Villa lose 8-0?????? (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Dream scenario: Villa get relegated, CCFC promoted... We can dream! Definitely going to that one away!

Astute

We were big rivals of Villa when I started going to away games in the early 80's. So were the other Brum sides though. Wasn't about football though.

If you lived in a big city with several teams and had a fair few more quite local who would you count as your biggest rivals?

SkyblueBazza

To be fair I d have preferred a win yesterday. Villa don t really register with me anymore

...so would I - but we didn't get one 8-0 brings much festive fun though. My colleagues ensure the Vile are always registered with me so SOTV & enjoy!

SkyblueBazza

I've never got the rivalry with them anyway. I'm sure it's one sided.

For me it stems from a long line of talent tempted away from us, living ' working among their fan's smugness...especially post European success ( though I did want them to win it), all those defeats & draws, all the "We're considerably bigger than you" & "richer" etc comments. By all means be indifferent or even offer condolences yourself, but let me have my moment - leave me alone & let me enjoy it!

Block19

I still see villa as our local rivals as we are both West Midlands clubs, I couldn't care what Leicester do and have always felt that Leicester have been our poor mans replacement for villa ever since we've been relegated. The day we beat villa at home for the first time and when we beat them at villa park in the fa cup for me ranks along side the fa cup final in great wins. Nice early Christmas present watching them lose 8-0.

kdrinkell

I can't believe some of the fucking comments on here
I was there on 6th May 2001 when Villa beat us,they were laughing their heads off that we were down (mathematically we weren't until the following week) and they still do now.
Them cretins got McLeish booted out because they think they are big time and deserve better,I am ecstatic that they were whipped,we were bad at times in the premiership but never EIGHT NIL bad its made my Christmas I hope we sing about it at MK
532469_4862623079023_1843753109_n_zps4b594700.jpg

62089_532484103437123_1207476566_n_zps5d4f7172.jpg

D

Deleted member 4232

Haha sing about another teams results at one of our league 1 games. God I hope not, our 'chants' are already woeful.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Just been to the shop to get the stock cubes for Christmas Lunch. They had:
  • Red ones- Beef Stock
  • Yellow ones- Chicken Stock
  • Claret and Blues ones-box of 8- Laughing Stock....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brighton Sky Blue

I was brought up to hate the Villa and it was purely geographical. Coupled with the consensus that Brummies can't stand their little neighbours having success (in general, not just football).

D

Deleted member 4232

Are you for real or just naieve ?

Absolutely for real. Singing about a premier league game involving a club that couldn't care less about us, at one of our league 1 games, I repeat, league 1 games, would be embarrassing for only 1 party. Us. Anyhow, fuck off, its Christmas.

kdrinkell

Absolutely for real. Singing about a premier league game involving a club that couldn't care less about us, at one of our league 1 games, I repeat, league 1 games, would be embarrassing for only 1 party. Us. Anyhow, fuck off, its Christmas.
What did Santa bring you ? A brand new keyboard to warrior on ?

D

Deleted member 4232

We won 1-3 away at Stevenage today. Just thought you guys should know.

Macca

Still gives me pleasure but not the same as it used to be. If we were back in the same league I'd soon get into it again. Next year maybe

kg82

We won 1-3 away at Stevenage today. Just thought you guys should know.

And there seems to be a lot of people discussing that on the Cov bit. Hint: if you don't want to read or discuss anything to do with Aston Villa don't open threads with anything such as Aston Villa, Villa, Vile etc etc in the title that is posted in the football and other sports bit.

D

Deleted member 4232

And there seems to be a lot of people discussing that on the Cov bit. Hint: if you don't want to read or discuss anything to do with Aston Villa don't open threads with anything such as Aston Villa, Villa, Vile etc etc in the title that is posted in the football and other sports bit.

Initially, if you look back, my argument was about this being in , CCFC General Chat. I comeback now because you nancies keep dragging me in with notifications.

You're all fighting a lost battle. Laughing and pointing at a club that doesn't even bother with you. Even the 'workmate banter' I bet, is one sided, and started by the metaphorical chihuahuas that are fans like you.

Does it make you all feel better laughing at a premier league club and a lost rivalry, in a way that it takes you back to 'those days'?

Fact is, you could wear a coventry shirt to any pub in Birmingham and no one would even double-take.

G'night. I'll read your replies in the morning. Will be interesting to read what you say to my points.

D

Deleted member 4232

Nick,why is their a section on football and other sports if we cannot discuss them ?

Who said you can't discuss it? Admin moved the thread here, they didnt close it, and Nick just gave his point of view with it.

I'm discussing it too, I'm just making people mad because I don't agree with everyone. I find the rivalry lost, tacky and embarrassingly one-sided.

kg82

Initially, if you look back, my argument was about this being in , CCFC General Chat. I comeback now because you nancies keep dragging me in with notifications.

You're all fighting a lost battle. Laughing and pointing at a club that doesn't even bother with you. Even the 'workmate banter' I bet, is one sided, and started by the metaphorical chihuahuas that are fans like you.

Does it make you all feel better laughing at a premier league club and a lost rivalry, in a way that it takes you back to 'those days'?

Fact is, you could wear a coventry shirt to any pub in Birmingham and no one would even double-take.

G'night. I'll read your replies in the morning. Will be interesting to read what you say to my points.

Calm down. I don't discuss Villa regularly, I discuss them at the moment because they're doing awful and I've been brought up with that rivalry. I don't like Villa, I'll never like Villa, I like when they don't do well, I don't obsess over them and I feel I can discuss them at times like these because of the rivalry I grew up with. I'm not even trying to change your mind on the matter, yet you attack me because I told you not to read anything Villa related. Have your opinions, don't take the piss with bullcrap statement's like "metaphorical chihuahuas" and think that gives you some sort of superiority with your football beliefs over mine.

D

Deleted member 4232

Calm down? I'm yawning

Meh, I've not attacked you. I've just questioned the rivalry and played it down. You didn't like my comment likening our supporters, in this rivalry scenario, to a small yapping dog? I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings.

All of the other points I've made, that have gone unchallenged, will be seen as agreed with until explained otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread