Trust email (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Hmmm, if my opinion is they need to draw up their polls a little more carefully, would this be taken into account?

Now *there's* somewhere I might be able to help ;)

Good See you their tomorrow then northern usual corner...... O and no funny stuff:)

torchomatic

But they aren't asking us what we "want", are they?

As they are committed to what the members want they are tied to doing polls. to find out exactly what direction the majority of these members want them to take.

Just a shame more don't turn up give their opinions these then can also be taken into account.

letsallsingtogether

But they aren't asking us what we "want", are they?

They have plenty of requests put forward at the meetings and through where else do you think these suggestions come rom it has nothing to do with the board but the members they take them all into account.

Some of you should come along to these meetings sometime, and you would see for yourself not their problem that it is mostly regular members that keep turning up, I make an effort when I am not working but do not really put any suggestions forward myself.
I just like to hear myself first hand what is going on, and not some bullshit usually put on here by others with their own agenda.

Nick

Administrator
They have plenty of requests put forward at the meetings and through where else do you think these suggestions come rom it has nothing to do with the board but the members they take them all into account.

Some of you should come along to these meetings sometime, and you would see for yourself not their problem that it is mostly regular members that keep turning up, I make an effort when I am not working but do not really put any suggestions forward myself.
I just like to hear myself first hand what is going on, and not some bullshit usually put on here by others with their own agenda.

Just bullshit in the Squirrel from people with their own agenda?

NorthernWisdom

and you would see for yourself not their problem that it is mostly regular members that keep turning up.

Certainly true.

Of course the Catch-22 with any group (so no blame attached before you get hissy!) is when the same people turn up, it makes it seem like a closed shop... but then it's only a closed shop because it's only the same people that turn up!

FWIW I've been to a couple of meetings (kept myself hidden for a couple ;) ) and not been eaten alive. FWIW I'd also be pretty sure that anybody who turned up with whatever view they wanted to give would get a fair hearing. Kind of glad the resolution was parked last time though, saved me having to argue in person ;) Few like speaking up in a room of strangers after all.

And whichever way it gets led, of course, always dangerous if just a small number of people turn up. Imagine half a dozen RFCs wielding power...

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Just bullshit in the Squirrel from people with their own agenda?

Oh I wasn't aiming it at you but hey take it any way you want, I was actually on about a member who goes to the meetings sometimes who is also a member of one of the other supporters groups.

AndreasB

As they are committed to what the members want they are tied to doing polls. to find out exactly what direction the majority of these members want them to take.

Just a shame more don't turn up give their opinions these then can also be taken into account.

But what about those without the Internet? How can they fill in the endless surveys? Trust completely ignoring the old git factor of our support.

NorthernWisdom

But what about those without the Internet? How can they fill in the endless surveys? Trust completely ignoring the old git factor of our support.

Another catch 22 though innit. Hardly anyone goes to meetings, so they have a louder voice than those who don't - so you open it up to email but... everyone wants a view, and how does a volunteer collate them all easily?

So then you miss off a whole bunch of people as you say so... volunteers to go and ask questions?

Personally I'd be all for a survey to find out why those who aren't in the Trust... aren't in the Trust. But someone's got to give up their time to ask the questions and draw up the answers.

olderskyblue

Oi..!! mind your mouth. I'll have you know some of us old gits use the internet...

torchomatic

I am a Trust member but I stopped getting the emails back in the summer.

Covstu

I seen another email the other day but deleted so didnt read the content fully. When are these wonderful results going to come out??

TheOldFive

This is the survey asking us to ask for a "sack the board" OR "Sell up and Go" message to be passed to the owners, yes? I expect that either of these requests put to Sisu by the Trust will be met with either no response or a negative response. Sorry if that's a Spoiler to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread