Unpopular Opinions (2 Viewers)

oakey

The 90s kits were bloody atrocious and the 00s were crap too

Bad Boy

Still riles me when I think of that journalist who posed the question `What's the point of Coventry City?'

He certainly got a response. 💩

Evo1883

We could ofcourse branch this out to football in general no ? I have LOADS of unpopular opinions 🤣

Evo1883

tbf you don;t have to stop at football for that ;)
Brutal Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

TomRad85

Football is pretty much ruined and I kind of hate it, largely thanks to clubs in the English Premiership and their owners. If it wasn't for my love of CCFC I think I'd walk away and watch something less rotten. Beach volleyball perhaps...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Our away kits are consistently better than our home ones and have been for most of the last 10 seasons.

Gibbo

Football is pretty much ruined and I kind of hate it, largely thanks to clubs in the English Premiership and their owners. If it wasn't for my love of CCFC I think I'd walk away and watch something less rotten. Beach volleyball perhaps...

The Premiership is the highest quality league in the world, with the best players and managers watched by huge audiences in the the grounds and around the planet. What on earth is not to like? Remember the good old days? Bollox. 11,000 for a top flight game at Highfield Road? Crap football on crap pitches - the old 1st Division was a standard somewhere between current Championship and League 1. And a fair chance you would get beaten up by opposition 'fans'. That money you despise has brought a brilliant product to England, not Germany, France, Italy or Spain. If a plutocrat turned up at our door with bottomless pockets I bet you would suddenly change your tune.

It is because it is so fiercely competitive (good thing) that I have no interest in being promoted - plutocrat scenario excepted

NorthernWisdom

What on earth is not to like?
The fact it's so superficial, detached from reality, is sanitised to death. The fact that the players aren't likely to move in next to me, send their kids to my school, have a kickabout down the local park. The fact that it's money rather than competition tat dominates, the fact that owners aren't the local boy made good unless they've made good to the tune of £billions.

Yes, I prefer watching lower league football to the top flight. Unpopular opinion? Possibly not on this board, but would be in the country as a whole. But then they've been sold a consumer product rather than grown to love a sport that's all about where they came from and what makes up them and their mates.

Brighton Sky Blue

In no particular order

New songs shouldn't be chosen just because someone gets their little kid to sing the lyrics on video

We'd have been better off retaining Biamou than bringing in Waghorn

I would rather have finished 20th in League 1 twice on the bounce than get relegated and come back up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Our away kits are consistently better than our home ones and have been for most of the last 10 seasons.
More scope with them in terms of colours (and arguably designs) so can make them more interesting.

Sceptic would say home kits will sell regardless so no need to take as much care over them, so make the away kits better and you'll make more money overall.

Brighton Sky Blue

More scope with them in terms of colours (and arguably designs) so can make them more interesting.

Sceptic would say home kits will sell regardless so no need to take as much care over them, so make the away kits better and you'll make more money overall.
Must be honest, I don't like this year's home kit at all. The away one's brilliant.

Bad Boy

The Premiership is the highest quality league in the world, with the best players and managers watched by huge audiences in the the grounds and around the planet. What on earth is not to like? Remember the good old days? Bollox. 11,000 for a top flight game at Highfield Road? Crap football on crap pitches - the old 1st Division was a standard somewhere between current Championship and League 1. And a fair chance you would get beaten up by opposition 'fans'. That money you despise has brought a brilliant product to England, not Germany, France, Italy or Spain. If a plutocrat turned up at our door with bottomless pockets I bet you would suddenly change your tune.

It is because it is so fiercely competitive (good thing) that I have no interest in being promoted - plutocrat scenario excepted
The Prem has moved on from when we were last in it.
It was beginning to sell its soul to the devil back then, now it is the devil.
Are you being a little too critical of the so called good old days?
I believe there was a lot more honest endeavour back then.
Go on then tell me what the offside rule is and when is a foul not a foul and how long is the ball in play today and how many foul throws are ignored and how much cheating and fuckwittery goes on and how much harrasing by players, managers, coaching staff of match officials goes on and that's just for a starter.
Yep it's a marvellous product....not.
Oh and BTW, you're just as likely get a good kicking my a moron high on some shit today as you did back then. Violence hasn't gone away, in fact it's more sinister.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Is this your unpopular opinion? Because its utter shite

Users who are viewing this thread