Uber for Matt? (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

Too hard?
I made one comment which clearly states it’s debatable, rather than definitive.
Thanks for debating but I’m curious about why you think that’s “too hard” and what you think my motivation might be.

hill83

Too hard?
I made one comment which clearly states it’s debatable, rather than definitive.
Thanks for debating but I’m curious about why you think that’s “too hard” and what you think my motivation might be.

Because you want Godden to drive you to B&M and hold his hand while he buys you paint and rollers and then decorate your house together and then go for a walk in the park followed by a nice meal and a bottle of Prosecco.

Terry_dactyl

Because you want Godden to drive you to B&M and hold his hand while he buys you paint and rollers and then decorate your house together and then go for a walk in the park followed by a nice meal and a bottle of Prosecco.
Are you living in my dreams?

Offhegoes

I feel for Godden, and I am not convinced it's wholly down to him. Neither Simms or Wright have been successful in that central role in our new system, and it seems the position demands good link up play, in an almost False 9 role. This is not Godden's style, so he ends up having to drop deep or go wide to even see the ball.

Reactions: AOM

Governmac

Not that I am defending MG's form, but didn't he become a dad for the first time late last year? Some will know of the domestic turmoil that will cause and perhaps its catching him up. He's been a good player for us and until recently, many would have been distraught if he wasn't on the team sheet. how times change quickly.....

Nah that wasn't his first kid.

skybluecam

He’s scored 1 goal since we changed formation.

In a 2 striker formation he can do a job in the championship. As a lone striker he just doesn’t have the attributes. When you combine that with some poor form he just looks out of place in our matches. I used to be confident that at least if he got a chance he’d put it away but I am no longer.

See out the season, then hopefully work with him to get him a move to the top of league one and we can bring in someone better suited to the team.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

We have only 3 strikers if you exclude u-21s.
It's a problem area for sure in the team as none of them really are doing well in the games I've seen.

Looking at Matt Godden two misses on highlights were shocking. First half chance, what can you say about it?
Could have trapped it and shot, volleyed it in or placed a simple header into goal.

Second half chance was almost as bad Technically. On left of goal and decided to shoot with right foot. Left foot across goal would have gone in as Simms had right hand side of goal covered from defender. I never have understood why professional footballers use the wrong foot to shoot with. I'm right footed too but will use my left when it's it appropriate.

I thought he was lucky to play so many games last year. I don't see he would get games in another championship team. No choice but to keep him as an option but he is really struggling to make a positive impact. Something is wrong with him, played well against Leicester but with other games really below the level required. I hope he can rise a bit or get some help to the end of season and end his career here with his head held high.

With better strikers and an extra couple of squad players , we would coast to a play off spot.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

It's a problem area for sure in the team as none of them really are doing well in the games I've seen.

Looking at Matt Godden two misses on highlights were shocking. First half chance, what can you say about it. Could have trapped it and shot, volleyed it in or placed a simple header into goal.

Second half chance almost as bad. On left of goal and decided to shoot with right foot. Left foot across goal would have gone in as Simms had right hand side of goal covered from defender. I never have understood why professional footballers use the wrong foot to shoot with. I'm right footed too but will use my left when it's it appropriate.

I thought he was lucky to play so many games last year. I don't see he would get games in another championship team. No choice but to keep him as an option but he is really struggling to make a positive impact.

With better strikers and an extra couple of squad players , we would coast to a play off spot.

We’ll strengthen that area in the summer but Jan was not the time to do it imo. We’ve got EMC coming in so Wright will probably play more centrally next season.

Simms will improve, since Swansea at home his goal ratio is 1 in 3. For the rest of the season, he needs to give Simms the starting berth to prove himself. If doesn’t perform, then we can look at other options.

pusbccfc

It will be a real shame if he finishes his time here on a negative note. He seems fed up.

Barely made an effort to clap the fans yesterday. First down the tunnel. It's a proper shame.

covcity4life

Well edited.
You edited your first post to ask so I edited mine to make sure you are aware of exactly what I meant.

I have never witnessed a pattern of any kind with you don't worry. Wright and Simms are only other strikers we have which is why I brought them up we comparisons

Skyblue Bangkok

Looking at Matt Godden two misses on highlights were shocking. First half chance, what can you say about it. Could have trapped it and shot, volleyed it in or placed a simple header into goal.

Second half chance almost as bad. On left of goal and decided to shoot with right foot. Left foot across goal would have gone in as Simms had right hand side of goal covered from defender. I never have understood why professional footballers use the wrong foot to shoot with. I'm right footed too but will use my left when it's it appropriate.

I thought he was lucky to play so many games last year. I don't see he would get games in another championship team. No choice but to keep him as an option but he is really struggling to make a positive impact.

He's lost that half a yard of pace , he's been poor and I'm sure he won't be at the club next season.

itsabuzzard

Is the rest being left to the imagination?

TomRad85

I think we're in Dabo territory now. People cling to the fact he did well for us for a while and use that to justify him still being around. He should have been replaced.
We've had many players crucial to our rise, McNulty for example was absolutely vital, but I wouldn't want to still be watching him waddle around the pitch either.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluecam

It will be a real shame if he finishes his time here on a negative note. He seems fed up.

