US Gun Insanity (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Anyone want to paste the article as I ain't agreeing to no one's cookies

Basically some moron let's his 11 year old daughter play with guns but she responsible apparently so everyone should be allowed to carry them.
Sounds sensible if you ignore the 15 thousand gun murders a year.

Brighton Sky Blue

Depends if they're willing to stop calling the guy wanting to do something about it a crazy commie

eastwoodsdustman

Basically some moron let's his 11 year old daughter play with guns but she responsible apparently so everyone should be allowed to carry them.
Yeah but just imagine the carnage if people didn’t have their own guns to defend themselves.

I’m taking the piss btw

Last edited:

Marty

How many thousands of deaths are prevented due to guns.

I fully support the 2nd amendment rights of US citizens.

skybluetony176

How many thousands of deaths are prevented due to guns.

I fully support the 2nd amendment rights of US citizens.
It’s in minus figures.

The fact is in a scenario where a criminal comes up against Joe public have a go hero gun owner it’s almost always the criminal who comes of unscathed. You’re multiple times more likely to be killed with a gun in America if you legally own a gun yourself.

Most common scenario is robbery and burglary when a have a go hero pulls a gun and the more experienced at handling a gun in a fight criminal promptly shoots you before you even realise that in all your excitement you’ve left the safety on.

Accidental shootings. Children for instance in America are 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot (usually by themselves or a sibling) in America than any other developed country in the world. All because they know where daddy keeps his gun and they think it’s a toy.

Suicide. Access to guns means suicide by gunshot is high in America. Now you could argue that they were going to kill themselves anyway and in grown men that’s certainly true as men tend to commit suicide in violent and effective ways. Women and teenagers on the other hand tend to use less violent forms of suicide such as overdose, which has a far lower success rate and many survive, regret, receive treatment and never go on to try again. You can’t do that when you’ve blown your brains out. And suicide in women and teenagers by gun is far far higher again in the US than other developed countries.

You’re buying into an absolute myth.

Marty

It’s in minus figures.

The fact is in a scenario where a criminal comes up against Joe public have a go hero gun owner it’s almost always the criminal who comes of unscathed. You’re multiple times more likely to be killed with a gun in America if you legally own a gun yourself.

Most common scenario is robbery and burglary when a have a go hero pulls a gun and the more experienced at handling a gun in a fight criminal promptly shoots you before you even realise that in all your excitement you’ve left the safety on.

Accidental shootings. Children for instance in America are 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot (usually by themselves or a sibling) in America than any other developed country in the world. All because they know where daddy keeps his gun and they think it’s a toy.

Suicide. Access to guns means suicide by gunshot is high in America. Now you could argue that they were going to kill themselves anyway and in grown men that’s certainly true as men tend to commit suicide in violent and effective ways. Women and teenagers on the other hand tend to use less violent forms of suicide such as overdose, which has a far lower success rate and many survive, regret, receive treatment and never go on to try again. You can’t do that when you’ve blown your brains out. And suicide in women and teenagers by gun is far far higher again in the US than other developed countries.

You’re buying into an absolute myth.

So, what you're saying is, they need better training with firearms, so they can be more 'competitive'. Even after that waffle, which is purely conjecture, I still support the 2nd amendment rights of US citizens.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They're all nutters.

skybluetony176

So, what you're saying is, they need better training with firearms, so they can be more 'competitive'. Even after that waffle, which is purely conjecture, I still support the 2nd amendment rights of US citizens.
No conjecture. You can choose your own opinions but you can’t choose your own facts.

wingy

They're all nutters.
Paranoid society,social media transferring it worldwide I'm afraid.
Example, President reckons he could stroll onto fifth avenue and shoot up everyone without comeuppance.
Yet 2nd amendment nutters invade schools and places of worship to be taken down by 2nd Amendment heroes .
There's a flaw in his warped thinking 'terrorist Trump'.

Philosorapter

I love the place, and I've met some fantastic people but when you get onto this subject you just have to give up because they area absolutely brain washed. The statistics don't lie.
Going by the logic in the article in the OP you'd let 11 year olds drive cars, it's fucking nonsense.

You wait until everyone moves on to tanks for the safer option.

Just searching around for the Onion article which absolutely nails the issue.

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

Brighton Sky Blue

Shags loads of women
Likes guns
Nice hair

hill83

Couldn’t give a fuck to be honest. Never going to live there. Set of lunatics.

Gazolba

You can buy bullets in supermarkets in America.

<snip>
Where did you hear that?
You certainly can't buy them in supermarkets in Arizona.
Maybe Texas, but I lived in Texas for a couple of years and never saw them where I shopped.
You can find them in sporting goods stores though.

Gazolba

I believe the figure you are using also includes accidental deaths and deaths by law-enforcement, so they aren't all murders.
But regardless, most gun deaths in the US are suicides.
That's not an argument for guns, just putting things in perspective.

Ring Of Steel

I believe the figure you are using also includes accidental deaths and deaths by law-enforcement, so they aren't all murders.

You have a country where there are 112 guns for every 100 people, and that country has the highest death rate by gunshot on the planet. More murders by gun, more suicides by gun, more "mass murders" by gun.

You haven't got to be a fucking genius to work out what the problem is, surely?

Brighton Sky Blue

It is pretty difficult to go on a mass stabbing rampage before you are stopped. A mass shooter can inflict far more carnage in far less time and is much harder to apprehend.

Nearly all Americans want universal background checks and a majority support closing loopholes or banning mentally unsound people from owning one. The NRA buying off politicians is to blame for there being no change in the law.

clint van damme

Fairly sure the figure I put doesn't include suicides which I think out numbers gun murders though it still ask serious questions about availability. It may include deaths involving law enforcement, I'd have to check that.

hill83

To be fair. I half get it. Middle of nowhere massive country police 45 minutes away protect yourself.

But the retards making a point by bringing a rifle to a town centre to go shopping aren’t doing it for protection. They are making a point and it’s embarrassing as fuck.

clint van damme

Where did you hear that?
You certainly can't buy them in supermarkets in Arizona.
Maybe Texas, but I lived in Texas for a couple of years and never saw them where I shopped.
You can find them in sporting goods stores though.

I love the signs on bar door in Texas no open carry.
If someone as got a gun I want it swinging from a holster where I can see it so I can get as far away from the maniac as possible

ccfc92

In the words of DJ Khaled...

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread