When we sell Wilson in the summer ... (1 Viewer)

Astute

I can see them keeping him for another season unless a massive bid comes in for him during the closed season. A bid that would be in the millions. It is how much he is worth to our club. Without his goals we would already be relegated this season. His goals have won us the last two games. Our bad run was when he was out injured.

If we sorted out our defence and we keep him anything could happen. If he had another good season his value would keep going up. He is learning all the time. Wouldn't think his wage is very high. On a long contract. Best striker in this division and is young.

Our problem is that we can never guess what SISU will do next. We don't know what will happen with the JR. Will they need to cash in to pay towards next season instead of bringing our club home?

Covstu

without a doubt he has been one of the missing links required that given us a great start to the season. His goals have instantly helped us pick up points again and probably saved us from relegation for another season. He is the league's top goalscorer for a reason because he is quality. I doubt we will keep hold of him but pray to god we do or else I cannot see us doing anything but battle at the basement next season.

skybluetony176

When we sell him and sisu only fund a long string of loan players as a "replacement" RFC can start another thread on how the owners are "backing" us.

thaiskyblue

Would be great if he stayed (wouldn't hold my breath), but in his interview after the game he's talking about next season (as a sky blue), so let's wait and see.

shmmeee

Nah, we won't be spending £2m on players. £500k tops, the rest will go on covering losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Then we will struggle IMO because that's what it'd cost to replace that quality.

The Gentleman

Whether he stays or he goes (and I think he might go), it doesn't solve our bigger issues. He could score his and Clarke's quota next season but if we still concede more than we score it makes no difference and with or without a 10 point deduction we still won't make the playoffs.

Brighton Sky Blue

Whether he stays or he goes (and I think he might go), it doesn't solve our bigger issues. He could score his and Clarke's quota next season but if we still concede more than we score it makes no difference and with or without a 10 point deduction we still won't make the playoffs.

Much easier to get a team to defend cohesively than it is to find a 20+ league goalscorer. However, if Murphy and Wilson leave and are not replaced it'll be a season of hurt in store I fear.

The Gentleman

Much easier to get a team to defend cohesively than it is to find a 20+ league goalscorer. However, if Murphy and Wilson leave and are not replaced it'll be a season of hurt in store I fear.

After listening to the second half on the way home from a day's graft, I think Murphy is as important as Wilson. You are exactly right that it'll be a year of pain if they both go.

Brighton Sky Blue

After listening to the second half on the way home from a day's graft, I think Murphy is as important as Wilson. You are exactly right that it'll be a year of pain if they both go.

The only thing Murphy really did wrong yesterday was fluff at a corner which gifted away the equaliser. Other than that he really kept us in the game and it's as much down to him as it is Wilson that we got the result.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agreed even if you have only average players in defence you can still organise them and coach the basics to make them competent at defending. You can't really teach a player how to score goals

Spionkop

Think of any player for us you rated over the years.
He plays well, there are weeks, months of debate and concern.
Will he go, will he stay.
You know they'll go.
Foregone conclusion here.
Very sad to say.
Callum, would you like £3,000 a week at City or £10,000 at Blackburn?

kg82

The only thing Murphy really did wrong yesterday was fluff at a corner which gifted away the equaliser. Other than that he really kept us in the game and it's as much down to him as it is Wilson that we got the result.

Looked to me like their player blocked him, completely by accident as everyone had their eyes on the ball and not a free kick

covcity4life

The play offs were always only going to be an outside chance, especially with our leaky defence.

How much did wells go for? I'd say £1.5-2m. That would go up if he had managed to repeat it over another season or 2 with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

we are joint 6th without council deduction so stop making out we are worse than we are stupot.

also wilson might not definetley go.

Grendel

Yes. But that's not what you said is it, you little mental person you?

Do you have some kind of e-alert system which flags up when someone posts a negative remark about your council comrades?

torchomatic

covcity4life

and he said its a hard pill to swallow, as entiment echoed by all real cov fans.

shmee you wanna watch your mouth mate.

stupot07

we are joint 6th without council deduction so stop making out we are worse than we are stupot.

also wilson might not definetley go.

Give it a rest, yes we are joint 6th without the 10 point deduction. But guess what we have a 10 point deduction, hence why play offs were always only an outside chance.

We had 44 points (without the deduction) from 27 games just before Clarke left sitting 12 points behind 6th. That's 1.62 points per game or over the season 75 points, - 10 = 65 points. Sixth looks like it's going to be lower possibly 70-71 points. As per always an only outside chance.

I never said Wilson would definitely go.

martcov

Come off it. It should be clear to everyone here that neither ACL nor the council went on a rent strike to break a lease agreement. SISU did that and then claimed that the anchor tenant of a purpose built football stadium "Coventry City Football Club Ltd.", was in fact a defunct property company. They then didn't hear any offers made by ACL and didn't want to drop the JR ( the JR having nothing to do with running a football club to acheive sporting success ). With the murky dealings going on in the background ( and still going on as neither the CCFC Ltd. accounts have been filed, nor has there been progress on the liquidation of CCFC Ltd. )it should have been clear to SISU that the CVA would be rejected. All "standard business practice" and calculated in for the wider picture, which has nothing to do with acheiving sporting success. So please don't call it the "council 10 point deduction". It is the SISU deduction. They were calling the tune at the time of administration, not a Stadium management company partly owned by the council.

covcity4life

Give it a rest, yes we are joint 6th without the 10 point deduction. But guess what we have a 10 point deduction, hence why play offs were always only an outside chance.

We had 44 points (without the deduction) from 27 games just before Clarke left sitting 12 points behind 6th. That's 1.62 points per game or over the season 75 points, - 10 = 65 points. Sixth looks like it's going to be lower possibly 70-71 points. As per always an only outside chance.

I never said Wilson would definitely go.

you give it a rest. always want to talk about how ccfc r so shit. here we are joint 6th in april and you want to ignore a pts deduction to try prove your point.

you score more own goals than your hero jordan clarke.

stupot07

you give it a rest. always want to talk about how ccfc r so shit. here we are joint 6th in april and you want to ignore a pts deduction to try prove your point.

you score more own goals than your hero jordan clarke.

How is saying that with a 10 point deduction that play offs were always an outside chance = saying we're shit?

We've had an amazing season, never said we hadn't. We can't ignore the points deduction - whatever we've done this season we had to do 10 points better.

You're seeing things that aren't there, especially as I'm one of the biggest critics for ACL rejecting the CVA.

Last edited:

covcity4life

How is saying that with a 10 point deduction that play offs were always an outside chance = saying we're shit?

We've had an amazing season, never said we hadn't. We can't ignore the points deduction - whatever we've done this season we had to do 10 points better.

You're seeing things that aren't there, especially as I'm one of the biggest critics for ACL rejecting the CVA.

you told me to give it a rest for pointing out pts deduction??????????????

The Gentleman

we would be joint 6th without 10pt deduction

thats a fact.

If Wilson hadn't of got injured we may have been 6th.

If Clarke hadn't of left we may have been 6th.

If we have better defenders we may have been 6th.

If we had better coaching we may have been 6th.

If we had signed better players we may have been 6th.

We are where we are and no amount of bitching and crying is going to change that, that is a fact.

But hey, if you want to start age old arguments again (and again and again) then keep saying it and blaming CCC. Was it CCC who rejected the CVA or ACL though?

Users who are viewing this thread