What was the reason behind the fight? (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

At the front in the last 10 mins I saw Cov fans fighting eachother. What started it? Looked like it was going to turn ugly at one stage.

Macca

This was a scientific experiment involving the mixing of brain dead moron and alcohol. The results inevitable

D

Deleted member 2477

Some pissed twat being told to move away from the pitch by a steward. The twat was refusing and became abusive so others joined in to stop him getting ejected and he took exception to the advice. Should have kicked him out in the first place

steveccfc

Yeah I was at the front myself and some idiot was just kicking off with a steward, should have just kicked the guy out, looked like he'd recently had a bit of a slap looking at the state of his eye

Evo1883

Actually , i was down the front trying to calm the situation down , as infact the steward was using violent threats towards the supporter ..
I am lodging a formal complaint to Bury football club

D

Deleted member 2477

And i supose the steward behaved like this for no reason as the idiot was doing as he was told and watching the game. Easy to point fingers at a bloke trying to do his job fern when the other party was a pissed arsehole and yes i was there and saw exactly what happened 6 feet away

Nick

Administrator
And i supose the steward behaved like this for no reason as the idiot was doing as he was told and watching the game. Easy to point fingers at a bloke trying to do his job fern when the other party was a pissed arsehole and yes i was there and saw exactly what happened 6 feet away
What happened? Not a Nuneaton situation again I hope

jimmyhillsfanclub

The steward clearly said something that got an instant & aggressive reaction.....I was too far away to hear what was said mind.

Evo1883....Without wishing to be rude, were you the...ahem...older gentleman....ahem...possibly carrying a few extra pounds in a V-neck sweater.(sorry)...who pushed the lad in the baseball hat back towards the stand?

If so, fair play on 3 counts....
1. Good push....more a powerful hand-off.
2. my money would have been on the lad in the hat.
3. you defo saved him from getting ejected/nicked/slapped.

eastwoodsdustman

I did notice said steward trying to wind the lad up further when some fans and other stewards had move the lad away a bit. The steward was stood staring and smirking at the lad and was clearly trying to goad him into kicking off.:jerkit:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

This was 5 rows infront of me and it started at half time in the concourse... I went down at half time and politely asked the Asian steward if they sold beer at all in the away end, as the queue was quite big and I had a suspicion that they only sold food at Bury. He eyeballed me and replied, we don't sell beer in this stand and I said fairenough and left it at that that. A couple of minutes later the steward was eyeballing the bloke with the black eye and shit smirking and the bloke took exception to it...Then in the second half, towards the last 15 minutes they carried on their little standoff.

The cov fan was looking for an argument but the steward had a fair crack at being a knob as well.

Evo1883

Basically started when the city fan jumped up and moved forward after a city chance ..
City fan was pushed , abused and threatened with violence at one point ..he was rightly pissed off

D

Deleted member 2477

Both a pair of dicks. One should have been ejected and the other lose his job

fernandopartridge

Stewards are not entitled make threats to anybody. Jumped up idiots hiding behind a uniform. If the lad is playing up, deal with it, don't start making threats.

letsallsingtogether

That's a pretty fair conclusion, they were both as embarrassing as each other.
I'm surprised the stewards boss didn't tell him to go and stand at the other end of the stand or soemthing.

No different then some of the Stewards at Cov they walk around like they are special.

christonabike

FFS why do our fans and many other teams fans think it is acceptable to get tanked up, give it large and generally let the majority of sensible fans who like a drink in moderation down. Big headed gobshytes giving it large who think they are something special on a day out to a steward who is on £7 per hour who have a job to do are expected to stand there shaking every fookers hands?
If you are not out of your face and a steward gives you the evils (if it really happened) grow some and press the ignore button rather than him pull your strings like a puppet.
Maybe its just me getting old...:rolleyes:

Evo1883

Both a pair of dicks. One should have been ejected and the other lose his job

Still unsure as to why the city fan was a dick .. becauze as i have told you , the steward was the instigator ..yet you seem adamant to put some blame on the fan , im telling you , its a natural reaction to being threatened and abused ..steward was in the wrong and Bury have been informed

Evo1883

I would correct the spelling mistakes but when i try on my phone it just deletes my replies , so apologies

fernandopartridge

FFS why do our fans and many other teams fans think it is acceptable to get tanked up, give it large and generally let the majority of sensible fans who like a drink in moderation down. Big headed gobshytes giving it large who think they are something special on a day out to a steward who is on £7 per hour who have a job to do are expected to stand there shaking every fookers hands?
If you are not out of your face and a steward gives you the evils (if it reallyu happened) grow some and press the ignore button rather than him pull your strings like a puppet.
Maybe its just me getting old...:rolleyes:

Why do holier than thou types like you think it's right to comment on incidents second hand?

Joy Division

So the pissed up guy did absolutely nothing to antagonise the steward. It all started by the steward giving him a 'look'?

Bumberclart

Don't know what started it, but the steward kept edging towards the angry City fan, Chest pumped up and just dying for him to make the first move.
If the steward had left his mates to deal with the situation, there would have been no issues.
The City fan complained to the OB that he'd been assaulted. The response from the police was, we're not getting involved, theres only 4 of us.
I'm sure the City fan was at fault somewhere along the lines, but the bits I saw were all inflamed by the 'roid rage steward.

Bob Latchford

You all do realise , the stewards / police have a quota to reach re arrests ?

D

Deleted member 2477

Strange that ive been going to away games for over 25 years and never had a steward giving me the evils or threatening me. Theres no smoke without fire and cleRly some people just dont like being told what to do or watching a game in a responsible manner. From what i saw the bloke with a black eye was being a dick and objecting to being told not to encroach on the walkway or pitch whilst the steward then became a twat and they were both mouthing gestures to each other. As i said before they were both arseholes and should have been kicked out

Nick

Administrator
The only time I've ever had hassle off stewards or police at the football it has been my fault.

It's that thing again, people expect to be able to call a steward a twat, give him loads and him not do or say anything back. If they do anything back it is like they have shat in their cornflakes and punched their granny in the back of the head.

I'd hate to be a steward. Especially after what I witnessed at the nuneaton game with scrawny little dickheads starting on an OAP steward while hiding behind their crew of other scrawny little dickheads.

I wasn't at Bury so can't comment on that occasion, just in general.

Same as the Kevin Kilbane incident, oh boo hoo he told a fan to fuck off or something like that. It's ok for the fan to mock his disabled child though, but god forbid he says anything back.

D

Deleted member 2477

Well said nick. Always someone elses fault other than the twat starting it

Sick Boy

It's that thing again, people expect to be able to call a steward a twat, give him loads and him not do or say anything back. If they do anything back it is like they have shat in their cornflakes and punched their granny in the back of the head.

I'd hate to be a steward. Especially after what I witnessed at the nuneaton game with scrawny little dickheads starting on an OAP steward while hiding behind their crew of other scrawny little dickheads.

I wasn't at Bury so can't comment on that occasion, just in general.

Same as the Kevin Kilbane incident, oh boo hoo he told a fan to fuck off or something like that. It's ok for the fan to mock his disabled child though, but god forbid he says anything back.

Exactly, football fans like to dish it out but are the first to complain whenever anyone dares say anything back.

At the final game at HR I witnessed a fan throwing punches at a steward after the steward attempted to stop him going on the pitch.

The steward was a middle aged women.

Users who are viewing this thread