What are you snobby about? (1 Viewer)

tommydazzle

Tattoos on girls, earrings on men, spelling common names in different ways - saw James spelled as Jaimz recently, expensive over-the-top weddings, net curtains, primary school age children with jewellery and fancy haircuts.

JAM See

Stood outside Primark Oxford Street for half an hour last year.Most people came out and put their purchases in a M and S or a Next one.See your snooby and shop at M and S.
My GLW went to that London on a school trip in the 80's. Her and her mates all went to Harrods to buy a ballpoint pen. Just so they could get a bag.

JAM See

Tattoos on girls, earrings on men, spelling common names in different ways - saw James spelled as Jaimz recently, expensive over-the-top weddings, net curtains, primary school age children with jewellery and fancy haircuts.
I honestly don't get the hate on net curtains.

What's the problem?

JAM See

Fixed that for you (everybody else's, not mine).

tommydazzle

Net curtains always look grimy and dirty. Have nothing in your house that’s not useful or beautiful (William Morris). Well, it is about being snobby...

Terry_dactyl

Ohhh, I just thought, this is quite snobby in some ways isn't it.....

I never say Cov unless talking about Cov rugby club. It's always Coventry. I am quite snobby about abbreviations in general I think.

I used to live near Jubilee Cresent and every time anyone would say "I am going down the Cres" I would shudder. Presumably they were going down there to the Gregg's.

I don't use abbreviations when I type either. Can never use thx or ppl etc.

Have to say barbecue too and would never say barbie.

Is that all snobby?
I call Gregg’s , Gregory’s.

I always go for the Owl Slice.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Net curtains always look grimy and dirty. Have nothing in your house that’s not useful or beautiful (William Morris). Well, it is about being snobby...
Net curtains are useful though - stop people looking into your house but still let a lot of light through.

Having said that I prefer the film you can get nowadays to put over the windows.

Astute

Ohhh, I just thought, this is quite snobby in some ways isn't it.....

I never say Cov unless talking about Cov rugby club. It's always Coventry. I am quite snobby about abbreviations in general I think.

I used to live near Jubilee Cresent and every time anyone would say "I am going down the Cres" I would shudder. Presumably they were going down there to the Gregg's.

I don't use abbreviations when I type either. Can never use thx or ppl etc.

Have to say barbecue too and would never say barbie.

Is that all snobby?
Yes.......or you're more like a woman 😁

My wife can go on for 5 minutes or more on a subject. I just switch off. When she has finished I condense it to about a 10 second sentence asking if that is what she means. Her reply is 'that's what I just said' 🤯

Astute

If you’re the sort of house that has net curtains nobody will want to look in.
I'm not a lover of wearing clothes when the kids are not about. During the day if I live somewhere that i can be seen from the street
should I have something to cover the windows so nobody can see me?

I'm not bothered either way. I'm a naturist. But I have to consider that about 95% of people have an opinion that is more important than mine these days. So I'd be left with a choice. Close curtains, blinds or whatever you use and have to put the lights on or just have net curtains.

Otis

I'm not a lover of wearing clothes when the kids are not about. During the day if I live somewhere that i can be seen from the street
should I have something to cover the windows so nobody can see me?

I'm not bothered either way. I'm a naturist. But I have to consider that about 95% of people have an opinion that is more important than mine these days. So I'd be left with a choice. Close curtains, blinds or whatever you use and have to put the lights on or just have net curtains.
Remind me where you live again so I don't have to walk past your house.

Astute

Our wedding cost 1k including her dress.

I didn't want to get married. Wife mentioned it every week at least once. Had a bet with her. If I win no marriage. If she won we would get married. Knew I would win. But was early days of Internet. She had to get a certain item within 7 days. On the 7th day she handed me the item. It was a very rare CD that I thought was only on cassette 🙄 Stupid Virgin records sent the only copy they had from a London store to the Grimsby store 😡

Wedding was a cancellation in a registry office. 10am. Dinner do was at midday. So we went to McDonalds in our attire. Night time do was free if they got £500 behind the bar. Beat that within first hour and that was when beer was cheap. Told me the next day that it beat their record by over 2 hours. We knew our friends 😁 Catering was done by family and friends.

