be trusted to be devoutly loyal to him and using his stupid, rabid fanbase to hound anyone looking to resist out.

I know the first 100 days is a big thing over there but if he wins (and I really think he will) they'll be the most important first 100 days ever. Either by that time there will be massive calls for him to be impeached and removed from office or America going down a much darker Hitler-esque route
It really does seem that bad as well. My hope is that the young of the nation come out and vote for normal America.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It really does seem that bad as well. My hope is that the young of the nation come out and vote for normal America.
I'm not a massive fan of 'normal' America either, but given the alternative I'll take that happening every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

hamertime

Hitler-Esque 😂😂

Everything the bloke says is about right. Got on with the most dangerous leaders in the world, the economy was great. Just because a few celebs jumped on the bandwagon they got him out.

Will be the best thing that could ever happen to America if he gets in.

Otis

24 former Trump allies and aides who turned against him​

Then-President Donald Trump exits the Oval Office and walks to Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House on October 1, 2020.

There is a long list of one-time allies and aides who have either turned against former President Donald Trump or whom he has turned against.
No person in US politics – certainly no recent president – has such an expansive list of high-profile allies turned enemies.

His longest-serving White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, delivered an incredible rebuke of Trump’s personality and leadership in an on-the-record statement to CNN’s Jake Tapper.

1. His vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”

2. His second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

3. His first secretary of defense, James Mattis: “Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

4. His second secretary of defense, Mark Esper: “I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”

5. His chairman of the joint chiefs, retired Gen. Mark Milley, seemed to invoke Trump: “We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution and we take an oath to the idea that is America – and we’re willing to die to protect it.”

6. His first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson: “(Trump’s) understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited. It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this.”

7. His first ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley: “He used to be good on foreign policy and now he has started to walk it back and get weak in the knees when it comes to Ukraine. A terrible thing happened on January 6 and he called it a beautiful day.”

8. His presidential transition vice-chairman, Chris Christie: “Someone who I would argue now is just out for himself.”

9. His second national security adviser, HR McMaster: “We saw the absence of leadership, really anti-leadership, and what that can do to our country.”

10. His third national security adviser, John Bolton: “I believe (foreign leaders) think he is a laughing fool.”

11. His second chief of staff, John
Kelly: “A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”

12. His former acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, who resigned as US special envoy to Ireland after January 6, 2021: “I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”

13. One of his many former communications directors, Anthony Scaramucci: “He is the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

14. Another former communications director, Stephanie Grisham: “I am terrified of him running in 2024.”

15. His secretary of education, Betsy DeVos, who resigned after January 6: “When I saw what was happening on January 6 and didn’t see the president step in and do what he could have done to turn it back or slow it down or really address the situation, it was just obvious to me that I couldn’t continue.”

16. His secretary of transportation, Elaine Chao, who resigned after January 6: “At a particular point the events were such that it was impossible for me to continue, given my personal values and my philosophy.

17. His first secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: “…the president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

18. His first homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”

19. His former personal lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen: “Donald’s an idiot.”

20. His White House lawyer, Ty Cobb: “Trump relentlessly puts forth claims that are not true.”

21. A former director of strategic communications, Alyssa Farah Griffin, who is now a CNN political commentator: “We can stand by the policies, but at this point we cannot stand by the man.”

22. A top aide in charge of his outreach to African Americans, Omarosa Manigault Newman: “Donald Trump, who would attack civil rights icons and professional athletes, who would go after grieving black widows, who would say there were good people on both sides, who endorsed an accused child molester; Donald Trump, and his decisions and his behavior, was harming the country. I could no longer be a part
of this madness.”
Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images
Sarah Matthews, former deputy White House press secretary, arrives to testify before the House select committee investigating the January 6 attack in the Cannon House Office Building on July 21, 2022.

23. A former deputy press secretary, Sarah Matthews, who resigned after January 6: “I thought that he did do a lot of good during his four years. I think that his actions on January 6 and the lead-up to it, the way that he’s acted in the aftermath, and his continuation of pushing this lie that the election is stolen has made him wholly unfit to hold office every again.”

24. His final chief of staff’s aide, Cassidy Hutchinson: “I think that Donald Trump is the most grave threat we will face to our democracy in our lifetime, and potentially in American history.”

And this is from October. I am pretty sure the list has grown since then.

And these are all the people he chose to serve under him. If you think they are all dodgy or crooked, what does that say about Trump?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yea, I'd sooner have Biden as he's doing such a great job of taking the world to the brink of WW3 while systematically trashing the American economy.
I'm no fan of Biden but to suggest the man to fix that economy is a man with numerous bankruptcies, is likely to have to pay out tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars for dodgy financial practices and who can't get insurance for said legal cases is quite a take.

Maybe one day you'll realise the headline metrics used to measure economic performance are, in fact, a load of horseshit and are used purely to protect the mega-rich as they don't highlight the massive disparity in where 'growth' occurs or take into account the huge intangible social costs that arise from it.

fatso

I'm no fan of Biden but to suggest the man to fix that economy is a man with numerous bankruptcies, is likely to have to pay out tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars for dodgy financial practices and who can't get insurance for said legal cases is quite a take.

Maybe one day you'll realise the headline metrics used to measure economic performance are, in fact, a load of horseshit and are used purely to protect the mega-rich as they don't highlight the massive disparity in where 'growth' occurs or take into account the huge intangible social costs that arise from it.
The reality (unfortunately) is that the choice for Americans will be a straight one between Trump and Biden.
If that's the case the only option for global security simply has to be Trump.

Personally I couldn't care less how many times he's been made bankrupt. (And once he becomes POTUS the legal issues will be instantly quashed) Sticking with the mentally impaired Biden will almost inevitably see more widespread global wars and the inevitable conflict with China. Who in their right mind would want to vote for that.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The reality (unfortunately) is that the choice for Americans will be a straight one between Trump and Biden.
If that's the case the only option for global security simply has to be Trump.

Personally I couldn't care less how many times he's been made bankrupt. (And once he becomes POTUS the legal issues will be instantly quashed) Sticking with the mentally impaired Biden will almost inevitably see more widespread global wars and the inevitable conflict with China. Who in their right mind would want to vote for that.
Trump is an absolute loose cannon and has the mentality of a spoiled toddler. He changes his mind mid sentence and people who he says are 'great' people soon after he's calling them traitors, usually for something incredibly petty like a perceived personal slight or the mildest of mild criticism. If Putin (or anyone else like China) wanted to goad him into starting WWIII he could do it in a heartbeat. The reason Putin won't is because he knows Trump in office would a massive asset for him as he can easily manipulate him.

That you're ok with the fact that he can and would just use his position to make stuff he's clearly done wrong go away shows why his supporters are blinded to his personality. As I said, Hitler-esque.

Otis

Trump is an absolute loose cannon and has the mentality of a spoiled toddler. He changes his mind mid sentence and people who he says are 'great' people soon after he's calling them traitors, usually for something incredibly petty like a perceived personal slight or the mildest of mild criticism. If Putin (or anyone else like China) wanted to goad him into starting WWIII he could do it in a heartbeat. The reason Putin won't is because he knows Trump in office would a massive asset for him as he can easily manipulate him.

That you're ok with the fact that he can and would just use his position to make stuff he's clearly done wrong go away shows why his supporters are blinded to his personality. As I said, Hitler-esque.
Not sure I agree on the Hitler-esque, but agree with everything else.

He is such a dangerous individual.

Users who are viewing this thread