Venus interview (1 Viewer)

davebart

Robins left when he was still on a high but TM showed that with no investment even he could do nothing.

Sick Boy

Robins left when he was still on a high but TM showed that with no investment even he could do nothing.

Apart from get us to the top of the table? The collapse during the second half of the season was down to him. Your first point is completely irrelevant.

torchomatic

Mmm...I think TM had quite a hand in his own downfall.

higgs

Mmm...I think TM had quite a hand in his own downfall.
The signings were shite and the retained players were shite and he didn't know what system we were playing. Last year he saw how the league runs and what way teams play that's why I can't understand how wrong he got it TM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

We were told exactly the same before Thorn was sacked and Robins came in. We were also told they would only fund the likes of Hockaday but then brought in Mowbray.

Both managers that worked out well and had glowing things to say about the state of the club. Good point well made.

skybluetony176

SP managed a short spell of success, TM managed a short spell of success, MR wasn't here long enough to fall on his sword but personally I have no doubt that he too would have had a short period of success followed by failure.

This club is not an environment that breeds long term success, it's as simple as that. And that comes from the top, that's their failure not successive managers. It's a pattern that is set to continue with a continuing spiralling down of the club unless something changes at the top. Keep blaming the outgoing manager if you like. I'm sure those at the top appreciate the distraction from the real issue.

higgs

We need steve cotteril in fast to see what dead wood we have before he can get a few hard fukrs in suited to this league. When u see fleetwood com afc wimbledon knocking on the door of the playoffs it makes it harder to accept

steve82

Although Slades has been sacked his compensation package requires him to remain unemployed until January 1st else he loses all rights to receive it. It's a contractual clause regarding the compensation.

Thanks for that.
if this is so there is nothing stopping him from watching us now in a form of scouting exercise to see more about this club. He maybe if he's interested in the job.
The main thing is whoever the new man is he needs as much time to assess the job and more importantly scour the market....
A monster job on every aspect which if a new man walks in cold... it's over from the start.
I fear the sky cameras will make any interested man run from the job tho more

Skyblue_LDN

I found it quite painful to listen too. Actually felt sorry for the guy, the comments on parish meetings and housing projects seem to have cut quite deeply

higgs

06367299f828d3f6ec32f765217a2b1a.jpg

higgs

Is that stance his answer to the question 'Just how big are Fisher's porkies?'
It's how big our new stadium needs to be with how much our attendances have dropped under the current regime

Otis

It's how big our new stadium needs to be with how much our attendances have dropped under the current regime

Just happy it's nothing to do with penises, cos the last thing we need at this club is another big cock.

robbiekeane

Breeds this cultivates that, heart this soul that

Fuck off. it's not a field and it's not a person. It's a results based business and the last three managers have been dog shit and TM the most frustrating of the lot. Get this donkey out the door and a decent manager in to stop us slipping to a new 50 year low.

chinamans view

When they talk like he did in his after match chat on CWR how do they get employed, I cant believe they get past the interview stage for the boot room never mind manager

Terry Gibson's perm

I found it quite painful to listen too. Actually felt sorry for the guy, the comments on parish meetings and housing projects seem to have cut quite deeply

He must have known when he agreed to go that the fans hate anything to do with the owners he should not have gone or had time to go to housing meetings.

Warwickhunt

Thanks for that.
if this is so there is nothing stopping him from watching us now in a form of scouting exercise to see more about this club. He maybe if he's interested in the job.
The main thing is whoever the new man is he needs as much time to assess the job and more importantly scour the market....
A monster job on every aspect which if a new man walks in cold... it's over from the start.
I fear the sky cameras will make any interested man run from the job tho more
be intrested to see which prospect is in the stands on thursday? unfortunately i am not able to make it! bloody thursday i as you!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

He must have known when he agreed to go that the fans hate anything to do with the owners he should not have gone or had time to go to housing meetings.
He said in the interview he only want to do football so why did he go as for the pain he feels at losing like that its nothing compared to ours he can walk away its a job to him its a lifelong passion to us.

singers_pore

Venus says he is only here for the football side of things (not houses at Ryton). However, he also says that he shouldn't be the manager. So what the fuck does he want to do here? Scrub the boots?

Astute

Venus says he is only here for the football side of things (not houses at Ryton). However, he also says that he shouldn't be the manager. So what the fuck does he want to do here? Scrub the boots?
I thought it was a strange thing to say. If he was with us just for football reasons why would he think about other things when being interviewed about football?

Gazolba

He just needs to pick the best formation (I favour 4-4-2) and then the best player for each position.
Why when Sordelll and McBean worked so well together (relatively speaking), did he change things?

Captain Dart

I thought it was a strange thing to say. If he was with us just for football reasons why would he think about other things when being interviewed about football?
It was strange that he became a Director there are other responsibilities a Director has.. he can't say he does 'football only'.
TBH he comes across as a little niave in this respect, he should take advice if he is unsure & not from Tim Fisher :p
Duties of limited company directors
The Companies Act 2006 outlines the statutory duties of company directors as seven general duties;
  1. Duty to act within your powers as a company director
  2. Duty to promote the success of your company
  3. Duty to exercise independent judgement
  4. Duty to exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence
  5. Duty to avoid conflicts of interest
  6. Duty not to accept benefits from third parties
  7. Duty to declare interest in proposed transaction or arrangement with the company

Last edited:

oucho

I thought it was odd that when TM left, Clapham went as well but not Venus. IIRC, when SP left his sidekick McFarland stayed on; same thing happened when Boothroyd went (can't remember the name of the assistant who stayed on with AT).

Otis

I thought it was odd that when TM left, Clapham went as well but not Venus. IIRC, when SP left his sidekick McFarland stayed on; same thing happened when Boothroyd went (can't remember the name of the assistant who stayed on with AT).
One of the Chuckle Brothers?

davebart

Apart from get us to the top of the table? The collapse during the second half of the season was down to him. Your first point is completely irrelevant.
My point is that we are in a worse position now than we were when both of those were appointed. They have come and gone and we just keep going down.
Robins left when he had temporarily improved us. Our downward trend continued.
TM might have gone when he was in a good position. I bet he wishes he had gone then. He was dragged down with us. As is Venus and as will anyone else who rocks up.

torchomatic

My point is that we are in a worse position now than we were when both of those were appointed. They have come and gone and we just keep going down.
Robins left when he had temporarily improved us. Our downward trend continued.
TM might have gone when he was in a good position. I bet he wishes he had gone then. He was dragged down with us. As is Venus and as will anyone else who rocks up.

Still don't agree with the TM thing. He knew the budget but he messed the recruitment up. He hedged his bets and it backfired. '

Users who are viewing this thread