Why do fans think CCFC should not be profitable? (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

How long should the council, acl, higgs trust, wasps etc be messed around, sued, lied to by our owners. I think we all know once sisu have washed there hands with our club and gone, it will be these entities along with new owners who will pick up the pieces.

They should have held on for as long as it took for SISU to go. They cut the club loose out of spite. Wasps, ACL, Higgs and the Council will have nothing to do with picking up the pieces as they helped smash the club along with SISU.

Gosford Green

They should have held on for as long as it took for SISU to go. They cut the club loose out of spite. Wasps, ACL, Higgs and the Council will have nothing to do with picking up the pieces as they helped smash the club along with SISU.

Never heard you mention this before.

Astute

Yes they should. But.....

SISU are hanging around and there is no ground for them to get. How much longer do you think that they would hang about if there was a ground?

torchomatic

Yes they should. But.....

SISU are hanging around and there is no ground for them to get. How much longer do you think that they would hang about if there was a ground?

If we owned the Ricoh or another ground then SISU would be gone a lot sooner as we'd be more attractive to potential investors. At the moment we have virtually nothing, so what incentive is there for a new owner. In my opinion SISU will be here for many more years.

shmmeee

So basically then why would anyone own a football club unless it's a bloody rich bloke looking for a hobby?

There's a reason the joke "How do you make a small fortune in football? Start with a large one" exists.

Yes, the game is fucked. But when people can see time after time the club has punched itself in the face, it's a little hard to have sympathy. We were told less than a year ago that selling Madders was done to secure the long term financial future of the club. Evidently that was bollocks. We have been told we are breaking even almost every year since SISU arrived, yet here we still are.

The long and the short of it is that if you have trust from your customers, they are more likely to back your decisions. When you've proven yourself to be a lying dipshit who couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, they give you less slack.

shmmeee

If we owned the Ricoh or another ground then SISU would be gone a lot sooner as we'd be more attractive to potential investors. At the moment we have virtually nothing, so what incentive is there for a new owner. In my opinion SISU will be here for many more years.

But Sisu aren't looking to sell?

If we need a ground, what's stopping us? We've had four years to come up with a plan and still nothing.

scubasteve

Well that kind of thinking is why we are in this kind of mess as sisu thought the same. I guess you want them all to bend over take it from sisu and then say thank you for privilege. Take your tinted glasses off and join the real world.

Nick

Administrator
Well that kind of thinking is why we are in this kind of mess as sisu thought the same. I guess you want them all to bend over take it from sisu and then say thank you for privilege. Take your tinted glasses off and join the real world.

No, anything done should have very strict caveats in place that it benefits CCFC.

scubasteve

No, anything done should have very strict caveats in place that it benefits CCFC.
And maybe it will in the future when ownership changes. But currently we have owners who have spent the last few years attempting to destroy the club and anything connected to it.
Its like when your daughter who has a terrible boyfriend you can't help them sooner or later you have to let them go and figure it out for themselves and pick up the pieces when it's over. (Best analogy I can think of).

Nick

Administrator
And maybe it will in the future when ownership changes. But currently we have owners who have spent the last few years attempting to destroy the club and anything connected to it.
Its like when your daughter who has a terrible boyfriend you can't help them sooner or later you have to let them go and figure it out for themselves and pick up the pieces when it's over. (Best analogy I can think of).

It's nothing at all like it, because I wouldn't harm my daughter to try and get at her boyfriend.

scubasteve

It's nothing at all like it, because I wouldn't harm my daughter to try and get at her boyfriend.
No your right you would let him trash your house you let him live in, then say don't worry about it and keep the car you pay the finance on aswell. Then say thanks mate your a star.

Nick

Administrator
No your right you would let him trash your house you let him live in, then say don't worry about it and keep the car you pay the finance on aswell. Then say thanks mate your a star.

No, because my daughter would be CCFC and the boyfriend SISU.

Using your analogy, the council / wasps etc are giving the daughter jabs here and there thinking it will hurt SISU rather than dragging SISU (the boyfriend) directly round the back and beating 10 shades of shit out of them.

If it was a house i paid for for my daughter (ccfc) then I'd have strict rules about who lives there also, so her boyfriend could never take the house from my daughter.

I also wouldn't shout about her boyfriend hurting her and then cosy up to a lad who plays rugby and then join in giving her a slap or 2 whilst berating her ex for it. IT would be different though as he pays for my beers on a Saturday.

Next one?

Brylowes

This!

Or the fact that the club told them they were building a new training ground, academy and stadium. Which unless you are deluded you will know it's all lies.

scubasteve

Using your analogy, the council / wasps etc are giving the daughter jabs here and there thinking it will hurt SISU rather than dragging SISU (the boyfriend) directly round the back and beating 10 shades of shit out of them.

If it was a house i paid for for my daughter (ccfc) then I'd have strict rules about who lives there also, so her boyfriend could never take the house from my daughter.

Next one?
So how

I also wouldn't shout about her boyfriend hurting her and then cosy up to a lad who plays rugby and then join in giving her a slap or 2 whilst berating her ex for it. IT would be different though as he pays for my beers on a Saturday.

Next one?
So if it's so easy what should the council etc have done?
Seeing as handing over the keys to the stadium would have ended in it in a subsidiary company of sisu's just like the training ground did and held as collateral against the debt we owe to them.

Nick

Administrator
So how

So if it's so easy what should the council etc have done?
Seeing as handing over the keys to the stadium would have ended in it in a subsidiary company of sisu's just like the training ground did and held as collateral against the debt we owe to them.

It would be setup in a trust or something separate so it would only benefit CCFC. I'm no lawyer, but I'd make sure it was only possible for it to benefit CCFC and no owners.

scubasteve

It would be setup in a trust or something separate so it would only benefit CCFC. I'm no lawyer, but I'd make sure it was only possible for it to benefit CCFC and no owners.
And you really think sisu would have been interested in something like that? I doubt it very much. But if that's what you believe then fair enough, it's a nice thought.

clint van damme

Although I'm pretty much in line with what Torch and Nick are saying it's pretty much academic now.
What's done is done, we need new owners!
If we're correct, the next battle will be with council and wasps, if we're not, then are co-operative, benevolent council and their pet hedge fund will help out our new owners and everything will be honkey dory.
But the precursor to it all has to be sisu fucking off.

Nick

Administrator
And you really think sisu would have been interested in something like that? I doubt it very much. But if that's what you believe then fair enough, it's a nice thought.

So you give an awful analogy and I correct it for you and show you how it doesn't work and it's a "nice thought". ;)

Since then, Wasps have openly said that the rugby club is just a side interest now haven't they and want to get into property?

Covstu

This is a unique business which cannot be solely ran as a normal business infact no sports club can be to a certain extent. Fisher is doing the job that SISU employ him to do which is to make this club stack up financially regardless of consequences. I think he knows this isn't a long term solution but if he makes break even then they are not going to start asking questions (probably why we had so much turnover previously at board level). As a result of this strategy, this disregards fans opinions and feelings but personally I have no issue in the club selling young stars to make money and given our situation this is really the only way we can survive. We do need to see some of this invested back but there really needs to be a reality check on fans thinking our players are worth £5m etc as they simply are not, we need to hope that they have clauses for sell on's etc similar to the one we had in for Callum.

Equally I think people conveniently forget the previous owners put us in this spiral by spending beyond their means. Sometimes this works, most of the time it doesn't (see Leeds, Cardiff etc)

SISU are not good for football or Coventry that's clear but ultimately I have no issue in having a self sustained club but we need a clear strategy on how we improve as a football club not just how we stack up on the balance sheet.

scubasteve

So you give an awful analogy and I correct it for you and show you how it doesn't work and it's a "nice thought". ;)

Since then, Wasps have openly said that the rugby club is just a side interest now haven't they and want to get into property?
That wasn't a sarcastic "nice thought" it was honest, if they could have sold the stadium and some how protected it, then great. I just think that sisu would have never excepted that, so it is a non starter in my opinion.

SkyBlueZack

Just a thought, but why didn't they create the same amount of shares that were given to SISU by fans upon their arrival. Then distribute the shares back to the fans in the form of the Ricoh. There would of course be a lot to it regarding the running of ACL and board directors. Another option used could have been similar to that of Stamford bridge, where if I'm correct at one point, fans owned the pitch. Something similar to that would stop any major construction.

There would have been ways. Problem is CCC have never been interested in helping CCFC, just themselves.

wingy

Simplest way would have been to hand it to the trust.
Every ST holder automatically becomes member of the trust.
Club then free to utilise /maximise income from operating the venue.

SkyBlueZack

Simplest way would have been to hand it to the trust.
Every ST holder automatically becomes member of the trust.
Club then free to utilise /maximise income from operating the venue.

Would that have been feasible? Considering the relationship between the club and trust?

Astute

Make your mind up Torch. Either CCC should have kept hold of it until SISU had gone or SISU should have got it :)

torchomatic

Make your mind up Torch. Either CCC should have kept hold of it until SISU had gone or SISU should have got it :)

Well either. Ideally (for me), SISU would have purchased the lease of the stadium as Wasps have; I feel we would have been much more attractive to any potential investor. Failing that, the Council should have held their nerve and waited until SISU had gone, which they will one day, and then tried to do a deal with the new owners. Whichever scenario you choose, CCFC would have had 365 revenue. However, due to CCC spite they didn't wait and the rest, as they say, is history.

Astute

I would tell my daughter to get rid of him and find someone who isn't a bullshitter and only cares about money.

torchomatic

I would tell my daughter to get rid of him and find someone who isn't a bullshitter and only cares about money.

Unless he said he was going to build a new house for them both. That would have been one statement everyone would have believed. ;)

Brylowes

Well either. Ideally (for me), SISU would have purchased the lease of the stadium as Wasps have; I feel we would have been much more attractive to any potential investor. Failing that, the Council should have held their nerve and waited until SISU had gone, which they will one day. However, due to their spite they didn't wait and the rest, as they say, is history.
But SISU weren't going anywhere, the council obviously needed a sustainable future
For the Ricoh, what should they have done.

Astute

Well either. Ideally (for me), SISU would have purchased the lease of the stadium as Wasps have; I feel we would have been much more attractive to any potential investor. Failing that, the Council should have held their nerve and waited until SISU had gone, which they will one day. However, due to their spite they didn't wait and the rest, as they say, is history.
But you know that it wasn't spite. CCC were forced into a corner. SISU wouldn't take on the loan. They wouldn't even discuss the matter. And they couldn't just wipe the loan out.

Astute

Unless he said he was going to build a new house for them both. That would have been one statement everyone would have believed. ;)
I would just tell him to take her to Northampton and save the bullshit. Would give me more peace.

Users who are viewing this thread