Wasps - Please make a bid for CCFC (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Wasps - please fuck off back to where you belong and take your "...are coming" posters with you.

I think SISU are finished now and there is nothing to be gained at CCFC for them.
We have the structure within the club to make a go of it without SISU.
If true, we are cash positive which means anyone taking us over will not start to run up debt.

SISU have had no interest in Football other than trying to exploit the club in their goal of making money by stressing ACL.
That is now over.

Wasps owning CCFC would satisfy all fans in respect of owning our share of the Ricoh and it's income streams.
Wasps please make Sisu an offer.

Sisu do one last decent thing and approach Wasps with a view of offloading the club.
This IS now the top of your business cycle.

torchomatic

Looking forward to sitting on my yellow seat in the Higgs stand.

Wait for the yellow and black seats to arrive..

Moff

Wasps owning CCFC would satisfy all fans in respect of owning our share of the Ricoh and it's income streams.
Wasps please make Sisu an offer.

I didn't realise you were on Wasps board, and could say for certain that all income streams would go to CCFC.

You see I find that strange, why would all income streams go to CCFC when it was bought by Wasps? Why wouldn't the income streams go to Wasps so they can become some super 'not from Coventry' powerhouse of Rugby that most people dont really give a shit about.

But then what about the owners, a nice hedge fund, wouldn't they want some of the cash, or have you forgotten what Hedge Fund owners of sports clubs act like?

Satisfy all fans and get all income streams...MY ARSE!

martcov

The problem has always been CCC & ACL but very few have recognised that until now!

Well good to hear that. We are saved! CCC has sold up and ACL has been bought out. Both problems gone. Now come on SISU show us what you can achieve..... PUSB..... We are waiting....

Noggin

Why's it nonsense? Don't you think MGI will be keeping an eye out for more ''sports franchises'' for their stable? Do you think they'll stick at just London Wasps? Really?

You can't possibly think that any company would think it a good idea to spend 50mill+ (I bet you couldn't buy a single premiership team for that) and then move them to Coventry decimating the fan base (not that they would even be allowed too). It's perhaps the most bizarre posts I've ever read on this forum and we've had some solid gold nonsense.

Bill Glazier

Wasps don't want us at the Ricoh and are just making the right noises at the moment as part of their pr campaign. Nothing about CCFC fits with their corporate identity and we'll be gone in 4 years, probably sooner. We're the down market embarrassing lodgers.

Astute

Wasps don't want us at the Ricoh and are just making the right noises at the moment as part of their pr campaign. Nothing about CCFC fits with their corporate identity and we'll be gone in 4 years, probably sooner. We're the down market embarrassing lodgers.

They will need the income from us playing at 'their' ground. They will also not want the bad publicity of doing their best to get rid of our club.

martcov

They've done it with one team already...

With a Rugby team- not the same thing. Rugby Union has only recently become a professional sport ( in comparison) and the fans seem to be more interested in watching qualitty for quality's sake as oposed to us masochists. Whether they have decimated their fan base is pure speculation on your part. I think ( speculate) that they are going about the move in an open way and that with the Rugby World Cup coming up next year, they will actually benefit from the move. It is a sad fact, that CCFC is plummeting to the ground at the Speed of sound at the same time and Wasps may well end up as the major sports team in Cov. A sickening thought - but I don't blame Wasps.

skybluetony176

Wasps will only be playing something like 16 home games a season maybe more if they have European games so they need an anchor tenant to make the most of the Ricoh so that hasn't really changed from CCC/Higgs ownership days.

The real question is are SISU smart enough to realise that they are in a good position and business savvy enough to do a deal that works long term for the club regardless of which league we're in? I doubt that, they don't have a history of making good decisions for our club. My guess is that they'll piss these landlord's of as much as the last.

martcov

With a sports team - the same thing.

Plus the huge numbers that go to MK Dons show that give it a while, and people forgive and forget.

I don't think SISU will be getting more involved with sport. They now have years of experience, but are getting nowhere. It's too emotional and dependant on sporting success as opposed to balance sheets and commercial acumen. We are no longer losing money, but are doomed because of Lack of sporting success.

martcov

I don't think SISU will be getting more involved with sport. They now have years of experience, but are getting nowhere. It's too emotional and dependant on sporting success as opposed to balance sheets and commercial acumen. We are no longer losing money, but are doomed because of Lack of sporting success.

Sorry. Went back to SISU. Not Sure if MGI would go through this again though.

Users who are viewing this thread