Vik and or Hamer? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Everyone talks about Vik and rightly so. He could well be off to the prem this summer. But Hamer is one I'm more worried about. His form right now is back to his best and I fear he could follow Vik to the prem.
But on the positive side we could be loking at 25/30m for those two combined. A large chunk of that would ensure top replacements and a bit more rebuilding besides.
I would rather see the dream of Vik and Hamer in the prem with us, and certain Mr O'Hare back on it too!

covcity4life

30m combined? Vik is worth that alone

Hamer should bring in 10m too!

At least!

For now let's enjoy them for 4(or maybe 7) more games.

Hey if we go on a 7 game win streak we will be a premier League team next season! No doubt!

Hertsccfc

Many dick heads on here havnt rared him fir the 3 years he been here. Saw the £1m talent from minute one. Unbelievable player. For me been the first player I'd pick in the team. Still so much more to come from him too.
Yes in my view he has been our best player in all of those three seasons and this year has taken it to a different level. We will really miss him when he has gone, more than Gyokeres, who is of course also a great player.

PVA

Gyokeres, Hamer, O'Hare and Sheaf cost a combined ~£3m, so whilst I obviously don't want to see Vik and Hamer leave, I'd quite like to see what Robins could do with, say, £10m to spend.

pusbccfc

Can't think of many better midfielders in the division than Hamer.

I'd argue that those two, plus Sheaf and O'Hare prior to the injury, are four of the best players in this division.

The frustration is that we are carrying a lot of others who are a long way behind them. 2 or 3 experienced Championship players in the summer and we'd be right up there.

pusbccfc

Hamer is decent, but no better than a fully fit Liam Walsh. Vik is far far harder to replace.

That's the issue, he's not been fit and hasn't had much game time at this level.

He's 25 and played about 25 times in the Championship. Hamer is proven far better.

Walsh did look great last week against us though.

EalingSB

While Vik is excellent, Hamer is proper box office and the player I’ve most enjoyed watching over the last 15 years or so. So fortunate to have the two of them in the same team. Wouldn’t begrudge either of them moving on after the effort they’ve put in.

baldy

While Vik is excellent, Hamer is proper box office and the player I’ve most enjoyed watching over the last 15 years or so. So fortunate to have the two of them in the same team. Wouldn’t begrudge either of them moving on after the effort they’ve put in.

Hamer’s been with us 15 years? Blimey

NortonSkyBlue

Can't think of many better midfielders in the division than Hamer.

I'd argue that those two, plus Sheaf and O'Hare prior to the injury, are four of the best players in this division.

The frustration is that we are carrying a lot of others who are a long way behind them. 2 or 3 experienced Championship players in the summer and we'd be right up there.
Like we are now for example

Blind-Faith

We will be talking about Sheaf in the same way this time next year aswell.

Now Hamer has cut out the stupid bookings he is an absolute joy to watch. If we don’t go up, Vik will be gone but I reckon we’ve got a small chance of keeping Hamer 🤞

Hertsccfc

We will be talking about Sheaf in the same way this time next year aswell.

Now Hamer has cut out the stupid bookings he is an absolute joy to watch. If we don’t go up, Vik will be gone but I reckon we’ve got a small chance of keeping Hamer 🤞
Sheaf is good player but not in the same class as Hamer or Gyokeres.

Ashdown

People talk about the £ 25-30m we could receive but the skeptic in me and long standing CCFC fan at that has seen only a fraction of that money traditionally reinvested over the years. Rebuilding with short notice can be a nightmare, especially when other Club’s know you have funds to spend.

Astute

People talk about the £ 25-30m we could receive but the skeptic in me and long standing CCFC fan at that has seen only a fraction of that money traditionally reinvested over the years. Rebuilding with short notice can be a nightmare, especially when other Club’s know you have funds to spend.
Clubs try it on all the time with valuations. A club that's known to have money will usually be quoted more. But a club desperate for cash will normally accept less for better payment terms. And a lot of clubs are desperate for cash.

50% of any funds raised would be massive. With a few decent loans you could build a good side to complement those already here.

And 12m to help secure our Clubs future.

The Philosopher

It’s alarming how player valuations fluctuate.

I’m sure at the beginning of the season posters were called “clueless” for suggesting Hamer might be worth £5m or Vik (with 2 years on contract at the time) £7m

Hamer is really coming into his own and there can’t be many attacking midfielders with his defensive cover and interception ability.

With Cal out, it looks like Eccles and Sheaf sit back and it allows Gus to bomb forward. Not sure he did this as much with O’Hare in; I think he lined back a little to cover the breaks.

I’ve no doubt some stat-scouts and wiser minds have picked up on this.

If Vik goes, Robins could do worse than build a team around Hamer and get pace players who can run onto his through balls and (I’ll say it so the muppets can embarrass themselves) maybe some heading ability to get on the end of his set plays.

Grendel

Sheaf is good player but not in the same class as Hamer or Gyokeres.

He’s a different player obviously but probably as important - made a better impact since returning - seems suited to the 3 man midfield

Hertsccfc

He’s a different player obviously but probably as important - made a better impact since returning - seems suited to the 3 man midfield
Disagree on the first point. We didn't miss Sheaf that much when he was out but we'd be a much weaker team without Hamer. Our bad start was mainly due to Hamer being largely unavailable due to suspensions.

Agree that the current formation suits Sheaf. I think he is more than just a defensive midfielder as we have used him to date. Eccles in that role gives Sheaf a licence to have more influence going forward.

Grendel

Disagree on the first point. We didn't miss Sheaf that much when he was out but we'd be a much weaker team without Hamer. Our bad start was mainly due to Hamer being largely unavailable due to suspensions.

Agree that the current formation suits Sheaf. I think he is more than just a defensive midfielder as we have used him to date. Eccles in that role gives Sheaf a licence to have more influence going forward.

The only defeat when he had a ban after Birmingham was the home game against Burnley

steve101

Is there anything Hamer doesn't have in his locker, now he has become more disciplined? Goals, assists, set-play delivery, decent in the air for his size, energy, acceleration, running with the ball, range of passing, right and left foot assists, awareness, pressing, tracking. I am trying to think of the last time we had someone as multi-skilled.
This season he has added running with the ball more often to his game, which gives him and the team extra options. With regards his discipline I think he has improved this positionally as well as reducing careless yellow cards.
Because of his attacking prowess, and the availability of Sheaf and Eccles, he suits that attacking midfielder role.

Speedie's Head

They're only worth what someone is willing to pay. If they won't extend their contracts then neither is worth a great deal because we will be forced to sell. It is a concern that Hamer hasn't signed.

EalingSB

Is there anything Hamer doesn't have in his locker, now he has become more disciplined? Goals, assists, set-play delivery, decent in the air for his size, energy, acceleration, running with the ball, range of passing, right and left foot assists, awareness, pressing, tracking. I am trying to think of the last time we had someone as multi-skilled.
This season he has added running with the ball more often to his game, which gives him and the team extra options. With regards his discipline I think he has improved this positionally as well as reducing careless yellow cards.
Because of his attacking prowess, and the availability of Sheaf and Eccles, he suits that attacking midfielder role.
Great post.

Users who are viewing this thread