Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saddlebrains

What a twonk.

He was claiming to be the bloke that got us back to Cov wasn't he?

We came back because CBS wouldn't sponsor the stadium without us and Wasps were fucking penniless

Could have had Bin Laden leading negotiations for us and we would have still come back, the bloke looks like a slipper

duffer

If you own a leasehold home, in theory once the lease expires the property standing on the leasehold ground then belongs to the leaseholder. This doesn't usually happen in practice (if the lease is extended prior to expiry).
Depending on the terms of the lease, that may apply to the arena, in which case if CCC revoke the lease upon admin, then the administrator has nothing to sell, and the arena belongs to CCC. I am assuming that is correct.

The bondholders have a mortgage on the lease, that's clear enough in the prospectus.

I honestly don't think that it will just revert to the council if ACL go into administration.

There could well be a big bunfight brewing over this, but I think it's more likely that as the freeholder the council were already aware and probably agreed to allow Wasps to mortgage the lease so that they could issue the bonds.

Joining the dots, it might explain why the council would rather ACL didn't go into admin, it would save awkward questions about why they allowed a security that prevents the freehold (edit: leasehold) automatically reverting back to them if Wasps went pop.

Just a theory, and just mho. The mortgage is a fact though.

Last edited:

robbiethemole

We would all absolutely want to stay in Coventry,” said Wasps chief Vaughan in a local area BBC CWR radio interview. “Coventry, the people, I know you get the naysayers which we will always have but all the authorities, we have got a wonderful training facility in Henley-in-Arden, absolutely, our first choice would be Coventry and the West Midlands, without a shadow of a doubt.

This fucker has to be the biggest bullshitter ever

rexo87

I don't like Andy Street so don't go all mental at me but... aren't Cov Rugby technically semi pro so what he is saying is kinda true?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Calista

Under any new owner, will the stadium be (at least initially) debt free?

If so, the only debt that isn’t going to be dealt with (one way or another) by this process is whatever is owed to Sisu. How much is involved?

Philosorapter

We would all absolutely want to stay in Coventry,” said Wasps chief Vaughan in a local area BBC CWR radio interview. “Coventry, the people, I know you get the naysayers which we will always have but all the authorities, we have got a wonderful training facility in Henley-in-Arden, absolutely, our first choice would be Coventry and the West Midlands, without a shadow of a doubt.

Don't listen to what they say, watch the moves on the board to see what they are up to.

What they say and what they do are two entirely separate things.

Things of interest today, CCC Full council meeting usually at 2.00pm I believe.

Whilst the boredom takes over watching the meeting, the usual question of how tired Duggins looks and which one of the mushrooms will take over next always springs to mind.

rexo87

Fair enough Streets just a prick then. Did they turn pro recently? Sure they were semi pro not long back

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Eyeing up the Alexandra stadium maybe?

CCFCSteve

Under any new owner, will the stadium be (at least initially) debt free?

If so, the only debt that isn’t going to be dealt with (one way or another) by this process is whatever is owed to Sisu. How much is involved?

The most likely solution is that following administration the stadium/long lease is sold* and bondholders get Xp in the pound (as I can’t see it selling for more than £35m and that’s before any professional fees). At that point the stadium will be free from any debts/liabilities…unless new owner has borrowed against it

*there might be a period of trading I guess and that’s what CCC might have to help fund. If so, they’d receive repayment of this before bondholders receive their distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread