What's your gripe? (1 Viewer)

What's your everyday gripe?

There are no O's in a phone number only zero's.
Indicators on cars are meant to be used in advance of a manouvere i.e. to indicate.
If you're driving at 30+ (speeding) I don't shout at you when I'm on my bike, why should you shout at me for jumping a redlight?

What get's on your nerves eachday?

Nick

Administrator
Cyclists piss me off going through red lights and then they look at you like you have been beating their gran up when you nearly smash into them because they have their head phones on and they have jumped the right light. Happens a lot at the cross roads by Pro Logis / Ricoh with people coming / going to work on the industrial estate, just fly through without a care in the world.

Captain Dart

bringbackrattles

Mobile phones have taken over the world there everywhere.
The art of conversation is dying people prefer to natter away on their phones instead of talking face to face. Sorry got to stop writing my phones ringing !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Going fishing and not catching a bloody thing! Went to Cowes this afternoon. 3 hours wasted. Wet & windy. And that was just me! The weather was shite as well!

Otis

Have lots, but occupying my thoughts these past few days is that of people dropping litter. Has always happened for sure, but now we seem to have a new breed of litter lout.

A lot more people throwing stuff out of a moving car for starters. The other day someone in front of my threw out half a can of beer. I know it wasn't empty because quite a bit of the spray came onto my car behind and also the way the can landed you could tell them was still quite a bit of beer inside, because it didn't just fly off in the wind.

There's a whole new concept of deliberately throwing stuff now I have noticed.

On Monday we popped to McDonald's and there was a car parked in the car park with a young couple in (I would guess 17-18) and the lad sitting in the passenger seat ate his burger then just wound down the window and dropped the empty wrapper and bag on the floor, even though there was a bin not 10 yards away.

Worse still, on Tuesday we went to West Orchards food mall and some guy got his chicken burger or whatever it was and then walked from the counter, peeled off the wrapper and just threw it down on the floor, right there in the middle of the mall. Wantonly and deliberately threw down the wrapper.

Seems to be so much more prevalent.

A neighbour opposite me even does stuff like drink a carton of juice and then throw the empty carton over his shoulder into his own garden. Bizarre.

I notice schools seem to teach about litter in years 1-3 or so but then don't mention it again and kids then as they get older just throw litter wherever they feel.

How about shop assistants who start a conversation with someone else while they're in the middle of serving you? It's as if you suddenly don't exist any more.
Oh I had this happen in tesco Ricoh a couple of weeks ago. Made worse by the fact they were talking foreign language so I couldn't understand.

Houchens Head

People who don't pick up their dog's shit! I always carry little poop bags attached to my pooches lead. It doesn't take a second to pick it up and drop it it a bin! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Terry Gibson's perm

People driving while talking and holding their mobiles phones how did they manage before did they stop at every phone box?

chiefdave

People that walk their dogs without a lead. I don't mean in a park or something I mean walking down a street next to a road, they even leave them outside shops without a lead or securing them. Don't care how well trained your dog is, only needs to get spooked once and run into the road.

Nick

Administrator
People that walk their dogs without a lead. I don't mean in a park or something I mean walking down a street next to a road, they even leave them outside shops without a lead or securing them. Don't care how well trained your dog is, only needs to get spooked once and run into the road.

Yep, that too!

And people in parks who let their dogs off who have no control over them and let them run up and harass other dogs.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yeah, the dog shit thing & the litter thing.......both really do my head in....

I sometimes can't help myself & get involved though.....On several occasions I have posted the litter back into peoples cars....much to their shock!

I once dropped a load of fast food litter back through the sunroof of some womans BMW who had dumped it in the street.....she then had the nerve to start shouting at me for messing her car up & that she only threw it out cos it made her car smell.....I told her & her tubby angry husband that it wasn't just the shitty food that made her car smell.....pair of twats.

Another modern litter phenomenon is the 22 empty bottle of sports drink left at the side of every public football pitch every fucking weekend........

Wakey wakey.....just cos the professionals have a sip & then lob the bottle in to touch....doesn't mean you can.....fucking pricks.

chiefdave

Another modern litter phenomenon is the 22 empty bottle of sports drink left at the side of every public football pitch every fucking weekend........

Wakey wakey.....just cos the professionals have a sip & then lob the bottle in to touch....doesn't mean you can.....fucking pricks.

And the ones leaving those bottles are also moaning if there's any litter they have to clear off the pitch before they play.

Skybluemac

People who treat the baggage carousel at the Airport as an extension of the family holiday. The whole family have to get front row viewing to spot and see if dad can wrestle a case past all the other twats just standing there gawping.

Houchens Head

Bloody Isle of Wight ferry prices! Cost a small fortune just to go across to the mainland for a day trip! :mad:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Another one is "Hipsters" and generally chuffed people.

Ha ha....yeah hipsters were probably cool for 6 months back in 2007/8....now your just old news....mainstream Matalan primark fodder...

....so roll your trouser-legs back down, get some fucking socks on & have a shave.

Oh and american corporation/chain coffee shops.....and everyone in them, please just fuck off & die.

Nick

Administrator
Ha ha....yeah hipsters were probably cool for 6 months back in 2007/8....now your just old news....mainstream Matalan primark fodder...

....so roll your trouser-legs back down, get some fucking socks on & have a shave.

Oh and american corporation/chain coffee shops.....and everyone in them, please just fuck off & die.

It is wearing a T shirt and a scarf that gets me. Why do it indoors?

Houchens Head

Socks with open-toed sandals! What's that all about? :D

Johnnythespider

Sponsored ads on here, just seen one that asked " why is everyone talking about Wonderbrow ? and thought somebody had started a thread about a German striker. Turns out it was for mascara !!!!

Covkid1968#

People using the word "literally" inappropriately - it really gets on my tits

"I literally died when I saw one Direction"....no you fecking never you clown, otherwise you would be dead!!!!

And the other one is...."Like I was saying"

No you fecking werent - you have just said it for the first time, why was it "like you were saying"!!!!

Pffff....getting irritated just thinking about it

Covstu

People who stop suddenly in a packed street when your walking behind them and they 'tut' at you! Fucking riles me....

Johnnythespider

People who don't pick up their dog's shit! I always carry little poop bags attached to my pooches lead. It doesn't take a second to pick it up and drop it it a bin! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why don't people cut out the middle man and just get their dog to shit in the bin :)

workdad

Taxi's using bus lanes. Why the fuck should they have priority over the rest of us ? Grinds my gears it does when they fucking sail past all the lines of waiting traffic .

Users who are viewing this thread