Wasps downward spiral... (3 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s pretty important what the money is for and payment terms as surely they can’t be expecting a gift.

CCFC54321

Watching that my take was the atmosphere wasn’t great in the chambers looking at the facial expressions and body language as the elephant in the room was brought up.

Duggins I thought felt uncomfortable about it and I felt he was obligated to discuss this but with a “Oh for fucks sake I’m tired of this/what are you doing to me London wasps!” expression.

I can’t see them getting the £13m personally as this is a step to far.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Watching that my take was the atmosphere wasn’t great in the chambers looking at the facial expressions and body language as the elephant in the room was brought up.

Duggins I thought felt uncomfortable about it and I felt he was obligated to discuss this but with a “Oh for fucks sake I’m tired of this/what are you doing to me London wasps!” expression.

I can’t see them getting the £13m personally as this is a step to far.

Interesting. I was looking at the body language and thinking it was more like 'just shut up and let me give them the 13 million quietly'.

Then again he, and they, have previous. Could be leaning my view a bit.

Peter Billing Eyes

You of all people know it hasn't as I've been reading all the gloats and speculation :) and the more sensible insightful stuff from OSB. Im happy to wait until we really know whats going on ! Although if there is something meaningful to discuss I'll discuss it ..... but right now there isn't.
A sensible option would be for you return when you’ve had your bed bath and stopped focussing on the cleaner before engaging in sporting dialog.

Seems like Simon Gilbert has shot his bolt ….. Just enough to get you guys all excited and speculating again as well as put Nicks clicks through the roof and then it’s all gone quiet 😂 …. I guess you are all waiting for the bond deadline on the 30th ….. will definitely be interesting to see what happens next week.

Even Grendel has gone quiet on the Wasps forum.

Brighton Sky Blue

Seems like Simon Gilbert has shot his bolt ….. Just enough to get you guys all excited and speculating again as well as put Nicks clicks through the roof and then it’s all gone quiet 😂 …. I guess you are all waiting for the bond deadline on the 30th ….. will definitely be interesting to see what happens next week.

Was there a power outage in Dubai?

Grendel

I got bored with the complete nonsense on there

I’ve said I think you’ll get the funding but as Kent Wasp on the forum says is that the business is unsustainable and it will be just a delay of an inevitable closure of the non rugby side of the business

chiefdave

Why? Nothing has changed has it unless I've missed something. Wasps are still trying to get public money and haven't said under what pretence, there's still no information on how they are going to fund the bond repayment or when it will happen.

RegTheDonk

He's reported it and moved onto the next item, Brum Airport chief with a big wage hike. That's what journos do, they report whats going on. He won't keep shaking that bone as being selective gets you a rep of, at best, non impartiality. I expect once it becomes news (ie CCC sign over a cheque or Wasps go tits up) Simon and the local media will report the facts. Well, you would expect them to.

Sky Blue Pete

He's reported it and moved onto the next item, Brum Airport chief with a big wage hike. That's what journos do, they report whats going on. He won't keep shaking that bone as being selective gets you a rep of, at best, non impartiality. I expect once it becomes news (ie CCC sign over a cheque or Wasps go tits up) Simon and the local media will report the facts. Well, you would expect them to.
He’s still on it much more to come out me thinks

Philosorapter

Hi Dubai, welcome back.

Whilst you're here, I was wondering if you would answer some queries or comments made from wasps fans about the move to Coventry.

The final betrayal of your long suffering fans. You took Wasps an hour down the M40 to the far end of a trading estate and wondered why your crowds went down .You now use this as an excuse to move into the midlands, even farther away. You are presumably hoping to take support from Lecester and Northants. You are committing commercial suicide. Wasps are a WEST LONDON club. Wake up before you destroy the club I have supported for 25 years or more.

Moff

je

I think we were talking about this long before Simon raised his head, and you were sent by the pests on a fishing expedition.

The Wasps forum is exceedingly poor, aside from the likes of your good self, why would anyone post on there.

I have a pseudonym on there, Wasps fans seem to like me, I raise valid criticisms about your club and the move, but because I haven't linked myself to CCFC your lot don't seem to froth and act objectively. Its amazing that if you think I'm not a CCFC fan you can take the criticism of what a complete basket case your club really is.

je

I think we were talking about this long before Simon raised his head, and you were sent by the pests on a fishing expedition.

The Wasps forum is exceedingly poor, aside from the likes of your good self, why would anyone post on there.

I have a pseudonym on there, Wasps fans seem to like me, I raise valid criticisms about your club and the move, but because I haven't linked myself to CCFC your lot don't seem to froth and act objectively. Its amazing that if you think I'm not a CCFC fan you can take the criticism of what a complete basket case your club really is.