Over 20 years later people still say best wedding they have ever been to. I stayed up all night and was trashed on the day. Cars were my sisters and my wife's car.......which was a pink convertible. My best mate drove it....who was a Hells angel 🤣🤣🤣 He had a hat pulled down to try and hide his shame 😄 Was a laugh a minute.

Funniest part was I told everyone that I would call her my awful wedded wife during the vows. I was so trashed I couldn't remember what to say at that word. The whole place erupted with laughter. Even the registrar couldn't compose herself. Finally we continued. I was a good boy. I called her my awful wedded wife 🤣🤣🤣 We were all gone again 😆😄

Then I see people spend 50k or more then not last a year.

It isn't what you spend. It is the people you share it with. We had one rule. Nobody boring unless a parent. Was a riot from start to finish. The MIL hated it as she was a snob. But FIL loved it.

Astute

Remind me where you live again so I don't have to walk past your house.
France where you can't see me from the road as we have a sous sol. Next house you can't see us from the road 😂

Astute

Even so, it has quite put me off even typing to you.

It's the image you have created in my mind.
And that is the point.

People who moan when they get upset when they decide to look into others personal spaces. Net curtains are perfect to enable people to do what they want to in their own home. Why should others say what I can and can't do in my own home?

The world is going crazy 🤪

Otis

And that is the point.

People who moan when they get upset when they decide to look into others personal spaces. Net curtains are perfect to enable people to do what they want to in their own home. Why should others say what I can and can't do in my own home?

The world is going crazy 🤪
And yet there you still are. Still naked, still talking to me. 🤷

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm snobby about reality tv and internet 'content creators'.

Just see it as the most mind-numbing, dull drivel ever. But I guess it's more about those that watch it - at least those that are making it are doing it to try and make some money.

It used to be daytime tv (which I still hate) but that stuff has taken it to another level.

Otis

I'm snobby about reality tv and internet 'content creators'.

Just see it as the most mind-numbing, dull drivel ever. But I guess it's more about those that watch it - at least those that are making it are doing it to try and make some money.

It used to be daytime tv (which I still hate) but that stuff has taken it to another level.

This is not a snobby thing, but I can't get round people on YouTube, watching other people play a computer game.

And get this, one day I found my daughter watching someone, watching someone playing a computer game.

That was very mind-numbing.

tommydazzle

It’s not hate it’s just the snob in me disliking women looking like toilet walls. I can’t help it, it’s aesthetically offensive to my idea of feminine beauty. A tattooed women with net curtains is beyond the pale.

Otis

It’s not hate it’s just the snob in me disliking women looking like toilet walls. I can’t help it, it’s aesthetically offensive to my idea of feminine beauty. A tattooed women with net curtains is beyond the pale.
I am pretty sure a tattooed woman would not have net curtains.

Her house might though.

Otis

Now this is more snotty than snobby perhaps, but.... McDonald's. I will accept McDonald's and even accept a McMuffin, but I draw the line at a McDelivery. Mc f*ckin delivery???? No, no, no, no no!!!!!

Nooooooooooo!

I will never, ever call it that, the utter barstewards.

richnrg

Now this is more snotty than snobby perhaps, but.... McDonald's. I will accept McDonald's and even accept a McMuffin, but I draw the line at a McDelivery. Mc f*ckin delivery???? No, no, no, no no!!!!!

Nooooooooooo!

I will never, ever call it that, the utter barstewards.
I often pop in for a McShit

olderskyblue

We had net curtains in our first house, and they were washed regularly. “Can’t have the neighbours thinking we don’t look after our home” :LOL:

mrs used to go back to the street often to visit an old friend, nets in our old house were still the same ones, and not cleaned. Really grubby dirty grey. (This lasted 20 years until the house was sold again) my Mrs must be a snob I reckon :ROFLMAO:

torchomatic

Coffee. Must be proper stuff. None of this instant shite.

torchomatic

Growing up in the 70s and 80s my Mom refused to watch ITV as she thought it was "common". Just the BBC for us.

Users who are viewing this thread