Whatever happened to Coventry city centre? (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

What's happening with the Rocket these days, that was first port of call before all City's trips to the West Mids in the old days ! Pubs mostly have to do food now though to survive and a decent offering at that. That area may make some decent money now with the train stop encouraging visitors to eat and drank around the main train station before hopping on the shuttles to the Ricoh.

This artwork is what the Friargate project is intended to end up like, showing the Rocket site redeveloped. Can't see where the new pubs will be sited in the scheme, but if the area is destined to be full of solicitors, quantity surveyors and the like there is bound to be a demand, but I don't think a spit & sawdust place with a pool table & occasion 'dispute' is what they'll want. ;) More detail here http://friargatecoventry.co.uk/

vision-header-image.jpg

Last edited:

Ashdown

This artwork is what the Friargate project is intended to end up like, showing the Rocket site redeveloped. Can't see where the new pubs will be sited in the scheme, but if the area is destined to be full of solicitors, quantity surveyors and the like there is bound to be a demand, but I don't think a spit & sawdust place with a pool table & occasion 'dispute' is what they'll want. ;) More detail here http://friargatecoventry.co.uk/

vision-header-image.jpg

I do think that one really stand out tall and striking building amongst that lot could have put us on the map a bit more ??

Otis

I do think that one really stand out tall and striking building amongst that lot could have put us on the map a bit more ??

Yes, indeed. A very tall elephant towering into the sky.

Not a white one though please.

Macca

In the 80s I was in town all the time. Loved it even though it was grotty. In my last 6 year stay I never went once. Nothing more than the fact I didn't need to. Everything I needed could be found "out of town"

Macca

Couldn't agree more, the seem to be demolishing the tall ones rather than building any. Or in the case of the axa building letting a 5 year old colour it in

Users who are viewing this thread