Who is good enough next season? (1 Viewer)

Deity

The Europeans, mainly the Spanish want to create it as they can’t compete with the Premier League.
Yes and the Italians

essentially for decades the worlds top players dominated their leagues and they didn’t come to England.

Now the balance has semi shifted and they can see its structural and therefore are trying to create a different structure to be able to compete.

hamertime

It’s from a financial perspective more than anything else. The idea that a player is only considered a top-flight player if they’ve played in the PL is ridiculous.
Money makes the world go round, the revenue of the Premier League is double its closest competitor, Spain. I’d say that’s domination. Money talks and gyokeres will go to the highest bidder.

Sick Boy

Money makes the world go round, the revenue of the Premier League is double its closest competitor, Spain. I’d say that’s domination. Money talks and gyokeres will go to the highest bidder.
I don’t doubt he will do but claiming moving to a mid table side like Chelsea is a step-up from playing for Sporting and CL football is wrong.

Let’s not forget that it’s Spanish clubs who’ve won the CL the most over the last 10 years; it’s hardly like English clubs are dominating European football.

hamertime

I don’t doubt he will do but claiming moving to a mid table side like Chelsea is a step-up from playing for Sporting and CL football is wrong.
Are you arguing for the sake of it? Where did I say he will even move to the Premier League?

The only point I made was the world does evolve of the Premier League. All the other bits you’ve just had it on😂

Deity

Let’s not forget that it’s Spanish clubs who’ve won the CL the most over the last 10 years; it’s hardly like English clubs are dominating European football.
Playing in the Premier League for Chelsea is a step up from Sporting. Premier League and Chelsea are now global brands ( despite the last couple of Chelsea seasons ) ….

If you apply your logic then moving from SP to Man United wouldn’t be a step up …

Sick Boy

Playing in the Premier League for Chelsea is a step up from Sporting. Premier League and Chelsea are now global brands ( despite the last couple of Chelsea seasons ) ….

If you apply your logic then moving from SP to Man United wouldn’t be a step up …
Yeah, apart from Chelsea finishing in the bottom half last season and looking like they’ll finish there again. They’re hardly a club that’s going to attract ambitious players these days - I don’t see how they’re a genuine step up.

hamertime

You could also say over the last 5 years England has won three of the five Champions Leagues having six teams in those five finals.

Spain has won it once we having one team in those five finals.

They know the tide is turning, and that’s why they wanted the European super league so they can compete financially.

ms639

Collins - Number 2 for me
Wilson - get rid to anyone
Moore - He will be gone
MVE - needs to sort his shit out
Burroughs - I think theres a player there
Thomas - in the air hes Maldini. On the floor he's sometimes Kevin Malaga
Kitching - good player
Latibeaudiere- jack of all trades. Master of none
Binks - cant see him staying
Bidwell - will be off and i dont see why
DaSilva - shite
Torp - good player
Sheaf - best player
Eccles - just never seems to push on does he? Fine as a squad player
Kelly - will be gone
Allen - will be gone
O'Hare - will be gone but id let him rot now the leagues over. Try get your prem move now ballbag
Palmer - one minute hes messi, the next hes just messy
Tats - fantastic player
EMC - Great rep lets see
Wright - i still think he will be a very good player for us and he's a lot better than Simms
Godden - Will be gone
Simms - utter dross, stealing a living
Tavares - will be gone

A lot of people are saying we can give it a 'proper go' next season. My response to that is can we? Really? Hence the above. We STILL need major surgery to give it a real go.

For me its crucial that Vik moves on this summer. £12 million could get us the striker, O'Hare replacement and LB we so sorely need

If he doesn't, well. I fail to see whos going to bring us any serious money in from a sale
What a fucking pessimistic view, absolutely pathetic

Mucca Mad Boys

HmmmView attachment 34381

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It’s fair to say the English domestic league is a lot tougher than La Liga.

Madrid and Barcelona have won all the Champions Leagues compared to Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Man City in England. Likewise, Spurs and Arsenal have been finalists.

Correct me if I’m wrong, the only other Champions League finalist from La Liga is Athletico.

The Spanish teams really dominate the Europa league. Partly because their UCL qualifying teams can get knocked out of the Group stage whereas the English teams tend to make it to the KO rounds.

Mucca Mad Boys

Moore - He will be gone
Kitching - good player
DaSilva - shite
Torp - good player
Sheaf - best player
Kelly - will be gone
Allen - will be gone
O'Hare - will be gone but id let him rot now the leagues over. Try get your prem move now ballbag
Tats - fantastic player
EMC - Great rep lets see
Wright - i still think he will be a very good player for us and he's a lot better than Simms
Godden - Will be gone
Tavares - will be gone

A lot of people are saying we can give it a 'proper go' next season. My response to that is can we? Really? Hence the above. We STILL need major surgery to give it a real go.

For me its crucial that Vik moves on this summer. £12 million could get us the striker, O'Hare replacement and LB we so sorely need

If he doesn't, well. I fail to see whos going to bring us any serious money in from a sale

There’s players we need to upgrade on, absolutely. My priority areas are central midfield and out wide. The championship has ground us down in those areas.

However, I do think you’ll look back on this and cringe. We had two bad performances missing key players.

There’s a lot to play for still and even if we didn’t make the playoffs, it’s not a disaster. We’re not good enough to survive in the Prem even if we performed a miracle.

JSL

Based upon the pre-warning last summer that there would be (and was) a large squad rebuild and to allow them time to gel etc, what would be the situation if we actually got promoted? There would surely be the same scenario again as not many of our existing squad are premier league ready and we risk doing a Burnley and coming straight back down. Getting out of the championship an staying there is going to be one hell of a task.

Last edited:

Deity

Based upon the pre-warning last summer that there would be (and was) a large squad rebuild and to allow them time to gel etc, what would be the situation if we actually got promoted? There would surely be the same scenario again as not many of our existing squad are premier league ready and we risk doing a Burnley and coming straight back down. Getting out of the championship a staying there is going to be one hell of a task.
That would be a high quality problem and one hope we need to solve in the not too distant future

Reactions: JSL

hamertime

Based upon the pre-warning last summer that there would be (and was) a large squad rebuild and to allow them time to gel etc, what would be the situation if we actually got promoted? There would surely be the same scenario again as not many of our existing squad are premier league ready and we risk doing a Burnley and coming straight back down. Getting out of the championship an staying there is going to be one hell of a task.
Even if you come straight back down its part of the building process. Look at Luton, they havent spent much and if they come back down with parachute payments i can see them smashing the champiopnship next season then will be a much stronger team with money to spend going in to a second premier league spell.

JSL

Even if you come straight back down its part of the building process. Look at Luton, they havent spent much and if they come back down with parachute payments i can see them smashing the champiopnship next season then will be a much stronger team with money to spend going in to a second premier league spell.
I think Luton's intent was to use their money for building a stadium rather than on their team. Burnley spent like crazy.

hamertime

I think Luton's intent was to use their money for building a stadium rather than on their team. Burnley spent like crazy.
Its looks like they are building for the long term, i can see them being the next Brentford.

Otis

Luton have kept quite a few from their Championship team haven't they. Not sure on the numbers, but it must be 7 or 8.

I just can't see us being able to do that and make anything of a fist of it in the Premier League. I think we would need pretty much a whole new team.

Reactions: JSL

Hincha

HmmmView attachment 34381

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not sure how there are only 3 Champions Leagues there - Liverpool & Chelsea X2 and Man U & Man City X1

I think it’s fair to say the tide is turning with 3 of those in the last 5 years and the financial clout of even the bottom half of the Prem. Bournemouth are beating AC Milan to signings FFS

Gibbo

Moore - He will be gone
Kitching - good player
DaSilva - shite
Torp - good player
Sheaf - best player
Kelly - will be gone
Allen - will be gone
Tats - fantastic player
EMC - Great rep lets see
Godden - Will be gone
Tavares - will be gone

I agreed with everyone of these but one Simms and now feel vindicated / smug

Users who are viewing this thread