Why Does Mowbray Escape Criticism? (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

As a manager under huge budget constraints would your first action be to retain tudgay and Ricketts?

Probably not. That would eat at the very least £100k of annual wages out the budget - probably more.

The one player it seems they other clubs sought was Reid and I'd imagine he was on a higher salary than most.

I'd guess Sordell was a reasonably high wage as well especially as we've swapped with Beavon who I doubt took a pay cut to drop a division. Sordell wasn't prolific.
Bigiramana was a basket case last season and didn't fit any style of play at all. Why then actually sign him? Probably as it limited any effort to look elsewhere.

The club allocated responsibility to Mowbray and Venus and they didn't cut it. In the end if you've got a wage bill (budget is the wrong term) you adapt to it. It seemed they didn't and decided to sign few players on higher end of the wage scale.

It was just wrong. You wouldn't re sign aged players and you'd develop a salary cap based on numbers required in the squad. Also you'd adapt the squad and style of play to the league.

How could he decide a wing back system before he'd even recruited the players (one of whom said he'd never played as a wing back!)?

All the experienced players age wise - rose, Reid, Ghadzev, Sordell in the end were poor. His loans didn't work out either.

It sums up his whole tenure that despite the fact we are a dreadful team and in a dreadful position robins picked Slades signings and consigned most of mowbrays to the bench.

Shambolic. He's back where he belongs now. At this level he couldn't do it.

G ,i've noticed you have a like rate of 22.35 % which is the about the same points we have, I think we have around 22 points,to tell you the truth I stopped looking at the table months ago. Anyway I think you deserve another like for this as I totally agree bar a bit, why give two people full control of the playing budget who have never before been in control of financial matters like these. They didn't have a Scooby doo what to do clearly
The majority back in august felt we were in for a very hard season, Tudgay and co ffs ,what a waste of wages, the only bit I disagree slightly is I would have used Ricketts and let him run or be part of the juniors like almost they have. The rest of the recruitment was inept.

Last edited:

Otis

Mowbray was underperforming compared to last season for sure.

Yet I still believe he would have kept us up if he didn't walk away.
I get the feeling though if he hadn't have walked he would have just got sacked further down the line.

Grendel

Mowbray was underperforming compared to last season for sure.

Yet I still believe he would have kept us up if he didn't walk away.

His managerial career shows when he nosedives he never recovers.

He's not a natural scrapper and, like many managers, not adaptable.

On CWR one game Greg Downes was on and summed it up. He said that Mowbray was impossible to replace as he'd produced a team of players trying to play a style of play they couldn't deliver as they were not good enough.

He was right and it also meant they could never adapt to the style of direct play we really needed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I get the feeling though if he hadn't have walked he would have just got sacked further down the line.
Possibly i imagine had mowbray stabilised us and got us towards the lower midtable range from 12-17th as i believe he would have. He probably would have got sacked for not delivering the play offs and underperforming compared to the previous season, and it would have been viewed as failure. Yet obviously with hindsight we would all take that position now.

The Reverend Skyblue

G ,i've noticed you have a like rate of 22.35 % which is the about the same points we have, I think we have around 22 points,to tell you the truth I stopped looking at the table months ago. Anyway I think you deserve another like for this as I totally agree bar a bit, why give two people full control of the playing budget who have never before been in control of financial matters like these. They didn't have a Scooby doo what to do clearly
The majority back in august felt we were in for a very hard season, Tudgay and co ffs ,what a waste of wages, the only bit I disagree slightly is I would have used Ricketts and let him run or be part of the juniors like almost they have. The rest of the recruitment was inept.

Shit we have 26 points not 22 ,what sort of fucking fan am I.
I'm still manically depressed but not so much.
Why does the Football league insist on publishing tables, bloody incompetants don't they know it could result in suicides.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

pretty sure i have not wrote that. if you can find the post that would be nice. or is this some sort of gameplan to turn people against me? very odd

there alot of fans who think jacob murphy was great for us. are you gonna try make everyone agree with your views on everything?
Leave your trump and farage loving politics out of this earlsdon. This is not about politics full stop.

This is not a gameplan to turn anyone against you, as I've said, I generally like your contribution to this board. For some reason however, you seem intent on trying to target every comment I make and it's just getting silly.

stevefloyd

Thing I dont get is why manager after manager signs players with abysmal scoring records... do they suddenly think they will be goal machines?

shmmeee

Thing I dont get is why manager after manager signs players with abysmal scoring records... do they suddenly think they will be goal machines?

I've never got this. If you can't afford a twenty a season player at your level, better to take a gamble on a kid with an outstanding youth record or someone from the lower leagues. Goal scoring is a knack that you either have or you don't IMO. Some 28 year old who has never got more than 10 in his career isn't going to bang them in no matter how many chances you create.

Skyblueweeman

In CCFC4lifes defence, he mentions TM much more rarely nowadays. I've pulled him up before on it and admired his loyalty but it verged on obsession!

He's even changed his profile picture or whatever it's called.

covcity4life

Yeah the only obsession here is your hate towards mowbray. I dobt even mind ppl thinking like u. Just dont think we need yet another thread about it!

P.s my quote nothing to donwith edl and perfectly in context of the thread that u were telling remainers that they lost.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yeah the only obsession here is your hate towards mowbray. I dobt even mind ppl thinking like u. Just dont think we need yet another thread about it!

P.s my quote nothing to donwith edl and perfectly in context of the thread that u were telling remainers that they lost.

I don't hate Mowbray at all. I just think his reputation here was overrated. I understand if the thread has annoyed you however. I am sure if someone did a 'Murphy is great' thread, it would take some self control from me too.

Your quote was dismissive and unfair, and on another post was EDL related. I don't want to crank on about it, but you've far from shown Earlsdon a whole lot of love recently.

Probably we should just leave it at that and now look forward to League 2...

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've never got this. If you can't afford a twenty a season player at your level, better to take a gamble on a kid with an outstanding youth record or someone from the lower leagues. Goal scoring is a knack that you either have or you don't IMO. Some 28 year old who has never got more than 10 in his career isn't going to bang them in no matter how many chances you create.
That's not always true though.

Would you rather have Cody McDonald or mcgoldrick?

covcity4life

I don't hate Mowbray at all. I just think his reputation here was overrated. I understand if the thread has annoyed you however. I am sure if someone did a 'Murphy is great' thread, it would take some self control from me too.

Your quote was dismissive and unfair, and on another post was EDL related. I don't want to crank on about it, but you've far from shown Earlsdon a whole lot of love recently.

Probably we should just leave it at that and now look forward to League 2...

i regret the day i went in to off topic chat

blueflint

If any manager had loads of money and loads of resources they would probably do well, welcome to lower league football where managers have to work on tight budgets and make the best out of what they have / can afford.

It's too easy to just blame resources when you see teams and players with less resources make ours look silly.

how many of these lesser teams with less resources actually change their squad every season

Users who are viewing this thread