Watford tickets (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

For most allocations, the current points breakdown and timings won’t make a difference because you find there’s a lot of people on 1700+ points anyway.

For more in demand games, they’ll push the threshold up to 1,100+ points and so on.

If anything, they’ll probably allocate ‘x’ % because as things stand, it’s the same people (i.e. 800+ points) who get the tickets. It’s a bit of a closed shop atm and even the biggest clubs and England have ballots.

What I will say, is that the points system is doing well to incentivise attendances. At least from my POV as I’ve gone to a few I didn’t fancy to build my points up. Both Sheffield Wednesday cup ties, for example.

skybluecam

For most allocations, the current points breakdown and timings won’t make a difference because you find there’s a lot of people on 1700+ points anyway.

For more in demand games, they’ll push the threshold up to 1,100+ points and so on.

If anything, they’ll probably allocate ‘x’ % because as things stand, it’s the same people (i.e. 800+ points) who get the tickets. It’s a bit of a closed shop atm and even the biggest clubs and England have ballots.

What I will say, is that the points system is doing well to incentivise attendances. At least from my POV as I’ve gone to a few I didn’t fancy to build my points up. Both Sheffield Wednesday cup ties, for example.
It’s not really a closed shop when consistent ST holders can get tickets 95% of the time anyway. How many games have been sold out before being available to those with 1000 points?

pusbccfc

I think there's scope to adapt the point allocations for next season. There's clear evidence now at games we don't sell out and should consider offering more.

Equally, games like Cardiff or Plymouth on a midweek could be 30 points.

Boro and Sunderland don't sell out so offer that as an incentive or reward of loyalty.

SkyBlueMatt

It hasn't been a problem yet, most games people can get access to. Obviously if it's easy to get to, they'll go quicker.

Next season could be a struggle. 1000 points will be this seasons 800, especially if we're doing well.

Cov kid 55

I don’t mind sitting in the home end in order to get in. Suppose it depends if it’s pay at the gate on the day? Don’t think Watford sell out, so hope to be ok.

rob9872

Some moaned they wanted a points system as it wasn't fair and now they don't have enough points it's still not fair. Basically if you go to most away games you should have priority and not be forced to miss because someone fancies a nice day out.

Skybluecol

Only once this season we've sold out at 1000 points and it was today for tickets vs. Watford

Out of 19 league games, the tickets have gone to General Sale on 11 occasions - more than 50% !!! (Swansea, Hull, Cardiff, Rotherham, Preston, Millwall, Ipswich, Leeds, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Plymouth)

Norwich game it went to Season Ticket Holders (no points limit required)

Top 5 games for demand against points......
Watford - 1000 points
WBA - 800 points
Leicester - 700 points
Wednesday & Stoke - 600 points

Other 2 were QPR (500) & Bristol City (400)

Our improved form since before Christmas has seen an increase in supporters wanting to go to Away games so it will be harder to get tickets

Majority of supporters who have 1000+ points were probably still going to most, if not all, away games when we were average at the start of the season !!

Hutch11

Only once this season we've sold out at 1000 points and it was today for tickets vs. Watford

Out of 19 league games, the tickets have gone to General Sale on 11 occasions - more than 50% !!! (Swansea, Hull, Cardiff, Rotherham, Preston, Millwall, Ipswich, Leeds, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Plymouth)

Norwich game it went to Season Ticket Holders (no points limit required)

Top 5 games for demand against points......
Watford - 1000 points
WBA - 800 points
Leicester - 700 points
Wednesday & Stoke - 600 points

Other 2 were QPR (500) & Bristol City (400)

Our improved form since before Christmas has seen an increase in supporters wanting to go to Away games so it will be harder to get tickets

Majority of supporters who have 1000+ points were probably still going to most, if not all, away games when we were average at the start of the season !!
Yeah we were , the points system works perfectly well and even when I thought people had only bought away tickets to get the points, Sheff Wed and Plymouth in particular we actually had full away ends
Our away support is phenomenal

Mucca Mad Boys

It hasn't been a problem yet, most games people can get access to. Obviously if it's easy to get to, they'll go quicker.

Next season could be a struggle. 1000 points will be this seasons 800, especially if we're doing well.
The points accrued over 3 years ago are wiped iirc, so the points will be more or less the same, right?

It’s not really a closed shop when consistent ST holders can get tickets 95% of the time anyway. How many games have been sold out before being available to those with 1000 points?

My brother is on 970 and it’s a struggle to get tickets together now. It’s not really a problem for me because my brother’s ticket is usually a spare. For a lot of people this may be a source of contention.

Likewise, people need to be on the ball when they can get tickets around the windows. It’s not difficult.

skybluecam

The points accrued over 3 years ago are wiped iirc, so the points will be more or less the same, right?

My brother is on 970 and it’s a struggle to get tickets together now. It’s not really a problem for me because my brother’s ticket is usually a spare. For a lot of people this may be a source of contention.

Likewise, people need to be on the ball when they can get tickets around the windows. It’s not difficult.
Usually a season's worth of away games will be wiped, but since 20/21 was a covid year the points won't be reduced much if you buy a ST.

Yeah it's awkward when points levels straddle the thresholds. Can't think of a solution though.

Mucca Mad Boys

Usually a season's worth of away games will be wiped, but since 20/21 was a covid year the points won't be reduced much if you buy a ST.

Yeah it's awkward when points levels straddle the thresholds. Can't think of a solution though.
In the future, particularly if we get to the Prem, I do think a ballot system will work. This much demand for tickets before general sales is a new thing for the club so we don’t really need to change much right now.

With the current system, I can see where there’s some frustration. Yet, I do see the points for the people wanting to maintain the system as is.

rob9872

Assume he has a Maidstone ticket? Even if he can't go worth getting one for 20 points. Any other game then, possibly 6th Rd will take him through threshold. Worth doing as that 1000 point mark is a bigger one.

Mucca Mad Boys

Assume he has a Maidstone ticket? Even if he can't go worth getting one for 20 points. Any other game then, possibly 6th Rd will take him through threshold. Worth doing as that 1000 point mark is a bigger one.

We’ve got our Maidstone tickets! Hopefully we can go 1000 before the end of the season because I’m thinking ahead to the playoffs.

That said, I’m possibly going to miss both legs if we get the final as I’m on holiday - back in time for the FA Cup and playoff finals though! 😂

CJ_covblaze

The way how the FA do it is 70% of the tickets are done on caps. So if there are 1000 tickets the top 700 people in the caps table that applied for the game get guaranteed one. The remaining 30% are randomly balloted to all the others that applied. Any ticket that isn’t purchased goes into a first come first served sale. This works quite well but you have to apply, have someone correlate that data, do a ballot, notify those that applied of the result and then run a second chance sale. That’s a fair bit more admin than what the club have to deal with at present. A fee to access away games is an option. A tenner a season would generate enough to pay the wage bill for the additional staff required to do all of that.

With the new TV deal it should be easier to get away tickets. In theory if more people are struggling to make the home games due to more non Saturday kick offs it’ll surely hamper a fair few of the fanbase for away games too won’t it?

CJ_covblaze

We’ve got our Maidstone tickets! Hopefully we can go 1000 before the end of the season because I’m thinking ahead to the playoffs.

That said, I’m possibly going to miss both legs if we get the final as I’m on holiday - back in time for the FA Cup and playoff finals though! 😂
We’re in the reverse situation. We sacrificed Blackburn away and potentially QPR at home just in case we made the play offs. We land at 6am on the Sunday of the QPR weekend so hopefully that moves to the Sunday as it can’t be at 3pm on the Saturday and we only miss one game.

Mucca Mad Boys

We’re in the reverse situation. We sacrificed Blackburn away and potentially QPR at home just in case we made the play offs. We land at 6am on the Sunday of the QPR weekend so hopefully that moves to the Sunday as it can’t be at 3pm on the Saturday and we only miss one game.
I thought I got away with it because June was the original plan but the better half could t do that time!

My plan for the rest of the season is to go every renaming game so that’d put me to around 1150 points if you include 20 points for another cup game.

Which, ironically, would probably be enough points for the away leg of the playoff semis if we got there!

I no longer play rugby so following City home and away is actually viable!

CV22SBA

Keep missing these ticket announcements and therefore keep missing tickets. Is there no way the club can drop an email to fans when they announce sale dates?
Do you have a Twitter (X) account? You can turn on notifications just from the official CCFC account and it will pop up on your phone when they announce ticket info etc.

wingy

Do you have a Twitter (X) account? You can turn on notifications just from the official CCFC account and it will pop up on your phone when they announce ticket info etc.
Is there another way,why would anyone wish to be directed in that direction.
WhatsApp?

AHayer98

Anyone have 2 tickets for Watford going? Wasn’t able to get tickets for brom or Watford in time :(. Let me know, thanks

SkyBlueMatt

Got my Watford ticket today, in the Graham Taylor stand. Very helpful in their ticket office, would rather be in the City end, but I’m quite happy to sit on my hands when (if!) we score. First visit to Vicarage Road, looking forward to it.

I think I'll be joining you. I have one ticket but need a second and for a mate (who's on 800+). We'll drink round Watford, hoping for the last minute drop outs. If not, I'll either sell mine and we'll go in the home end or head into London.

theferret

Got a spare adult ticket as mate cannot go. Face value. Will need to collect from Ash Green Friday (can't before then as away with work), or I can meet at Watford at a push.

EDIT: ticket now gone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread