What's your gripe? (1 Viewer)

lewys33

Driving in general is a big one for me. Middle lane abusers, common courtesy (not saying thank you), roundabout lane discipline.

My biggest one is getting up to speed on a motorway slip road. Literally want to drag people out of their cars and slap them around the face when they are trying to pull on to a motorway at 40-50mph. Cretins.

eastwoodsdustman

Driving in general is a big one for me. Middle lane abusers, common courtesy (not saying thank you), roundabout lane discipline.

My biggest one is getting up to speed on a motorway slip road. Literally want to drag people out of their cars and slap them around the face when they are trying to pull on to a motorway at 40-50mph. Cretins.

I use j15a on the M1 every day and there are loads of people who come out of the services just before the slip road and don't get much above 45mph getting onto the motorway. Its great when they pull out on you and leave you battling at truck to get onto the M1.
I used to have a real problem with middle lane hogs but just under take them now with no qualms. Consequently, I don't get frustrated by them any more.

Nick

Administrator
I still remember the day on the motorway there were some absolute dickheads for miles undercutting, slamming on, tailgating, weaving in and out and getting a bit of road rage.

They left it until the last minute to pull in to come off at a junction but I wasn't having it and kept speeding up and slowing down to keep them in the middle name so they missed the junction, gave them a wave after the junction and flew off :)

Was a twattish thing to do, but felt like I had achieved something that day!

Sick Boy

The standard of driving in this country is truely appalling. The standard of driving on motorways is the worst I've seen in western Europe.

NorthernWisdom

That's the problem someone always does let them in ,the m6/a14 junction is terrible for people pushing in at the last minute

Problem is in some places it's a case of can't beat em, join em. When I worked in Birmingham Aston Expressway to M6 saw me queue up patiently for a good hour plus in the right (as in correct - left!) lane. Once I got to the junction at last I realised I was stuck there because of everyone cutting in.

So after a while of doing it properly, what else was I to do but follow the crowd?

As an aside, what annoys me is there's a place on my current route where something similar happens from time to time. It's been known for drivers to go in the outside lane at the same speed as the inside traffic, to get it moving again. This is great... until the buggers refuse to let them back in, oblivious to the fact they'd still be sat there if not for the help!

Last edited:

shmmeee

Yes I show the rant in my philosophy classes. It doesn't actually make any difference though, does it? He claims that God has no right to allow evil but that doesn't mean it ain't so. In other words what we believe doesn't alter reality. There might still be a God and that God may or may not permit evil, you see.

This is the Epicurus' Problem of Evil (I realise I'm probably teaching Grandma to suck eggs here).

It's not about his right to allow evil.

If God has the power to stop it and allows evil to exist then why is he worthy of our worship as he is not benevolent?

If God doesn't have the power to stop evil, then why worship God as he is not omnipotent?

Buster

Business Rates . A tax on your life with no relation to how rich you are or how much money you make !

Users who are viewing this thread