What are you snobby about? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Kneeza

Only the Lea and Perrins 😛

Never actually liked Worcestershire sauce. I always remember an advert on tv in the nineties of people sticking it on cheese on toast and grilling it. Begged my mum to buy some and make it for me and had one bite and hated it. Got kids are dickheads
Henderson's was more widely available in Lincs when I lived there. Very similar apparently, but from Sheffield I think (or somewhere around there).

RegTheDonk

Absolutely agree. Anything with massive amounts of canned laughter telling us it's time to laugh.
Watched M*A*S*H as a kid for many years when it was first run on BBC2, they screened versions without the canned laughter. Seen a few since on satellite and I know its a bit dated but it just seems so un-funny with the laugh track.

Bit of a tech snob in I'd prefer to buy a Sony, Samsung, Panasonic etc. even though in many cases the better deals and specs are the non-fancy brands.

Otis

Watched M*A*S*H as a kid for many years when it was first run on BBC2, they screened versions without the canned laughter. Seen a few since on satellite and I know its a bit dated but it just seems so un-funny with the laugh track.

Bit of a tech snob in I'd prefer to buy a Sony, Samsung, Panasonic etc. even though in many cases the better deals and specs are the non-fancy brands.
I was the same with M*A*S*H. I watched it with the laughter track and that's all I knew. When they removed that, I was truly shocked and found it weirdly less funny, but since, and looking back, the laughter track is awful and spoils all the comedy.

skyblue1991

I usually don't mind 'happy shopper products' but refuse to buy the following as the quality just isn't there:

Toiletries
Laundry detergent
Soup

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Not snobbish but I have to reign the wife in from making purchases that are according to her “good value for money” or as I prefer to call it “false economy”. Point in case being our bed. She purchased one online with a too good to be true price, I tried telling her it would be junk but she didn’t want to listen. It arrived, it was shit, it was missing nuts and bolts, the instructions made no sense and it took me all afternoon to put it together. It lasted about 2 weeks out of its statutory 12 months warranty. She was going to go back to them and buy another one. I had to stop her and make sure we got a bed from the supplier I wanted to go with in the first place. Yes it was twice the price but it’s already lasted 3 times as long and is still like brand new. Mattress aside it will see us out. If I left her to her own devices we’d be replacing it every couple of years at best.

So not snobbish, I’d rather just pay more in the first place for a superior product.

richnrg

Not snobbish but I have to reign the wife in from making purchases that are according to her “good value for money” or as I prefer to call it “false economy”. Point in case being our bed. She purchased one online with a too good to be true price, I tried telling her it would be junk but she didn’t want to listen. It arrived, it was shit, it was missing nuts and bolts, the instructions made no sense and it took me all afternoon to put it together. It lasted about 2 weeks out of its statutory 12 months warranty. She was going to go back to them and buy another one. I had to stop her and make sure we got a bed from the supplier I wanted to go with in the first place. Yes it was twice the price but it’s already lasted 3 times as long and is still like brand new. Mattress aside it will see us out. If I left her to her own devices we’d be replacing it every couple of years at best.

So not snobbish, I’d rather just pay more in the first place for a superior product.
perhaps she uses it when your not there?
(joke)

fernandopartridge

Agree with that, cheap furniture / electrical goods etc are always a false economy

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Oohhhhh, carrier bags. I simply cannot bear to be seen with a Poundland or Home Bargains carrier bag.

I would much rather shop at Home Bargains, but put everything I buy into the M&S bag I have brought with me. 👍
Stood outside Primark Oxford Street for half an hour last year.Most people came out and put their purchases in a M and S or a Next one.See your snooby and shop at M and S.

Sbarcher

And I am sure my French toast I did this morning was from Aldi.
My French letter was delivered this morning. Can always rely on my postman.

ovduk78

Give erythritol a try if you haven't already. It's the closest to sugar that I've tried. And I've tried all of them. It was available in Morrisons the last time I was back in the UK.
I actually have some of that in the cupboard, I bought it when it was on offer at Waitrose & was going to use it on cereal when my truvia ran out, I'll give it a go in my tea later

Robinshio

if you are ok with sugar, the Half spoon is good , half the calories and you use half as much
Even for a really sweet cup of tea, or for your cereal it is about 7 calories, but does taste like sugar

ProfessorbyGrace

I wouldn’t say I’m snobby about electrical goods etc, more discerning.

With headphones though, I’m a right Lord Fontleroy. The best ones I’ve had in years are some wireless noise cancelling Sony headphones I got from Amazon, the sound quality is amazing.

Otis

Ohhh, I just thought, this is quite snobby in some ways isn't it.....

I never say Cov unless talking about Cov rugby club. It's always Coventry. I am quite snobby about abbreviations in general I think.

I used to live near Jubilee Cresent and every time anyone would say "I am going down the Cres" I would shudder. Presumably they were going down there to the Gregg's.

I don't use abbreviations when I type either. Can never use thx or ppl etc.

Have to say barbecue too and would never say barbie.

Is that all snobby?

Blind-Faith

Ohhh, I just thought, this is quite snobby in some ways isn't it.....

I never say Cov unless talking about Cov rugby club. It's always Coventry. I am quite snobby about abbreviations in general I think.

I used to live near Jubilee Cresent and every time anyone would say "I am going down the Cres" I would shudder. Presumably they were going down there to the Gregg's.

I don't use abbreviations when I type either. Can never use thx or ppl etc.

Have to say barbecue too and would never say barbie.

Is that all snobby?

After watching King Gary on I-Player , I cannot call it anything other than a bee-bee-que 🤦🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread