What a day (1 Viewer)

Kingcadz

Anybody else drinking shit loads of water to be fine for work tomorrow?

Nope beers flowing in the newlands, but I better be careful I'm a have driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

A magnificent day! I loved every minute except once the game was over it felt nothing like the win in 87. That said we played a decent side and competed in all areas! Where the fuck was that for the previous 40 league games?
The fans were immense and what other country can you get over 74,000 for a game between 2 third division sides?
A final comment before i head back to Riyadh tomorrow .........support the team like that for the rest of season and we will have something to build upon for next season.

6 Generations

highlight was my daughter texting me to say it was 2-1 and then staying up and running at me for a massive cuddle when I walked in the door! Literally diving up into the air.

Now that Nick is the loveliest thing that you've ever posted.

pusbccfc

Truly stunning day.

The Green Man was incredible. Non-stop sing song along with many, many flares. Got in there before 10 and there were already 20 min queues for beer. Loved the ladies walking around with bottles of spirits.

Atmosphere in the ground was a lot better than I thought it would be. The noise from In Our Coventry Homes made the hairs on my neck stand.

Well done Coventry fans, did ourselves proud today.

Mcbean

Easy journey to Ruislip on to Wembley and the Green man before and after the game just like the old days- never been to Wembley before great match great to be Cov supporter - stokesy mom for me but they all did good - very proud , just watched the sky coverage both punters saying Oxford until we scored - served them right , will sleep well tonight

AngryAnt

Fantastic day, I've waited 29 years to go see City at Wembley.
I was quickly searched on the way in but that's how you do it, it was over within 5seconds and the steward even smiled and said thank you!
First time at Wembley (I refused to go to anything else until City had been) and I was stunned at just how nice it is, I'm used to hearing the horror stories about the old stadium, but this one was brilliant and even in the gods you can see perfectly (Newcastle need to learn from this stadium!).

The players were fantastic and really showed they wanted it more.

Sadly I'm on steroids so can't drink, but still, fantastic day and just goes to show that if the owners leave, the potential is there, just waiting to come back!

Joelly

I need to see some videos from the point of view of oxford end... wanna see us go mad

ended up 4 or 5 rows down after thomas scored. In a pile on of about 11/12. just got back no voice and literally in pain having to set an alarm for 7 to get a train back to uni

Ash

Absolutely incredible day! Witnessing that many sky blues fans singing together gave me goosebumps. The potential of this football club is massive, the sooner the owners realise that the better.

wingy

Well, where's the party?
Fantastic day and so good to be with most of my family, unfortunately the torturous coach journey back killed the euphoria a little and Town was a tad flat.
Great Great day and only £21. :p

clint van damme

said before hand I didn't give a fuck about the result but a bit embarrassed to admit I got a bit emotional at the end seeing the joy on my sons face. We deserve more days like that we really do, what a fucking day! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as me.

mds

Did we go to make up the numbers, no, we went to show our numbers, did we go to be also rans, no, we went to win.
Did we win.
Of course we fukin did, we dont go to cup finals to be also rans we go to show you how it should be ran.
We`re the city boys makin all the noise everywhere we go.

stupot07

What an amazing day! Had such a great time from the journey down, the atmosphere in the sky blue zone, the atmosphere in the ground, the game, the players effort, the result, the elation of playing and winning at Wembley, seeing what it meant to the players, seeing what it meant to all of us, bumping in to so many people I know.

My little one (6) and nephew (10) both told me it, it was the best day of their lives ever. They absolutely loved it. Mine was going mental when we scored and when thr final whistle went. It means so much to him. He is completely in love with the sky blues, and yesterday was just amazing for both kids and adults and reminds us why we all love football and the city.

Still buzzing this morning, albeit with a croaky throat from all that singing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AlansEyes

I'm sure it has already been said many times, but what a day! My dad took me to my first City game 25 years ago. I was too young to go to Wembley in 87, so just to see City win at Wembley with my dad sat next to me was incredible.

As for the game itself, I thought Thomas, Reid, Bigi and Burge were superb. Let's hope we take this positive finish to the season into next year. Plus, hopefully finally having this little taste of success can break the losing mentality that the club has been mired in for decades. Follow it up with promotion next season, please.

Right, so when's the open top bus parade? Do we get a gold star above our badge on next year's kit? If not I'm drawing my own on with a highlighter pen.

AlansEyes

ps. And shedding the losing mentality applies to the fans as well. I know that relegation takes the shine off it, but we have finally delivered on the big day after years of bottling it. At 2-0 the guy behind me (having moaned for the entire first half about the number of people going to the toilet) started saying, 'Well, Oxford are clearly more bothered about their game in midweek, they're not bothered about today.' It didn't look like they lost due a lack of trying to me!

kdrinkell

What a great day,went with my three kids..who aren't kids anymore and hooked up with a mate I haven't seen for fifteen years which was just fucking brilliant.
Even the fukwit fan refusing to sit despite politely asked didn't ruin it
I felt so much emotion at the end, great spirits on the journey home and even when arriving back we were still giving it a blast of Sky Blue Army, and at Macdonald's in Binley and loads responding to it....just fucking brilliant

Bumberclart

Went with my 7 and 10 year old daughters. The looks on their faces when they walked into the stadium was worth the travel from Yorkshire alone.
Met up with the lads I used to go home and away with 20+ years ago, which was superb.
Here's a new record for City, we made that much of a roar when the second goal went in, my 7 year old burst into tears because she 'felt it boom inside her tummy'. Thats some noise to make a human cry.

Just a great day with a massive feeling of pride in our club.

Users who are viewing this thread