Wasps Ticket Prices at The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

TheOldFive

£35 for adults. Under 10s free.

Complimentary for Council Officials I don't wonder eh kids?

a27c9ff5cfec7d44641a400597c82d16.jpg

Evo1883

How much does it cost 1 adult and an under 10 at the city matches in standard zone

stupot07

Normal tickets at Wycombe are £40 per adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Noggin

category 3 and 4 are £20 and £15. Not planning on going but £15 is pretty good for premiership rugby, not like there is poor seats at the Ricoh. Wouldn't surprise me if they sell a good few thousand, probably quite a fun Sunday afternoon in the week before Christmas.

TheOldFive

Tickets at Adams Park are free for U10s, £10 for U21s and £45 for Adults including Seniors. I guess the £35 is an offer to entice the curious and hopefully be a sensible discounting realising the greater capacity available at The Ricoh. These are not outrageous prices for Premiership and European Cup Rugby. £23 to stand at Leicester Tigers, £33 for a seat. Playing Wasps at Welford Road on 29th Dec btw.

Nick

Administrator
Tickets at Adams Park are free for U10s, £10 for U21s and £45 for Adults including Seniors. I guess the £35 is an offer to entice the curious and hopefully be a sensible discounting realising the greater capacity available at The Ricoh. These are not outrageous prices for Premiership and European Cup Rugby. £23 to stand at Leicester Tigers, £33 for a seat. Playing Wasps at Welford Road on 29th Dec btw.
Our prices aren't outrageous for league one but doesn't stop people crying about it, we are a poor city ;) people can't afford the 18 ccfc charge.

As someone has previously mentioned before on this subject, it's very possible the average rugby union supporter has a bigger disposable income than the average football supporter.

theferret

Rugby sides play far fewer competitive home fixtures than lower league football sides so have fewer opportunities to generate revenue. They are also charging £18, so not sure what point people are trying to make. Persoannly though, don't care what they charge.

All being well, all but a few franchise whores will avoid this sham like the plague and they'll be looking to move back 'home' within a few years.

italiahorse

Rugby sides play far fewer competitive home fixtures than lower league football sides so have fewer opportunities to generate revenue. They are also charging £18, so not sure what point people are trying to make. Persoannly though, don't care what they charge.

All being well, all but a few franchise whores will avoid this sham like the plague and they'll be looking to move back 'home' within a few years.

If I want to start watching high class rugby in this area why would I want to keep away from the Ricoh?

Ashdown

£35 to watch franchise rugby featuring two out of town teams with 4,000 other desperados in a 32,000 stadium or £15 to watch your local club in a friendly atmospheric little stadium with no parking charges and better pubs all round the ground { Under 16's go free by the way when accompanied by an adult}..................It's a no brainer !

Hobo

Coventry is a poor city remember, football tickets should be free.

What is peoples obsession with what Wasps are char ging? may as well be free as I wont be going.
Why would I suddenly want to start supporting a new team?

italiahorse

£35 to watch franchise rugby featuring two out of town teams with 4,000 other desperados in a 32,000 stadium or £15 to watch your local club in a friendly atmospheric little stadium with no parking charges and better pubs all round the ground { Under 16's go free by the way when accompanied by an adult}..................It's a no brainer !

If I just want to watch a competitive rugby match I'll watch my daughter play for Kerseley Women.

Wasps have committed to this area to become a local team and a lot of people like myself are showing a passing interest.
IMHO there is a shortage of first class Rugby in Warwickshire/West Midlands/Shropshire etc and if Wasps can tap it they are onto a winner.
Only tie will tell.

I can walk to the Ricoh.

Hobo

Coventry RFC free u16

italiahorse

JSB's are free aren't they?

I thought they had to pay a membership and then come with an adult season ticket holder ?
Also limited number and restricted to the corner where perhaps adults don't want to go.

If I was walking up with my grand kids it would cost me a small fortune and I like my position in block 20.

Nick

Administrator
I thought they had to pay a membership and then come with an adult season ticket holder ?
Also limited number and restricted to the corner where perhaps adults don't want to go.

If I was walking up with my grand kids it would cost me a small fortune and I like my position in block 20.

They are free, it just depends how awkward people want to be I guess ;)

Yes, JSB is £20 for the season.

torchomatic

I suppose it was people's obsession with pricing once we came home to the Ricoh. It was "as soon as we are back at the Ricoh then I'm going". After the Gillingham game it was "Yeah, but it's too expensive to go".

I was having a look at some threads from a year ago last night and many on here who have no problem with Wasps and pricing, etc were blowing a gasket over exactly the same situation at Sixfields. Shouldn't be surprised really.

What is peoples obsession with what Wasps are char ging? may as well be free as I wont be going.
Why would I suddenly want to start supporting a new team?

Nick

Administrator
They need to cater for the customer.
It doesn't work for me so I assume others are the same.

I do agree that kids should be free but they should be in the JSB's. The family Zone thing isn't an issue, you just move to where you want ;)

Grendel

I do agree that kids should be free but they should be in the JSB's. The family Zone thing isn't an issue, you just move to where you want ;)

Over 10's are £10 then for this rugby game? Two adults and two children over 10 is £90?

stupot07

If I just want to watch a competitive rugby match I'll watch my daughter play for Kerseley Women.

Wasps have committed to this area to become a local team and a lot of people like myself are showing a passing interest.
IMHO there is a shortage of first class Rugby in Warwickshire/West Midlands/Shropshire etc and if Wasps can tap it they are onto a winner.
Only tie will tell.

I can walk to the Ricoh.

Worcester were in the top flight until this season. Leicester are on our doorstep as are Northampton. All 3 take in warwickshire and West Midlands in their catchment area. There is no difference between them covering us as a catchment than you saying wasps will cover Shropshire as a catchment area. So there you have it last season 3 top flight rugby teams in a 20-35 mile radius (2 this season).

Worcester are second so there's a good possibility they will get promoted again. So this time next season there could be 4 PL rugby teams in a 35 mile radius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

italiahorse

I just want to walk up with which ever grandkid wants to go. Go to the ticket office, hand over my season ticket stub and be given tickets all together. The kids tickets should be free.

Nick

Administrator
I just want to walk up with which ever grandkid wants to go. Go to the ticket office, hand over my season ticket stub and be given tickets all together. The kids tickets should be free.

Why not sign them up as a JSB? They get the pack, christmas and birthday cards etc. My daughter just loves Sky Blue Sam so will be chuffed to get cards off him!

Or just sign say 2 up and just get the tickets in their name every week ;)

Although I do think they should do certain promotions where kids are free, but they do do kids are a quid.

£20 a season really isn't that bad is it?

People will always be awkward, the same as if they said it was 3 free per adult, they will want 4 so they are hard done by.

Users who are viewing this thread