Tuesday signings (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am still shocked at the Vince move will less than 100k really help us that much?
Would have loved to see Vince winning the ball and passing it to Vlad to ping around.
A tad worrying for me that TM felt he needed those wages and that money that badly.
I hope it wasn't to pay Wilson the wages he may have wanted
Vince could have even done a job at CB until we signed one

Agree.

If the budget was competitive, why did we have to sell him, especially as so far as we've hardly bought anyone else in.

It concerns me the lack of fight we have in the team too. Lots of weakish players, no real battle or strength anywhere... Another reason selling him seems a little strange. You need to be able to dig in to scrap for points in League 1, and I feel this area could let us down.

no_loyalty

Agree.

If the budget was competitive, why did we have to sell him, especially as so far as we've hardly bought anyone else in.

It concerns me the lack of fight we have in the team too. Lots of weakish players, no real battle or strength anywhere... Another reason selling him seems a little strange. You need to be able to dig in to scrap for points in League 1, and I feel this area could let us down.

I thought Vince asked to leave, because his lover Fleck had left?

SkyBlueCRJ

An obsession i wish every other club had

You say that. A number of my friends are Arsenal fans and they no longer look forward to the start of a new season. The football club has gone and all that remains is a business run like an engine. Passion, tradition and atmosphere has left Arsenal FC now. Yes they make staggering profits each annum but things that make a football club no longer exist or matter to their owners. Football clubs should be run efficiently yes but not to the extent of Arsenal where ambition is seen as a potential profit loss rather than an ultimate goal

Ian1779

You say that. A number of my friends are Arsenal fans and they no longer look forward to the start of a new season. The football club has gone and all that remains is a business run like an engine. Passion, tradition and atmosphere has left Arsenal FC now. Yes they make staggering profits each annum but things that make a football club no longer exist or matter to their owners. Football clubs should be run efficiently yes but not to the extent of Arsenal where ambition is seen as a potential profit loss rather than an ultimate goal

Let's not kid ourselves we'd swap positions with them in a heartbeat.

PTA

Agree.

We've had this problem for years, no players with any bite. We had the woeful Connor Thomas and then Vincelot (a man who knew how to put in a tackle) but we let him go.

no_loyalty

He'd have joined Sheffield Utd if that was the only reason.

No, Sheff U didn't want him, so Vince had to choose the nearest club to Sheffield which did

SkyBlueCRJ

Let's not kid ourselves we'd swap positions with them in a heartbeat.

Oh if it came down to it I'd sell my soul in a second, who wouldn't want their kind of status and money. Just saying the grass isn't always greener on the other side

Ian1779

Oh if it came down to it I'd sell my soul in a second, who wouldn't want their kind of status and money. Just saying the grass isn't always greener on the other side

I actually admire what they have done - i know the football writers love a good joke about Arsenal and 4th place but they are massively consistent. 20 years of Top 4 finishes including consecutive improvements over the last 3 seasons. 2 major trophies as well. Arsenal fans should be careful what the wish for.

Kingokings204

I actually admire what they have done - i know the football writers love a good joke about Arsenal and 4th place but they are massively consistent. 20 years of Top 4 finishes including consecutive improvements over the last 3 seasons. 2 major trophies as well. Arsenal fans should be careful what the wish for.

Completely agree but then watching Leicester come from no where and a win a league title is hard to stomach.

SkyBlueCRJ

I wouldn't go as far as to say I admire what they have done whatsoever. Not from a football perspective anyway. Arsenal spend just enough and just so they reach the champions league places but have only won 2 trophies in the last 11 years. The F.A Cup isn't major, Champions League and Premier League fall into that category, domestic cups certainly do not. Don't you think that's a little bit odd that Wenger is still in charge after a record such as this, most clubs would have terminated their managers tenure after 3 years at most. E.g. Manchester United sacking Van Gaal. The only reason Arsenal owners retain Wenger is because he provides that consistency you mentioned. They don't want to take a gamble on another manager because they have realised firstly that it is likely that they would not churn out the same results as Wenger and secondly because they know with him they won't need to spend hundreds of millions each year to fight for the title as the title is not a priority. Football writers make that recurring joke because in that time why have Arsenal never won the Premier League in those 20 years? If you step back and look at the bigger picture its not admirable at all, its stupidly clever business I must admit but a stagnant and depressing position to be in where the bank accounts of the owners is seen a greater goal than creating a dynasty at Arsenal. Something which none of the other top 3 teams are guilty of.

Business wise they've evolved Arsenal into a finely tuned machine and I do understand what you mean, in a business sense it is admirable because the first rule of owning a football club is to make it sustainable and thats what the Arsenal hierarchy have done, and done well. Realistically this is where football is going I am not naive enough to think otherwise but many other clubs have retained the qualities that make a football club, have a driven sense of ambition and are still run well at the same time.

FRY-CCFC

Yeah it's gonna be McCann.

I'm amazed people kept asking what was happening with McCann when he was at Rugby and Nuneaton in training gear ffs.

covcity4life

I am still shocked at the Vince move will less than 100k really help us that much?
Would have loved to see Vince winning the ball and passing it to Vlad to ping around.
A tad worrying for me that TM felt he needed those wages and that money that badly.
I hope it wasn't to pay Wilson the wages he may have wanted
Vince could have even done a job at CB until we signed one

since when has been known by vince to us fans? just curious

and trust in TM means trust in him, we dont know whats going on with that budget, but TM clearly wasnt that fussed with RV going so neither should the fans be

AFCCOVENTRY

Ex-Wigan midfielder Chris McCann has agreed a loan deal with the Sky Blues which will keep him at the club until December…

The Irishman has signed an international loan agreement with Coventry City, which is effective from August 1st and will run until December 31st 2016.

McCann spent the majority of his playing career at Burnley, before making the switch to Wigan in 2013. The midfielder was part of the side that won automatic promotion to the Championship with the Latics last season, making 40 appearances and scoring four goals.

The 29-year old will join his new club Atlanta United for their inaugural MLS season in January 2017, with their campaign set to kickoff in March.

McCann has joined up with the Sky Blues squad for training over the past week, and becomes City's fourth new signing of the summer.

Coventry City Manager Tony Mowbray said: “Chris is a player who has played most of his football at a higher level and stands out in League One. I've got no doubt he will add both quality and experience to our midfield.

“Chris was a crucial part of the Wigan side who won this league last year and I’ve already seen a good mix of ability and tenacity from him. I want a team who are prepared to play football but also dig in and compete. For that, you need players who can keep the ball in tight areas and play but also have a bit of bite.

“Chris has these attributes and I'm delighted to welcome another signing to the club ahead of next season."

Chris McCann said: “I had a couple of options to go elsewhere but when I spoke to the gaffer he was full of confidence about what he wants to achieve here this season.

“When I met him and heard what he had to say, the way he speaks and his ideas about the way he wants his team to play, it breeds confidence into players.

“The Ricoh is a fantastic stadium. It’s been a while since I have played there but I’m looking forward to my first game."

Kingokings204

Interestingly says he couldnt agree terms with Wigan. Well they wouldn't of offered him peanuts to be fair after promotion?

Users who are viewing this thread