Barely made an effort to clap the fans yesterday. First down the tunnel. It's a proper shame.
It’s a shame he’s being a moody git, yes. Never heard him get any stick at the games so unless he’s scrolling here/twitter (where there’s always going to be criticism) I’m not sure what he’s sulking about.

shmmeee

It’s a shame he’s being a moody git, yes. Never heard him get any stick at the games so unless he’s scrolling here/twitter (where there’s always going to be criticism) I’m not sure what he’s sulking about.

Twitter is different for me. People were tagging players into abuse. Players have to actively come here and click on threads. They’ve got a right to have social media and not have it flooded with direct abuse.

TomRad85

Twitter is different for me. People were tagging players into abuse. Players have to actively come here and click on threads. They’ve got a right to have social media and not have it flooded with direct abuse.
Exactly. Said it before but if they want to seek out places like this to look at what people think then that's on them, we're allowed our opinions no matter how batshit and its basically what forums like this are for. Tagging them on places like Twitter just makes you a piece of shit.

skybluecam

Maybe but with the way things are right now I think every player will see negative comments on twitter, no matter how they’re performing. So best ignored.

If I was a pro I’d hand my accounts over to a social media management team.

Nick

Administrator

He's been given chances but isn't taking them. What does he want?

pusbccfc

He's been given chances but isn't taking them. What does he want?

Agreed. He's blown them this month. I feel for him though.

He should have gone last summer. He'd have scored a shit ton for a club like Pompey or Derby in League 1.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think we're in Dabo territory now. People cling to the fact he did well for us for a while and use that to justify him still being around. He should have been replaced.
We've had many players crucial to our rise, McNulty for example was absolutely vital, but I wouldn't want to still be watching him waddle around the pitch either.

In principle you are right. Although Dabo had one good season and about three others that became dreadful. Godden has had about three that were decent, and one now that is becoming dreadful. I think it's probably therefore a bit insulting to compare the two players outright, but I know what you are trying to get at.

The frustrating thing is that injuries have held him back in terms of hitting big numbers in the past, but this year he's been injury free and the goals have dried up. He looks to have regressed significantly and the miss yesterday is a bit of a proverbial nail in the coffin potentially.

Mucca Mad Boys

Who? Robins?

Is it not possible that the more likely reason was that he was miffed at the performance and all the social media stuff was a tipping point for his mood?

TomRad85

In principle you are right. Although Dabo had one good season and about three others that became dreadful. Godden has had about three that were decent, and one now that is becoming dreadful. I think it's probably therefore a bit insulting to compare the two players outright, but I know what you are trying to get at.

The frustrating thing is that injuries have held him back in terms of hitting big numbers in the past, but this year he's been injury free and the goals have dried up. He looks to have regressed significantly and the miss yesterday is a bit of a proverbial nail in the coffin potentially.
I just call it is I see it mate, I takes a while for me to write a player off and I don't do it very often I don't think. I think we have an exceptional group of players currently and if we don't go up this season, with one or two additions we may well go up next.
On Dabo, I was done with him for at least 2 seasons, no matter how anyone tried to justify his position he always looked an absolute liability to me. Godden is now there, he's basically invisible and looks levels below the other players out on that pitch.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Lost his man really well for the chance he missed - every cloud etc

Agree with some of the views, this years style and definitely a wider winger formation is not suited to his style as much, he has scored a lot from slotting through from the middle. 50+ goals for us is amazing, still think he has a few in him this year which would be crucial but I wouldn't be starting him right now ahead of others other than for injury or players getting leggy.

Don't get the hatred from some towards a guy who helped us get promoted twice and still trying every game, its not like he is picking up a wage and doing nothing, he is just not executing as well has he has done before.

shmmeee

Lost his man really well for the chance he missed - every cloud etc

Agree with some of the views, this years style and definitely a wider winger formation is not suited to his style as much, he has scored a lot from slotting through from the middle. 50+ goals for us is amazing, still think he has a few in him this year which would be crucial but I wouldn't be starting him right now ahead of others other than for injury or players getting leggy.

Don't get the hatred from some towards a guy who helped us get promoted twice and still trying every game, its not like he is picking up a wage and doing nothing, he is just not executing as well has he has done before.

I don’t hate him, but this season (and a bit last with the rumours about him and Vik) his attitude has pissed me off. Which is probably the difference for a lot. If he was banging them in he’d get support (and did at the start of the season), but you can’t be an arse and not deliver.

False9

I don’t hate him, but this season (and a bit last with the rumours about him and Vik) his attitude has pissed me off. Which is probably the difference for a lot. If he was banging them in he’d get support (and did at the start of the season), but you can’t be an arse and not deliver.
Yea agree with this, I particularly didn't like how he was berating new team mates early this season whilst he was scoring and they struggled.

Seems to surround himself with sycophants like Dawkins so it wouldn't surprise me if he's bringing the attitude issues into training.

There's definitely an unjustified ego at this level. Kelly as an example just gets on with it and accepts his role is different now.

Users who are viewing this thread