Wasps downward spiral... (14 Viewers)

clint van damme

Can anyone think of another 'journalist' who has restrictions on who can reply to their tweets?

slyblue57

fuck all. As far as I can make out the only venues that have had money are the CBS, the athletics stadium which has essentially been rebuilt, and a new aquatics centre. There's a clear legacy with the last two, not sure how putting a new front on the CBS will benefit taxpayers.
Over thinking there. It benefits London Wasps , what more could the Council want ?

Terry Gibson's perm

No sympathy for the bond holders greedy bastards hopefully they have another shitty month wondering when and if they will get anything back.

Grendel

No sympathy for the bond holders greedy bastards hopefully they have another shitty month wondering when and if they will get anything back.

Couldnt some be in pension funds?

Terry Gibson's perm

Possibly but if it was part of my fund it would be tiny, the individual investors deserve to lose they will mostly be rich people trying to get richer pure greed I wonder how our old friend Italia feels😉

Gynnsthetonic

Out of the initial 35m investment wasn't this used to pay the interest payments and pay back Richardsons loan, the Wasp company is insolvent, do not know why HSBC would be willing to loan money whether Wasp get the grant or not.

Gynnsthetonic

They've said they now expect the Bonds to be paid on or before 12th August while due diligence takes place from HSBC, that's the statement they said in May about being paid on or before 30th June. This could just go on and on.

MalcSB

They've said they now expect the Bonds to be paid on or before 12th August while due diligence takes place from HSBC, that's the statement they said in May about being paid on or before 30th June. This could just go on and on.
Something has probably come up in the due diligence carried out so far - like the need for repairs to the principal asset.

jordan210

What ever happened to the money they got given to make part of the stadium a Judo arena or some shite like that.

Sky Blue Harry H

Late to the party, but if I've understood it right, HSBC will probably give Wasps a loan, if they get a W Mids grant to repair 'their' stadium. I assume interest repayments on any loan will be increasing month on month at the moment (inflation increasing all the time). Even if they get the loan, surely they are going to be getting squeezed further regarding income/expenditure. Can't see why anybody would be happy giving them a loan based on their current trajectory. Presumably they can't use the stadium as a guarantee, as I thought the Council ought to have a view/stake in that?

MalcSB

The guarantors are wasps Holdings and Arena Coventry Limited. I thought ACL managed the Arena, not owned it. However, bond holders seem to think the Arena itself is the collateral.

chiefdave

I find it bizarre. This isn't borrowing a tenner off your mate who can't pay you back. How can they just keep saying we'll pay it back later?
Repayment deferred to end of August.
Further update 29 July
It says further update but they're not really provided much of an update past we don't have the money come back later have they?
Bond Holders can call a Receiver today but need a vote to do so
On that bond holders board nobody can get hold of anyone to enquire about doing anything

djr8369

Late to the party, but if I've understood it right, HSBC will probably give Wasps a loan, if they get a W Mids grant to repair 'their' stadium. I assume interest repayments on any loan will be increasing month on month at the moment (inflation increasing all the time). Even if they get the loan, surely they are going to be getting squeezed further regarding income/expenditure. Can't see why anybody would be happy giving them a loan based on their current trajectory. Presumably they can't use the stadium as a guarantee, as I thought the Council ought to have a view/stake in that?
That’s the theory but would HSBC be satisfied with them being propped up by a council grant? What would that say about the viability of wasps/the stadium business over the length of the financing scheme?

oldfiver

That’s the theory but would HSBC be satisfied with them being propped up by a council grant? What would that say about the viability of wasps/the stadium business over the length of the financing scheme?

Wonder why it should be a grant? Straight gift to go with the other "gifts" to improve the stadium. At this rate they will be given more than they paid for i!

skybluesam66

and a refinance in 2 months time will be more expensive than a refinance 2 months ago

Wonder why it should be a grant? Straight gift to go with the other "gifts" to improve the stadium. At this rate they will be given more than they paid for i!
another court case from Sisu ?

oldfiver

and a refinance in 2 months time will be more expensive than a refinance 2 months ago

another court case from Sisu ?

Not just SISU - every other sports provider in the city plus struggling businesses and potentially, ratepayers watching their hard earned going to a lost cause!

Users who are viewing this thread