I think in fairness anyone who posts constructively is fine whether from CCFC or not, there are a few posters that support CCFC. Yes it’s an old school forum and many have moved on for various reasons so traffic is very low and of course before anyone says it rugby is not popular !

Hi Dubai, welcome back.

Whilst you're here, I was wondering if you would answer some queries or comments made from wasps fans about the move to Coventry.

what do you want me to answer ? It’s not a question. It’s a comment written by one long standing Wasps supporter (who I happen to know ) That is his view that he’s posted publicly.

Philosorapter

what do you want me to answer ? It’s not a question. It’s a comment written by one long standing Wasps supporter (who I happen to know ) That is his view that he’s posted publicly.

Have another comment from a wasp fan then, there are plenty to go around.

I have been a season ticket holder since 1978. The club will be unrecognizable from its history in two or three years. Not only is the decision not in the interests of Wasps, the way supporters have ben kept in the dark, and treated with disdain, is despicable. I will not ne renewing my season ticket and I won't be travelling to Coventry.

Philosorapter

Or this comment from another fan of Wasps.

Wasps are marketed as a community club, I've supported them through their darkest hour and will continue to support them, however Once a Wasps always a Wasp. is the cubs tag. This is now meaningless. There taking the club away from its fans. No consultation with fans. disgraceful

Or this comment from another fan of Wasps.

Yeah lots of comments from Wasps supporters opposed to the move ….. there were lots opposed to the move ….. many didn’t follow the club to Cov. ….. not really anything earth shattering about these comments….. do you think you are posting something new that nobody has seen before ?

chiefdave

Are they ? I genuinely don’t know if they are still trying any more than you do.
Have you got anything to suggest Wasps are no longer seeking public money as I haven't seen that reported anywhere. In fact the only mention I've seen in the last few days is the possibility of funding from Coventry Council.

Philosorapter

Yeah lots of comments from Wasps supporters opposed to the move ….. there were lots opposed to the move ….. many didn’t follow the club to Cov. ….. not really anything earth shattering about these comments….. do you think you are posting something new that nobody has seen before ?

Here is another comment which isn't that really earth-shattering, but showing the feeling from a wasps supporter.

Enjoy...

incredible disregard for fans who have made an enormous emotional and financial investment in an historic and proud club......absolutely disgusting.

oldfiver

Not everyone airs what they know on here. 🤫

Have you got anything to suggest Wasps are no longer seeking public money as I haven't seen that reported anywhere. In fact the only mention I've seen in the last few days is the possibility of funding from Coventry Council.

like I said I don’t know what the situation is either way. As we all know Simon Gilbert has reported some kind of application has been made for £13m …… I don’t know if that is still current or what it’s for … we can obviously all speculate as many have. But very little is really known just yet.

Philosorapter

like I said I don’t know what the situation is either way. As we all know Simon Gilbert has reported some kind of application has been made for £13m …… I don’t know if that is still current or what it’s for … we can obviously all speculate as many have. But very little is really known just yet.

We do know how wasps fans felt like over the move. What about the children, Dubai. Was there any thought for the local kids in the move?

Really disappointed and firmly believed doomed to failure competing in an area with Leicester and Northampton. Kids both play at the Wasps amateur club and gutted that won't have a team to support and watch.

Here is another comment which isn't that really earth-shattering, but showing the feeling from a wasps supporter.

Enjoy...

Again, yes very strong feelings but nothing new I’m afraid.

I’m not really sure what your point is because nobody has ever denied many were unhappy and opposed to the club moving !

Grendel

The council have admitted the application so Gilbert is irrelevant

Philosorapter

Again, yes very strong feelings but nothing new I’m afraid.

I’m not really sure what your point is because nobody has ever denied many were unhappy and opposed to the club moving !

No point, just wonder if you had any empathy for your fellow wasp fans.

My association with Wasps began in1962 and I have supported them during their times at Sudbury, Loftus Road and Adams Park. I am a season ticket holder and also go to as many away matches as possible. I am not prepared to make the journey to the soulless stadium at Coventry to watch home matches and I will certainly not be renewing my season ticket. We have always been a London club and I will probably only watch them at away matches v London clubs. I am amazed that this decision to move has been taken by people who haven't been associated with the club as long as a lot of their most loyal supporters - and at no time have our views been sought. So disappointing - the whole character and ethos of the club will be lost and gone forever. Once a Wasps, always a Wasp, but not in Coventry!

Reactions: vow

Liquid Gold

6 days until the deadline after the deadline.

Will the bondholders allow them to delay again, will CCC lend them the money, will they sell assets or are they fucked?

The council have admitted the application so Gilbert is irrelevant
OK fair enough….. substitute Simon Gilbert for ‘council’ in my post …… Same applies, still don’t know what’s it’s for or whether it continues although it’s probably reasonable to assume it is but who knows !

Users who are viewing this thread