Waggott: We made a bid for Norwood (2 Viewers)

sky blue john

If the fickers have made an offer then they must know the budget and if they know the budget the wan kers can file the accounts.
I rest my case!!!!

skybluesam66

spoke to an ex player today - next 10 days for bidders to put up or shut up (quite a gap in valuation at the moment) if nothing happens, sisu wont take us into next season

Nonleagueherewecome

spoke to an ex player today - next 10 days for bidders to put up or shut up (quite a gap in valuation at the moment) if nothing happens, sisu wont take us into next season

Meaning liquidation?

torchomatic

torchomatic

Last edited:

torchomatic

It's not that we want liquidation but where are they leading us at the moment? It seems a simple fact that unless a deal is done very soon then we are done for. So the outcome is the same. I don't want liquidation, but if that happens then I would rather support and new CCFC than continue to support a regime that has destroyed our club and whose interests are so self serving.

valiant15

People would still take the positives out of even that macca,i find the situation we are in ie 3rd tier an absolute disgrace.

sky blue john

AFC Coventry option is looking a better proposition every further day sisu are in charge. surely if we had a team a couple below the conference and invested our season ticket money in this venture im sure it would be more enjoyable than our current plight.

dongonzalos

If there is any truth in this story. I personally do not think it is a realistic approach. Norwood for his own development and the fact he has just cracked the NI team needs to ply his trade in the Championship.

However lets just say Norwood has said to the club come and get me. I would drive Bigi to Newcastle pick up the 800k cheque and then on the way back past Manchester I would hand it to UTD and pick up Norwood. This is the only way it could work.

However the two problems are :

SISU would want 200k to go to UTD. 600k to go to their secret investers.

On our way back from Newcastle, Burnley would be panicked into action and would sign him. We would lose Bigi and SISU would have a legitimate excuse for selling Bigi saying Norwood had given them a verbal yes and they are now shocked and feel let down that a footballer backtracked on a verbal agreement :D

Steve.B50

Lest be honest with ouselves, Norwood is far to good to come to us.
SISU are just trying to get a few more season tickets sold.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
City can't see the wood for the trees............ We've had Westwood, Eastwood, Norwood and as Astute comments, soon we'll be getting Driftwood! Just hope we don't get confused with Forest!! :D

Godiva

I would drive Bigi to Newcastle pick up the 800k cheque and then on the way back past Manchester I would hand it to UTD and pick up Norwood. This is the only way it could work.

However the two problems are :

SISU would want 200k to go to UTD. 600k to go to their secret investers.

Really? That is quite a statement that suggests you know more about the clubs financial affairs than even OSB does.
When did the club start to pay anything back to the investors?

dongonzalos

OSB

Quick question I appreciate you have a great knowledge of how businesses are ran and book keeping proceedures etc..

I know you have some kind an alert set up notifying you when SISU take any sort of significant action with companies house.

Have you been able to see all of SISU's financial transactions since they have come to Coventry.

If they paid a penny back to their investors would you be aware of it?

Is there methods in which they can get around disclosing payments made to the shareholders or would they have to be open and tranparent and record this somewhere.

Are we able to see these records? Or could they record either in a manner we would not see, or in a place we would not have access to.

Could these payments be made under the guise of something else etc..
A bit like footballers getting binuses to avoid tax instead of salariers if you know what I am getting at.

Basically what I am asking is can we say with 100 % total confidence that SISU have not paid a penny back to their investors?

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Don thats not one question :)

OSB

Quick question I appreciate you have a great knowledge of how businesses are ran and book keeping proceedures etc..

I know you have some kind an alert set up notifying you when SISU take any sort of significant action with companies house.

Have you been able to see all of SISU's financial transactions since they have come to Coventry. no that would mean being able to see all the books and records and I have no right to that access

If they paid a penny back to their investors would you be aware of it? think you have to take the net effect... if the loans are going up it is logical to think that the investors have not been repaid as they are the source of finance - i can only rely on what is in the audited accounts which have to make certain disclosures by law

Is there methods in which they can get around disclosing payments made to the shareholders or would they have to be open and tranparent and record this somewhere.details should be disclosed in the accounts

Are we able to see these records? Or could they record either in a manner we would not see, or in a place we would not have access to.no legal entitlement to see anything other than what is filed at company house - we are not ordinary shareholders so no right of inspection of even the statutory books

Could these payments be made under the guise of something else etc..
A bit like footballers getting binuses to avoid tax instead of salariers if you know what I am getting at. any transaction would be with a related party and should be disclosed

Basically what I am asking is can we say with 100 % total confidence that SISU have not paid a penny back to their investors?
no we cant be because we havent seen the 2011 accounts or any info since then

hope that helps. we can only rely on what we know the rest is only opinion or guess work. last info we know is the 2010 accounts

coundonskyblue

Don thats not one question :)

no we cant be because we havent seen the 2011 accounts or any info since then

hope that helps. we can only rely on what we know the rest is only opinion or guess work. last info we know is the 2010 accounts

Hypothetical question then - Had the minority shareholders that Sisu forced into giving up their shares not done so, would they have been able to inspect all aspects of the Club's financial transactions?

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's not forget that in order for the FL to lift our embargo, they have to ratify the accounts themselves and be satisfied all is present and correct. The longer we leave it, the more room for suspicion there becomes-though knowing what the FL are like they'll accept whatever's put in front of them.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
nope they have the right to inspect the statutory records at an agreed place and time. thats minutes of shareholder meetings, directors appointments etc ....... not the cash book or sales ledger

Sterling Archer

Is there any news or murmurings coming from anywhere that:
a) why the transfer embargo hasn't been lifted yet?
b) Whats the hold up with regards to (a)
c) When it will eventually be lifted?

Nonleagueherewecome

City can't see the wood for the trees............ We've had Westwood, Eastwood, Norwood and as Astute comments, soon we'll be getting Driftwood! Just hope we don't get confused with Forest!! :D

And of course, Clive "The Tree" Platt!

CovLis86

Norwood did like tweeting a lot whilst he was here. Anybody tried sending him a tweet, seeing if he can confirm if Coventry have made a bid for him or not. There would be no problem with him saying "yes they have" as SISU have already released to the press that they have. Be interesting to hear his response....

ccfcway

they may well of put a bid in, as they did for ALF

They could have bid £100k, knowing he is worth more and they either get him at a giveaway price or get knocked back.

Either way they win...A cheap player or a "we tried" comment, which is what has come out today !

Gray

Norwood did like tweeting a lot whilst he was here. Anybody tried sending him a tweet, seeing if he can confirm if Coventry have made a bid for him or not. There would be no problem with him saying "yes they have" as SISU have already released to the press that they have. Be interesting to hear his response....

he's been a bit quiet since he said and then deleted that he was leaving Man Utd

shmmeee

I'd let Keogh go if it meant we could afford Norwood to be honest, we need a CM far more than a CB at the moment. Wood and Cranie would still be probably the best CB pairing in the league next season and Thomas and Norwood looks good in the middle too.

That's a big if though, more likely the Keogh money goes on the leccy bill, we can't afford anyone and Cranie leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread