Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmmeee

That would have definitely triggered legal action by the bondholders. And I'd guess would have meant a buyer paying more than via a pre-pack without paying the bondholders back, otherwise why would MA have paid £1.2m for exclusivity...

Bit of a weird threat to make then?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
He set up 3 companies

ARENA QUARTER COVENTRY LTD - Other letting and operating of own or leased real estate
AQ 1 LIMITED - Development of building projects
AQ 2 LIMITED - Construction of commercial buildings

I assume the grant for the common wealth stuff was used by this company he set up

COMMONWEALTH CONVENTION CENTRE LTD - Letting and operating of conference and exhibition centres
Must be another Derek Richardson, cos the Wasps one is lovely and he said -

skybluetony176

You got a link? Or even better a screenshot, I can’t read accounts
It’s pretty easy. Go to BETA companies house, put Arena Coventry in the search and the top 2 companies are ACL & ACL2006, look at their last set of filed accounts and it states that in 2019 & 20 ACL made £6k one year, £7k the other and ACL2016 didn’t even register £1k either year. It’s stated as gross profit also so I’m assuming that net profit was considerably less, maybe even a loss.

shmmeee

It’s pretty easy. Go to BETA companies house, put Arena Coventry in the search and the top 2 companies are ACL & ACL2006, look at their last set of filed accounts and it states that in 2019 & 20 ACL made £6k one year, £7k the other and ACL2016 didn’t even register £1k either year. It’s stated as gross profit also so I’m assuming that net profit was considerably less, maybe even a loss.

This bit?

4B152F77-011E-494E-A2FC-6D331DA62F72.jpeg

That’s 6&7 million, it’s in thousands.

MalcSB

Yet now he is a director of his own company that is listed as "Development of building projects" & another one that is " Construction of commercial buildings"
Exactly, his true intent with the move to Coventry and still Wasps supporters think he is an innocent in all this.

MalcSB

He set up 3 companies

ARENA QUARTER COVENTRY LTD - Other letting and operating of own or leased real estate
AQ 1 LIMITED - Development of building projects
AQ 2 LIMITED - Construction of commercial buildings

I assume the grant for the common wealth stuff was used by this company he set up

COMMONWEALTH CONVENTION CENTRE LTD - Letting and operating of conference and exhibition centres
That was the problem for Wasps, the projects that could have made money for them were all set up by, and for Richardson.

OldBedrocker

I wouldn't be surprised or necessarily be angered by this as long as that would have been available unless you mean it basically covers the value of this deal for him to progress foreward from there

I still refer to Simon Jordan remarks about turning the ground around,a new one being built , where and who let him in on that

Must be some outline plan somewhere,?
What’s this big about the ground must’ve missed it?

Frostie

One of Wasps directors attended a property development expo and describe Wasps as a property development company that just happened to have a rugby club attached.

I met Nick Eastwood at a similar event & he was largely spouting the same thing. This was around the time CCFC moved to St Andrews & he pretty smugly announced that it was inevitable as "ground shares never work".

Also said that they stumbled upon the Ricoh almost by accident & that CCC are the most supportive & helpful authority they've ever worked with...

MalcSB

I met Nick Eastwood at a similar event & he was largely spouting the same thing. This was around the time CCFC moved to St Andrews & he pretty smugly announced that it was inevitable as "ground shares never work".

Also said that they stumbled upon the Ricoh almost by accident & that CCC are the most supportive & helpful authority they've ever worked with...
Eastwood sounds like a twat.

itsabuzzard

Can you do my tax return?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

wingy

Yep only saw his original guff on TS saying he would be interested never saw anything about the ground
Could have been guff but after enquiring about buying the club he came back with they want to much.
Then he went into it was complicated by some plan to turn the ground around in some way which sounded like building it afresh and moving it across .
Could bull or a way of telling him to go away.

OldBedrocker

Could have been guff but after enquiring about buying the club he came back with they want to much.
Then he went into it was complicated by some plan to turn the ground around in some way which sounded like building it afresh and moving it across .
What would be the point in that?

Flying Fokker

so rotate the playing field 90 degrees? That‘s an interesting one. I can’t see much gain in that. The work that has gone on in the past 12 months would look out of place. Maybe room for a hotel or retail? Not much room there. 45 degrees? They might as well move it to Warwick University…oh, wait a minute.

1668613178777.jpeg

Last edited:

MAFF

i think you may have interpreted what he said a little too literally...

Calista

Can't remember the exact phrase, but I suspect he said something about moving the ground across, which people took to mean a physical move but may have been about ownership or something?

Calista

Can't remember the exact phrase, but I suspect he said something about moving the ground across, which people took to mean a physical move but may have been about ownership or something?
Correction, below is what Jordan actually said (28th Sept, reported in Cov Tel). It really does imply there could be plans to physically redevelop or move the ground. A bit mystifying really.
The talkSPORT pundit explained: “It’s a very difficult nut to crack because you have a stadium that may need to be moved or a stadium that may need to be redeveloped. You’ve got a property developer in the mix, you’ve got people who own the football club who have a slightly inflated idea of what it’s worth. So it’s a hard yard situation because you can take advantage of reconfiguring the stadium because of the decline of Wasps [RFC] and all that’s going on there, or you can take advantage of the fact that the council might want it back to redevelop to move it across and build another stadium. All of it makes it a more convoluted and complicated process and, to be honest with you, it’s too much like hard yards."

Philosorapter

They'd probably be let off with it anyway.

Wasps: Hey, CCC. We owe you £1m.

CCC: Ah it's ok.

Wasps: Yeah but we want to pay you back.

CCC: Shuuuuush. There now. It's ok.

Wonder what the business rates would be in a place like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread