'We felt it was difficult to conclude on a long-term arrangement' - Wasps pull out of Ricoh Arena ta (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The worrying thing is, does anyone actually expect SISU to back down after this latest threat.
No chance. This will just make them think they have more chance of a win in JR2. Their thinking will be if its a no hope case why so much pressure all of a sudden to drop it.

italiahorse

No they haven't, they said they were half to 2/3rs through the list,

“We still had some points not agreed, but we agreed some of the key points for example how to make food and beverage work from their point of view, how hospitality would work, where to locate a club shop in the stadium - all those sort of things were agreed.

For all we know this could be PR bollocks. You'll swallow it though.

Let's wait for andersons response before whacking one out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So you can swallow Andersons PR ? ;)

At the end of the day it's progress and hopefully only paused at the moment. Would be nice for the club to confirm the same.

The Legals would always have got in the way so it's just a waiting game.

Sick Boy

To expand (and quote myself) I don't usually like the splitting of owners from club - ultimately owners control the direction of club.

Now, however... *we* have to. Insisting the club drops legal action is as much bullying as anything SISU have done. It may not be conducive to such a relationship but me, personally, I'd rather it all followed its process, CCC were entirely cleared of wrongdoing, and SISU were shown up as scum. Would far rather that than the stench that comes when people force entities to not defend themselves, to roll over and have their tummy tickled.

I also refuse to give in to a franchise. This is scum v scum. Enemies are all over the place. We have... more than one enemy. We have our owners, Wasps, CCC. Currently the enemy of our enemies is our friend... CRFC. They have a ground that, at worst, can be developed sufficiently to be a temporary home, to allow us to at least continue to exist if nothing else, while this plays out.

Part of me says just put CCFC out of its misery. But instinct tells me while it's got a heartbeat, and life and, if going in with CRFC can help CRFC avoid being overwhelmed by Wasps and sent to oblivion... I'll support the Coventry teams over the London upstarts.

Every time.

Coventry is my home, the place I was born. Coventry City and CRFC are part of my home. I want them to still be in a decade's time... not Wasps.

Hear hear!!

Shakeitup

Be surprised if he managed to keep a straight face coming out with that.
So there we have it. By his own admission talks were going well and then Wasps pulled the plug. Can't get much clearer than that.

Hypothetical. If you were in a negotiation, maybe to rent a house, with someone that had lots of on-going legal cases and a history of not so straight or moral practices (such as trying to 'distress' the company at the Ricoh, not paying rent, moving to Northampton) would you still carry on talks to rent your property to them?

As a landlord I know I certainly wouldn't.

Grendel

I'll have some of whatever you've been drinking. We're about to get kicked out of the academy and our landlords are refusing to speak to us about extending our rental deal.

He's drinking nick Eastwoods love juice and has been the minute he walked into town with offers to cross his palm with silver.

Sky Blue Kid

Anderson said this

Were you able to reach any provisional agreements / common ground on the 17 or so areas where you were looking for a better deal for the club?

"No. We had productive and friendly conversations about the various areas that an agreement should cover, like parking, rent, ticket office and retail shop, health and safety, even the colour of the seats and the Jimmy Hill statue or Memorial Garden - but we never got to that stage."

So who is telling the truth who is lying? The wasps guy makes it sound like its been official HoT discussions, doesn't seem that way from Anderson's comments.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-managing-director-chris-11420915

Not being funny mate but..."Colour of the seats"? If Wasps want the seat colour to big "Bright Pink" there's f**k all CCFC/SISU can do about it.

chiefdave

Hypothetical. If you were in a negotiation, maybe to rent a house, with someone that had lots of on-going legal cases and a history of not so straight or moral practices (such as trying to 'distress' the company at the Ricoh, not paying rent, moving to Northampton) would you still carry on talks to rent your property to them

If I was concerned the rent wouldn't be paid I would put something in place such as guarantors. If my tenant was taking legal action against a third party not related to me I could't care less.

Shakeitup

Purely my opinion but at some point SISU will walk. Most probable way they will do that is to place us into administration.

On the bright side we don't have much in the way of assets for any asset stripping.

Problem is who will bid to take us out of admin? You're talking about a club that will have no ground, be on the verge of being kicked out of the ground they rent and no academy. Why on earth would anyone see that as a good purchase?

I kind of switch off when it's about other teams (ignorant I know!) but have teams recently (last 5-10 years) being saved by fan led consortiums? (I presume Pompey must have been at some point!)

Would this be an option?

Would Wasps curry favor and offer a fan led consortium a lower rental deal? Just an idea!

italiahorse

I'll have some of whatever you've been drinking. We're about to get kicked out of the academy and our landlords are refusing to speak to us about extending our rental deal.

Perhaps I'm a little more positive.
Let's get the details on Wasps offer and how it fits in with academy rules.
JR2 needs to be out the way before a long term deal at the Ricoh can be a possibility.

Sky Blue Kid

If JR 1 goes to the Europen Courts, I think Wasps would be shitting themselves, because if the Court were to reverse the whole judgement, there could be money having to be paid out left, right, and Centre. I'm not "Au Fait"(French haha) but if there has wrong doing to be found against CCC and Wasps. There could be serious consequences... Or am I wrong........ OSB58. where are Ya!

chiefdave

Pompey must have been at some point!

Pompey sort of were. Their supporters trust own a large percentage but not a majority. To get the deal done the local council had to loan them millions to buy the stadium.
AFC Wimbledon spring to mind.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anderson said this

Were you able to reach any provisional agreements / common ground on the 17 or so areas where you were looking for a better deal for the club?

"No. We had productive and friendly conversations about the various areas that an agreement should cover, like parking, rent, ticket office and retail shop, health and safety, even the colour of the seats and the Jimmy Hill statue or Memorial Garden - but we never got to that stage."

So who is telling the truth who is lying? The wasps guy makes it sound like its been official HoT discussions, doesn't seem that way from Anderson's comments.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-managing-director-chris-11420915

Maybe one is lying but its possible between the two they are telling something close to the truth. I doubt they got as far details and specifics and concrete agreements in place for any of the points. But its possible that in initial discussions they've looked at what is proposed and said yep that one won't be a problem, we can do that, that will be fine, that one may need tweaking a bit etc. which would mean both statements sort of make sense with each side putting their own slightly different spin on it.

armybike

If JR 1 goes to the Europen Courts, I think Wasps would be shitting themselves, because if the Court were to reverse the whole judgement, there could be money having to be paid out left, right, and Centre. I'm not "Au Fait"(French haha) but if there has wrong doing to be found against CCC and Wasps. There could be serious consequences... Or am I wrong........ OSB58. where are Ya!

JR1 has nothing to do with Wasps.

Also from the latest hearing the indication is that if Cov Council were to be at fault any compensation would actually have to be paid by the government rather than CCC.

The Reverend Skyblue

There is more chance of me being the first man to set foot on the sun than SISU selling up to anyone at the moment.
This is going on for years, and the club will be left to die.
I'm ashamed of a lot of our so called fans the way they have deserted the club in favour of a franchise rugby club and a faceless council.
They've seemed to have forgiven the council for that email regarding changing the tenancy at the Butts, not a murmur from them

italiahorse

It begs the question, then, why dropping that legal action is key to resuming talks...

We would need to know which of the 17 points that JR1 or JR2 would stop them agreeing.

I would guess that in JR2 that Sisu would be questioning the Wasps/CCC deal.

Example : Could a long term deal be agreed if you are after a decision that your landlords legally should not be in charge ?

armybike

It begs the question, then, why dropping that legal action is key to resuming talks...

Because they deem it's causing to much noise and attention from the information available.

Grendel

We would need to know which of the 17 points that JR1 or JR2 would stop them agreeing.

I would guess that in JR2 that Sisu would be questioning the Wasps/CCC deal.

Example : Could a long term deal be agreed if you are after a decision that your landlords legally should not be in charge ?

Wasps are more than happy to agree a long term deal so the court talk is bollocks.

In fact the insistence on keeping the deal long term is one of the points of issue.

Odd that isn't it?

oldfiver

Wasps are more than happy to agree a long term deal so the court talk is bollocks.

In fact the insistence on keeping the deal long term is one of the points of issue.

Odd that isn't it?

But the "long term deal" has no figures to it after year 2 and no break clause

That is the same as the rotten deal for the Ricoh

armybike

Is it bollocks. This is a complete red herring. They latest appeal hardly made a ripple.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Shakeitup

Pompey sort of were. Their supporters trust own a large percentage but not a majority. To get the deal done the local council had to loan them millions to buy the stadium.
AFC Wimbledon spring to mind.

Haha. Some how I don't think CCC will jump in to lend a hand! :D

Grendel

Covstu

Is it bollocks. This is a complete red herring. They latest appeal hardly made a ripple.

What I don't understand is why they would allegedly thrash out 2/3 of the 17 demands the all of a sudden stop discussions? What changed to suddenly stop, the court action is hardly new news to them?

Rodders1

Purely my opinion but at some point SISU will walk. Most probable way they will do that is to place us into administration.

On the bright side we don't have much in the way of assets for any asset stripping.

Problem is who will bid to take us out of admin? You're talking about a club that will have no ground, be on the verge of being kicked out of the ground they rent and no academy. Why on earth would anyone see that as a good purchase?
2 promotions from the prem. One club city with £300k population. I'm hoping (probably grasping at straws) that someone sees the potential.

Users who are viewing this thread